Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi tech question - fans and gear shifts

3 posters

Go down

Multi tech question - fans and gear shifts Empty Multi tech question - fans and gear shifts

Post  Ironman Sat 26 Mar 2011, 5:24 pm

Hi All,
I'm going to email Suzuki and ask them why my air con fan doesn't work on my FA(LOL) . (second outboard fan) so we FA riders can rest easy.

Ok, this is probably more aimed at dhula as he has done the heat exchanger mod to his GSX650F....
Q... Do you find that hot gear shifts improved with the heat exchanger fitted?

My issue i'm finding is I get balked 1-2 shifts and end up in neutral when the bike is hot and in stop start traffic. Not all of the time mind and it won't do it if I really concentrate on giving the lever a firm pull up. It did the same thing using Motul & Castrol oils.
I'm thinking maybe adjusting the gear lever position?

I'm also very happy to hear you like the Tri-Oval too - you did take the baffle out didn't you?

Cheers.
J
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Multi tech question - fans and gear shifts Empty multitech question-fans and gesr shifts

Post  bruiser2310 Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:58 pm

what baffle,i`m baffled.
was i supposed to remove something?
mate, it sounds fantastic and she goes harder by the feeling i get.
a bit of pop and crack but that`s good too.
3 to 7 grand is much easier and quicker.
the rear wheel kicked out yesterday coming home
must have been the 80k patch on the road as i was cranking
over it at 120 ish.(i gotta learn to cool it).
isn`t it funny when you get a louder pipe your right hand gets heavier?
i think the second fan is when the oil gets too hot in extreme conds.
off the side of the oil filter is a small pipe joining to a radiator hose
there is a surround on the filter that looks like it`s a sleeve.
maybe,just a stab.the fan is connected to something
good luck in your hunt. got her in pieces right now.found some coolant on
the rhs of the motor down low, looking for the leak.taking a screwdriver to all
hose brackets and checking all bolts.the hoses are just nipped up not tight.
she looks small without her gear on
greg
bruiser2310
bruiser2310

Back to top Go down

Multi tech question - fans and gear shifts Empty Re: Multi tech question - fans and gear shifts

Post  dhula Sun 27 Mar 2011, 1:40 am

without a read of the wksp manual I can't be 100% sure how the setup for both fans work but an educated guess would be
~105 C = 1st fan starts up
~112 C = second fan starts up
~100 C = both fans stop cause it's cool enough
~116 C = warning comes on to tell you to stop cause she's ken hot

The gear shift thing is a bit more difficult. I never noticed any real difference in shifting on the 650F after the oil cooler/heat exchanger fitment so suspect there could be something amiss on your bike.
Most gearshift probs I know of have been down to either rider error or mechanical failure.

Take a look at your shift linkages and make sure the rod is adjusted to your needs and all the nuts and bolts of the entire shift linkage are nice and tight.
Check to be sure there is no slop between the shift arm and the shift rod (the bit that goes into the case). Also check to see if there is slop where the gear lever attaches to the frame.
Failing that it could be an oil issue (doubt it) or something starting to wear funny in the gear box

No that I've scared the shit out of you, it could be a simple as the gearbox needs a bit more time to wear in and perform at it's best (can't remember how many kms you've done)

dhula

Back to top Go down

Multi tech question - fans and gear shifts Empty Re: Multi tech question - fans and gear shifts

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down