Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New tyre decision

+6
Kaupy1962
geekay007
reddog
Dekenai
2wheelsagain
Suu Kyi
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New tyre decision - Page 2 Empty New tyre decision

Post  Suu Kyi Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

Time to change the tyres on my Bandit 1250S after 12,000 Kms so looking for some advice as to the best choice. Happy with the items that came with the machine new which are Dunlop Sportmaxs. Front D218FT 120/70 ZR17 and Rear D218N 180/55 ZR17 as they've lasted a long time and handle reasonably well.

Currently looking at Michelin Pilot Road 3s and trying to decide btween a standard 180 or a wider 190 for the back, been told that the wider could affect handling.

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.
Suu Kyi
Suu Kyi

Back to top Go down

New tyre decision - Page 2 Empty Re: New tyre decision

Post  Bandit Sun 10 Jul 2011, 8:18 am

Sorry to hijack the thread but some info if anyones interested....
For everyone looking at a 190 rear, I run pirelli Diablo , diablo rosso, and now diablo rosso II and love em, never scared me in the wet or in any condition. Now going to the 190 rear, I have had my front forks dropped by 6mm which made the bike turn in perfect (for my ridding style) but still running the 180 rear. My rear shock was caputo so i installed a k8 hayabusa rear shock which lifted the rear end by approx 2" inches, this made the bike a bit too twitchy for my liking combined with the 6mm fork drop (6mm front fork drop 2" inch rear rise). too fix the twitchyness i went to a 190 rear (To slow it down abit) which suited it to a T. Oh BTW my ride is a K3 year model 1200. Bottom line a 190 rear will fit with no issue (on the K3 model at least) BUT it will slow the flick left to right of the bike, as above along with other mods the 190 works perfect , on a stock set up i would not recommend going to a 190 as it does slow things down through the twisty bits.
Regards
The Bandit. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sun 10 Jul 2011, 8:35 am

Had the new Michelin PR 3's fitted the other afternoon.. haven't ridden the bike since the ride home then which was a pretty straight run from Rydalmere to Katoomba in the dark and cold (1 degree when I rolled up at home!) - So obviously haven't had a chance to check them out; however I noticed a big difference.. seemed much more 'sticky' on the corners I went around (carefully with the new tyres of course!) Hope to go out to Mudgee on Tuesday so will have a bit more of an idea after that.. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Tue 12 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

OK... now been about 400km on the PR3's.. did the trip to Mudgee and back today - cold - Anyway... I like them. Seem much more sticky about the corners and smooth. Was concerned that the small lacerated type cuts in the front tyre at right angles to the direction of travel may have created a noise but didn't notice anything different. So at this stage quite happy with the choice. Smile

As a side note - I was moping around Parramatta yesterday afternoon killing some time before a meeting and went into 'Action' Suzuki for a browse.. Thought I'd ask the tyre section about tyres - specifically the PR3's and how much to fit on a Bandit 1250.
The guy told me that they don't have any yet as they want to run their PR2's out before getting the PR3's in... price for a front and rear PR2 was $512, he told me that fitting was an extra $55 per tyre if you brought the bike in (if you only brought the wheels it was cheaper but I don't remember now how much cheaper.) I know the PR3's are selling at a higher price that the '2s' so if bought there I'd say you'd be looking at paying at least around $650 fitted!
The guys I mentioned on my first post here (Whites Racing products) fitted the PR3's onto my Bandit for $475 - total. What a huge saving! bounce It goes without saying that I won't be buying tyres from 'Action' in a hurry!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum