Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Them Old Dog Bones

5 posters

Go down

Them Old Dog Bones Empty Them Old Dog Bones

Post  Desert Bandito Tue 19 Apr 2011, 7:27 am

It's a little over 16k since I pulled the shock linkage off and cleaned and greased the bearings, so after pulling off the shock linkage this morning, and since I had the dog bones off and was already going to be powder coating some other other parts in semi-gloss black, I decided that I would finally make them look a lot better and get rid of the chintzy looking CAD plating, and especially the really nasty looking, angled shear edge from when they were stamped out at the factory.

I spent about 20 minutes total smoothing them up by first taking off the majority of the material on my large 2” belt sander, followed by a final finish smoothing on my smaller 1” belt sander with a fine grit belt. Very Happy

Them Old Dog Bones IMG_2345

Them Old Dog Bones IMG_2348

Custom 07 Candy Sonoma Red Bandit 1250S with MetrickMetal PAIR/EVAP system removal kit, custom Super Trapp exhaust and lots of other custom MetrickMetal billet parts and mods. Holeshot Performance stage II with secondaries removed, Race Tech Gold valves, springs and custom Works Performance shock.
IBA #18470

Desert Bandito

http://metrickmetal@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Them Old Dog Bones Empty Re: Them Old Dog Bones

Post  gus Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:08 am

Some members are going to say "WHY". I'm not one of them. Very Happy

On my last 1200 i had one end welded up and then redrilled 6mm higher or lower (carnt remember )to lift the rear end 25mm. Anyone done this
to a 1250.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:33 am

Buellord is running different dog bones to Jack up the rear. He reckons it transforms the bike handling wise as it makes it quicker to tip in, which isn't a bad thing
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 19 Apr 2011, 12:41 pm

The Ohlins SU715 is around 10mm longer eye to eye which translates to about 25mm at the rear wheel, works pretty good,
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  danbandit Wed 20 Apr 2011, 9:33 pm

I'm using a 2008 Busa shock which is longer and lifts the rear end and I love the handling it really loves being leaned over now, best bit I got it off ebay brand new for $110 delivered.
danbandit
danbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down