Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renthal Superbike Ultralow bars - help!

4 posters

Go down

Renthal Superbike Ultralow bars - help! Empty Renthal Superbike Ultralow bars - help!

Post  Ironman Tue 30 Aug 2011, 4:59 pm

Hi Everyone,
I just received my new bars from the UK. Noice! The OD is fine at 22mm but the ID is only approx 14mm. The stock bar ends (around 17mm OD) simply won't fit.
What have those who have changed their bars to Renthals done about the bar ends?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Renthal Superbike Ultralow bars - help! Empty Re: Renthal Superbike Ultralow bars - help!

Post  STI-REX Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:10 pm

Buy a set of renthal bar end weights

I have a set of ultra lows on order from the local dealer (due this week supposedly) and i ordered a set of weights to go with them at the same time
STI-REX
STI-REX

Back to top Go down

Renthal Superbike Ultralow bars - help! Empty Re: Renthal Superbike Ultralow bars - help!

Post  Dekenai Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:04 pm

STI-REX wrote:Buy a set of renthal bar end weights

I have a set of ultra lows on order from the local dealer (due this week supposedly) and i ordered a set of weights to go with them at the same time

+1
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:46 pm

I fitted bar end indicators from Oberon

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:12 pm

O.K just to update this you can fit the standard end weights to the renthal bars as follows

Go to a dealer and buy a cheap set of bar end plugs with alloy inserts 13mm is the one you need (make sure that the set you buy is a M6 screw and wedge or you will have to drill out your factory end weights to take the more common larger bolt 8MM )

Go to bolt shop and buy an M6 X 70 MM counter sunk bolt X2 ($2.50 each from local engineering shop) as the one in all the kits will be too short $2.50

Now assemble into one piece , the insert gets spread into the inside of the renthal bar by a threaded wedge 6MM from the kit (a little bit of BLUE loctite would be a good idea here)

The insert is just a piece of alloy tube with 4 x cuts about 3/4 of its length

or just buy a set of these

http://www.s3performance.com.au/bar-ends-13mm-bar-end-weights-steetfighter-cnc-billet-pair-p-3112.html

I got lucky and got a pair of renthal bar end weights given to me because my order took 9 weeks from order to delivery to local dealer and then they sent me the wrong bars and that took another week and a half to sort that out
so i just cut the end off those and used it as the the insert and wedge and bought the required bolt

And they wonder why we buy over seas when you try to support the locals and get given the run around by the importer

STI-REX
STI-REX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down