Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Responsible Promoting

5 posters

Go down

Responsible Promoting Empty Responsible Promoting

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 21 Feb 2011, 12:08 pm

There is a thread running on an "Action Cam" page on facebook where a manufacturer has posted a video supplied to them of one of their cameras in use and the video is of a dude pulling wheelies and generally causing mayhem in traffic and the inference is "aren't our cameras good"?

A couple of posters have got up the manufacturer for endorsing such behaviour and their defence is, they don’t know where the video was shot and the activities may not be illegal locally.
From what I've seen its clearly in the US or at least Mexico and that’s a piss week defence in my book.

Some of us have posted on YouTube and other sites and some of the video is not strictly legal but I would never expect a manufacturer to use mine in a promotional sense.

Should they be more responsible?

On a side note the dude is only wearing a t-shirt and several times he crosses the center line into oncoming traffic raising questions about his ability as a rider.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Responsible Promoting Empty Re: Responsible Promoting

Post  b12mick Mon 21 Feb 2011, 2:09 pm

That's actually a hard one.

Part of me says they should be taken to task over it because it's irresponsible to promote potentially illegal activities. Another part of me says for fucks sake, we are all adults and can make up our own mind, as if NOT showing it is going to stop people from doing it.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  thommo Mon 21 Feb 2011, 6:59 pm

yawn

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
thommo
thommo

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:07 pm

Its getting harder to get a licence and harder to hang onto it .Things like that are not going to make it any easier .I love watching a good
wheelie because mine are crap ,but posting it up just makes no sense to me.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thof Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:08 pm

IMO reduced responsibilty has occured by all and sundry for the past 20+ years to get a sale. Many vehicles (2 and 4 wheel) types have examples, sex sells, buy now interest free, go go harvey. Sheeeit, I guess we as the average punter go for all this stuff. Me? I'm happy to keep my acts of stupidity to myself rather than open my mouth to confrim for others...
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum