Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian

2 posters

Go down

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Empty Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian

Post  Chook Sat 02 Feb 2019, 5:42 pm

Yesterday paul and his son Brian met up with me here about 9:30 and we headed off for a bit of a day ride. paul and I on our Bandits, Brian (a former Bandit owner) on his Hyabusa

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian IMG-20190201-093619

First few km was through the suburbs but soon we were heading up into the hills along Greenhill Rd

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Home-to-lobethal

It was nice to see some twisties for the 1st time since Tasmania in December, a nice ride through the hills and 1st stop, 40km from home at the Amberlight motorcycle Cafe in Lobethal, there was already plenty of bikes out front when we got there, a nice coffee and it was back on the bikes ......

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian IMG-20190201-165739

We headed out of Lobethal, onto Mount Torrens and then took Terlinga Rd which has a lot of nice sweepers to enjoy ....... usually  Mad

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Lobethal-to-Mannum

Coming out of town, 50 - 80 – 100, just starting to get into it a bit and 80 – 60 – 40 – 25 (yep, SA is the only state with 25kmh roadwork, school and emergency service vehicle zones), then back up to 80 for a bit, then 60 – 40 -25, back to 100 for a couple of km and 80 – 60 – 40 -25 again. Twice more we were treated to the same shite. Finally we got out of the roadworks and on to the main road to Mannum where there a few nice twisties heading along the back edge of the hills, and yep, all of a sudden 80 – 60 – 40 – 25 – Stop, we had to wait a couple of minutes for the lollypop dude to stop talking to one of the truck drivers so we could get going again.

We stopped at a lookout just before Palmer, this shot really doesn’t do justice to the drop from where we were to the Murray Valley and the Mighty Murray River.

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian IMG-20190201-115957573

We got into Mannum, parked up near the ferry crossing and took a bit of a break. We then headed to the local Community Club for lunch.

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian IMG-20190201-170012

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian IMG-20190201-122347756

After Lunch we headed across some pretty boring flat roads to get to one of my favourites on the Eastern side of the hills, the Angas Valley Road, there are some really nice tighter corners heading up the Valley to the Eastern edge of the hills, then some really good sweepers with some tighter corners thrown in every now and then across the top to Mt Pleasant.

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Mannum-to-Mt-Pleasant

From there we headed across to Kersbrook

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Mount-Pleasant-to-Kersbrook

I should have turned left and not gone into the town but went right instead, then left in town past Humbug Scrub and headed towards One Tree Hill.

Before hitting suburbia I turned and followed the edge of of the hills towards Tea Tree Gully, I cut across the edge of the suburbs and decided to head back into the hills and ride towards Norton Summit, I got into Houghton and was unsure which way to take so I set the GPS

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Kersbrook-to-Houghton

The GPS took me out onto the main road which surprised me a bit and then soon after turned off in what seemed like the right direction, along the back of Highercombe golf course, I wasn’t too sure about that and next thing you know, we are at a T junction we passed before Houghton and it’s telling us to go back that way again

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Houghton-to-Houghton

It should have taken us something like this,

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Houghton-to-Norton-Summit
...... next hills ride paul, we’ll do this and a heap of other twisties near it

By that time it was starting to get late and we were getting hot so we headed straight for home, I headed straight for the city, paul and Brian turned off at Portrush Rd and headed South to home
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian Empty Re: Mannum Ride, Chook, paul and Brian

Post  paul Sat 02 Feb 2019, 6:26 pm

Top day & report Chook .................after we left you , I think half of Adelaide decided to take the same way home as me.......... which ever way we tried to avoid them LOL .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down