Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redbacks July Ride

4 posters

Go down

Redbacks July Ride Empty Redbacks July Ride

Post  b12mick Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

Below is the report I'll be putting into my club about Sundays club ride.

After a couple of glorious days during the week it was disappointing to wake up to a cloudy and drizzly day on Sunday.

I’m not sure if it was the weather that deterred people, the change of meeting place or the fact the there are 5 Sundays in July that confused people but only three of us met at Kooringal McDonalds. As mentioned in the newsletter and in the email I sent last week the destination for Sundays ride would be decided on the day by those who showed up.

After consulting a map Me, Myself and I decided it’d be a good opportunity to check out some roads between Wagga and Temora we either hadn’t ridden before or hadn’t ridden for a very long time. After I had finished my coffee and myself had a smoke we geared up and headed off to Junee via Marrar at about 9:10. I led the way, Myself was close behind with Me playing tail end Charlie. Not bad roads and only a little annoying drizzle to put a damper on things. I set a pretty fast pace and after arriving in Junee, Myself considered stopping but Me and I convinced Myself to keep going.

Myself led the way out of Junee on the Gundagai road before veering left on a narrow back road to Illabo. This was an opportunity for Me to open the throttle with myself and I trying to keep up. This road certainly isn’t to everyone’s taste. It’s narrow, bumpy and has a few floodway dips to keep things interesting, particularly with Me pushing the pace somewhat.

It was still drizzling and was getting a little bit chilly so we decided that a stop at Illabo was in order. After a coffee, smoke and a wee break I thought it’d be a good idea to put on some thermal inner gloves while Myself and Me consulted the map.

It was decided that, discretion being the better part of valour, we’d give some of the roads around Illabo a miss and head for Bethungra, turn left at the ‘servo’ and on to Temora.

The road from Bethungra started out quite narrow and bumpy, but a healthy pace was maintained. A little confusion occurred when we came to an unexpected T intersection. Given that Myself was leading, and can read maps, we turned left, presumably in the direction of Temora. The road to the right looked interesting and I thought that’d be good to try on another ride.

With the road improving somewhat and the drizzle stopping I took the lead and set a rather quick pace before turning right at Dimaseer. This road is quite a lot of fun, albeit short lived. At the intersection with the Old Cootamundra Rd we turned left and headed for Temora.

We topped the tank of in Temora before heading to “Pale Face” park for another quick break. I took off the thermal inner gloves as it was now comparatively warm. While Me and Myself were having a coffee and smoke another rider showed up on a Yamaha Venture Royal (think Goldwing). Turns out he was heading to Sydney from Ungarie to sell the bike, but had left his gloves at home and had just bought a pair of gardening gloves. Feeling for the guy I gave him the thermal inner gloves, and with much thanks he headed off.

Me checked the time, 11:30, and convinced Myself and I that if we headed off now and kept a good pace we could get home in time not only for lunch but to watch the one o’clock AFL game. So, with no time to loose we rode out towards Junee on the Olympic Way before turning right on to the Coolamon road. By this time the drizzle had all but gone and a very enthusiastic pace was maintained. Going through Coolamon we had quick look (didn’t stop) at some MG’s that were ‘on tour’ then headed right onto The Rock-Coolamon Rd to the Old Narrandera Rd. Me thought about heading down Gap Road, knowing that there is about 5km of dirt at this end, but this gives way to tarmac some nice corners. Myself and I slowed down and decided it looked a bit to wet and muddy, fortunately Me reluctantly agreed and we kept going and headed straight home.

Me, Myself and I got home at about 12:30 after riding just under 280km. While it was a little wet and a tad cold it was a most enjoyable ride.

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Redbacks July Ride Empty Re: Redbacks July Ride

Post  Re-Cycled Mon 25 Jul 2011, 12:47 pm

LOL I always enjoy a ride report, thanks.

At least all your mates showed up. Wink

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  xpalan Mon 25 Jul 2011, 12:57 pm

Thats a great report and sounds like you have found some good riding buddies to boot. lol!
xpalan
xpalan

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 25 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

I don't usually do ride reports for the forums because they are really centred around the club I'm with. But after writing this one out I thought others may find it mildly amusing.

It actually follows on from last months when we really did have only 3 people show up on a day that was absolutely fantastic for a ride.

I really should remember to take a camera with me and actually use it. Then all I have to do is remember to post the pictures.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm

b12mick wrote:I really should remember to take a camera with me and actually use it. Then all I have to do is remember to post the pictures.

Then you could get Me to take a photo of Myself and I. Smile

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

The sad thing is that my wife (Janice) and I went for a quick 80km ride on Saturday and were being followed by a large group of bikes from Wagga to Uranquinty (about 30km) they stopped at the Uranquinty Pub, presumably for a break and a beer. We had a laugh at them needing a break after such a short distance.

That night I jumped on Facebook for the first time in months and looked up the group (RDV Riders - I have no idea what RDV stands for). It turns out there was 32 bikes in the group heading for, what for it, Morvan for an overnight stay. Now, for those that doen't know Morvan is 70km from Wagga. This made us laugh even more.

Now for the sad bit. Here I was laughing at 32 bikes riding 70km for an overnight stay, then on Sunday the Redbacks have 1 person show up for a 280km morning ride. It made me wonder who the soft cocks are.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 27 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

I'm glad the other two fell into line and didnt start blueing.

The shortest overnighter I have done was with a group but I joined at Sale and we rode to Lakes Entrance about 125km for me Laughing

R = Riverina, D = District, V = ????

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:49 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I'm glad the other two fell into line and didnt start blueing.

The shortest overnighter I have done was with a group but I joined at Sale and we rode to Lakes Entrance about 125km for me Laughing

V-twins or veterans?

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:I'm glad the other two fell into line and didnt start blueing.

lol - it could have been messy - but it's lucky Me not being a fighter.

V-twins or veterans?

I was thinking along the same lines, but there was bit of a mix of bikes. Certainly most of them were cruisers, but there was some sports bikes, nakeds and sports tourers.

A bit more checking and it appears RDV are some how associated with S.Y.L.F.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:10 pm

b12mick wrote:A bit more checking and it appears RDV are some how associated with S.Y.L.F.
Part of the Finks Rolling Eyes

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:36 am

I don't know they are actually part of the FINKS, but they promote a couple of SYLF rides. Could be that they are just doing a community service, who knows.

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:39 am

b12mick wrote:I don't know they are actually part of the FINKS, but they promote a couple of SYLF rides. Could be that they are just doing a community service, who knows.

Maybe "associated" with FINKS wont get my house fire bombed Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 28 Jul 2011, 2:05 pm

lol. Actually the local Finks pretty much keep to themselves, and I'd be surprised if 'Joe Public' even knows we have a local chapter.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down