Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynabeads and Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres.

Go down

Dynabeads and Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres. Empty Dynabeads and Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres.

Post  Mpottsy Fri 13 May 2011, 1:05 pm

Well the beads continue to impress. Took the bike for another ride from Katoomba to Wentworth falls for breakfast and then back again past Katoomba down towards Lithgow stopping at the Full throttle Diner for another Cuppa.

Before I set of however I noticed that there was still a balance weight on the rear wheel which the garage had obviously forgotten to remove when fitting the new tyres (new PR3's from JW). Once this was removed I set off and immediately noticed a difference. The slight wobble that I have previously mentioned has gone so I can only assume that this was being caused by the old balance weight which was in the wrong place for the new tyre and now redundant due to the Dynabeads.

As for the Tyres the PR3's feel good lots of grip and no drifting. I can back from Lithgow up the hill to Katoomba, observing the speed limit of course, and the bike felt like it was stuck to the road. The front end seems to have lots of grip sticking to the tight apex's of the corners and the drive from the rear is fantastic. I was feeling in total control as I came up the hill and at no point did I feel as if I had run out of grip. The road was dry so I would expect good grip from a brand new set of tyres. I am however not sure if it is a result of the Dynabeads but it felt like I did not have to lean the bike over as much to turn as I did before on the old Bridgestones? food for thought for another discussion.

For those of you thinking of using these (dynabeads) I can at this point recommend them. The GSX is smooth to ride and I have not noticed any side effects to having them. It will be interesting to see how this goes as the tyres wear and the balance shifts. Will the ride still be as smooth? Will there be any issues once the tyres are no longer a perfect shape? Time will tell. As for the PR3's a good run in the wet is needed to fully complete the review.

If anyone in the sydney Area is interested then please by all means contact me and come over and try them out. There always has to be a first person to try new technology.

I purchased my Dynabeads at http://www.dynabeads.co.uk/

Not Sure about cost of posting to Australia as I was on a business trip to the Uk and had them posted to the Old Folks place. Picked them up when I dropped in for Sunday roast. I know that this has been posted in general discussion but as this is a product review I thought that I would post this here.
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down