Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You People Are Lucky!

2 posters

Go down

You People Are Lucky! Empty You People Are Lucky!

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:51 am

Having a paid day off yesterday Smile to fit within our fatigue management guidelines I planned a ride to Walhalla and setting up the video camera for the last 11km (the interesting bit).

It had been raining over night but was clear at home so I set off with the gear in my new M2R seat bag. Cool

40 km from home there is low cloud 60km and the road is damp but still dry under trees. Start the climb into the Baw Baw ranges and it turns to shit. Not rain but damp air and mist. The type that doesn’t blow off the visor. Mad I get to the first hairpin signed at 40kmh and there is mud and crap across the road from the trucks working the quarry 10k further on. Rolling Eyes

I made it to the Tyers lookout and turned around and rode the long way home on the flat and had a pie in Maffra. Wink

So you lot are lucky you're not bored with photos and video today from the ride but you're luck will run out soon I hope. I was looking forward to riding the torque curve again in 3rd and 4th gear. cheers

Despite the weather I'm "liking" the Bandit again and need to ride it as intended more often. bom

Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

You People Are Lucky! Empty Re: You People Are Lucky!

Post  gus Tue 01 Mar 2011, 10:55 am

Well make sure you get back soon.I love Walhalla , when i lived at The Island it was on of my favourite rides along with the Prom. area.
Been a long time though ,they had just opened steam train rides.It went 100 metres around a courner then back again, 5mins max .
Great ride there but i also can remember having to turn around because the weather turned bad.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 01 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

gus wrote:Well make sure you get back soon.I love Walhalla , when i lived at The Island it was on of my favourite rides along with the Prom. area.
Been a long time though ,they had just opened steam train rides.It went 100 metres around a courner then back again, 5mins max .
Great ride there but i also can remember having to turn around because the weather turned bad.

The train goes a bit longer than that now Gus Walhalla Rail I'll give it another shot this weekend if I can.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down