Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$25 Gel Seat

5 posters

Go down

seat - $25 Gel Seat Empty $25 Gel Seat

Post  1952 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:11 pm

Not satisfied with the standard Suzuki Bandit seat?
You can buy an "Airhawk 2" for less than $200 .. BUT how would you like a gel seat for $25! OR a combination Airhawk/Gel Seat?!!
Well I wanted to improve on the improvement provided by the Airhawk I purchased, but could not afford an imported Gel Seat so I had a think ........ a long think ....... and as is usually the case, at 2 am one night I woke with a solution!

I actually had already spent the money .. but I no longer needed the purchase for its' original use.

The solution:

seat - $25 Gel Seat Th_GelSeat3 Click to enlarge.

I then inserted them thus:

seat - $25 Gel Seat Th_GelSeat2 Click to enlarge

and ended up with a reversible Airhawk/Gel seat:

seat - $25 Gel Seat Th_GelSeat1 Click to enlarge

I can alter the placement within the Airhawk cover because the inserts do not slip around at all, or I can remove them entirely, or I can remove the Airhawk and use them directly on the standard seat - they are quite 'grippy' - although you need to be a little careful getting on the bike initially and they would be best removed when you reach your destination to prevent other wildly jealous bikers from pinching them - not that I think any biker would stoop so low.

I got these 'Lightfeet' brand inserts in a Melbourne sports footwear store originally, (and they worked well in that pair of runners once I removed the original liner.)

How much do they improve comfort? Not 100 percent; not 200 percent .. but more like 5 - 10 percent!

Still, I haven't removed them so I must be getting some endorsement from my sensitive botty [excuse uncouth language! Evil or Very Mad ]

Perhaps it will encourage greater minds than mine to think up an even better inexpensive alternative.

Back to top Go down

seat - $25 Gel Seat Empty Re: $25 Gel Seat

Post  Saikhan Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:20 pm

You need to buy a KLR. Very Happy
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossil Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:24 pm

I like your thinking - good for soles and r-soles.

Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 01 Mar 2011, 11:05 am

Now that was not what i was expecting .I do love mods that cost bugger all.Probably why i'm not a fan of those wild dune up
chopper things .Have you seen the price they ask . affraid Anyone can buy something "special "the hard part is keeping it
looking good and actually ride it ,not truck it there on a trailer. No
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 01 Mar 2011, 8:58 pm

Maybe my arse is getting use to the Bandit but coming back from Phillip Is on the weekend I did around 710 kms on Monday with just the lambswool (ie no airhawk). Got a few twinges but certainly more tolerable than my mate on the Triumph 955 Sprint (2003 model). I felt I could have done another 150+ kms without worrying about Tyranosaurarse! Wink
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down