Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This shoud be easy.

2 posters

Go down

This shoud be easy. Empty This shoud be easy.

Post  gus Sat 30 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

You know those jobs you look at and think this will be easy.Two days ago i decided to do a valve check on the Bonnieville . I'm thinking one hour
max. from start to finish ,these things are allways in spec .
No way 6 out of 8 need differant shims .No big deal i think ,take cams out ,replace shims mabe 2.5 hours .
Cams bolt tension 10nm so the 12 of those will be easy .Strip the first 2 affraid 4 hrs to remove the 12 cam. bolts .
Now we need 2 special pins .2 hrs to make those up .One falls into sparkplug hole (no plug in place ) affraid
Go fishing with magnet Embarassed 1 hr to catch pin.
Down to dealer for some shims ,refit , night time, end of day1.
REcheck in the morning not happy need to change the other two.
Pull all apart AGAIN .
Total time spent One and a half days . No
This shoud be easy. IMG_2050
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

This shoud be easy. Empty Re: This shoud be easy.

Post  skinner Sat 30 Apr 2011, 5:24 pm

Ouch,that sounds painful,but the main thing is, you know the job has been done right Smile
skinner
skinner

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 30 Apr 2011, 6:13 pm

I replaced those bolts with something else .This was the first time i had done this bike .Next time i'm calling 2 hrs.

Thats Bandits valves ,Bonn.valves done Aprilia V-twin to go (carnt wait Evil or Very Mad That ones awkward )

$10 each to exchange a shim .Managed to move 2 around so needed 6 = $60 plus new bolts $13( a one time only ) Two step down pins made $0 triumph $60 , Still think $10 each exchange a bit rich would have been happier to pay $15 each to buy outright and have a stock for next time .
Strangely enough the gaps were all slightly too BIG .Valve beds itself into head (i would have thought )so gap should get smaller .
Yes -no -maybe ..The laSt time i checked this bike they were just on the large gap limit so they have got bigger . Question Question Question
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down