Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New rider, new bike and newest member - G'day from the Gold Coast!

+8
Baz
grumpy60
Re-Cycled
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
Al Fentanyl
Saikhan
Soutter
12 posters

Go down

New rider, new bike and newest member - G'day from the Gold Coast! Empty New rider, new bike and newest member - G'day from the Gold Coast!

Post  Soutter Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:01 pm

Hey all, just got my first bike. It's a 2000 Suzuki GSF250v. Not sure if I'm hanging out with the right crowd here but anyways it's a really nice bike, I'm lovin' it at the moment. I actually flew down, bought it in Sydney and road it back up to the Coast which was a mission and a half but definitely worth it.

Soutter
Soutter
Soutter

Back to top Go down

New rider, new bike and newest member - G'day from the Gold Coast! Empty Re: New rider, new bike and newest member - G'day from the Gold Coast!

Post  Saikhan Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:37 am

Welcome. It's a Bandit, so you are in the right place. I'd like one of those actually. Just because.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

New rider, new bike and newest member - G'day from the Gold Coast! Empty Re: New rider, new bike and newest member - G'day from the Gold Coast!

Post  Al Fentanyl Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:46 am

Nice!
Helluva ride home but.....

Al Fentanyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:56 am

Welcome aboard.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:06 am

Welcome aboard and welcome to the world of 2 wheels.

Dont worry we all started off on something and some of us havent progressed very far Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:33 am

Hey, that's great, and it sounds like you've already had an adventure.

It's a real bike, with 4 cylinders (not like, oh look, it's just like a motor bike but with half the cylinders Razz )

Welcome.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy60 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:46 pm

hi and welcome.....more pics needed..........................................Grumpy clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

hello and welcome.
nice roads out in the hinterland

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm

What a way to start enjoying what is a fantastic machine. Welcome to the site, you will find the guys here very helpful and with loads of advice to offer.

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Soutter Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:52 am

Cheers guys, Yeah it was a decent first ride aye haha. I started up a day before there was all those flash floodings in NSW so i was copping the brunt of the downpour. The novelty of riding wore off pretty quickly on the trip up but I would do it all over again no question. The roads out here are really awesome for riding. I still haven't taken it up the mountains but my parent's live past cunungra so I've done a couple of runs up there which were a lot of fun. I'll try and get some more pics up when I get a decent camera as it's a beautiful bike.
Soutter
Soutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Phill Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

Hello,welcome Queenslander, well done with the bike and ride home. I am hoping one of my boys get into bikes (mum says no, we will see!!, his choice) BTW, how much and how many km has your bike done. Very Happy Very Happy
Phill
Phill

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

Welcome to the forum mate. I think u may be the first 2fiddy on here.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Soutter Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

First 250 in the forum? I'll take that! It was $3800 with almost 16k on the clock. The only real problem it has is the speedo which is on the fritz. I took the back cover off and it looks like is has some decent damage done and plastic welded back up. Not much of a problem as I just cruise with the flow of traffic anyway. Bit strange on the way up though when it showed 100kph when it felt like 70. Thinking about getting an Acewall replacement set: http://www.s3performance.com.au/acewell-2853-digital-speedometer-with-chrome-fascia-ring-ideal-for-cruisers-and-customs-p-60.html
Soutter
Soutter

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 27 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

Yep do the acewell. A mate has one on his 1200 and it's the dogs bollocks.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down