Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna

2 posters

Go down

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna Empty Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna

Post  Chook Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm

madmax is travelling to Perth from Melbourne, this was his 2nd day and my day the day before that
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna Empty Re: Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna

Post  Chook Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm

Last Wednesday (13th) I left home at about 10:00 am in well over 30 deg heat to ride down to Naracoorte to meet madmax and his side kick for the 1st leg, spanna

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 2itt1me

Riding through the city was bloody hot, humid and uncomfortable, 25 minutes later and I was heading up the SE Freeway, when I passed through the Heyson Tunnels it was still warm but a lot more comfortable than the city side, that comfort lasted about 20km then it just got hotter and hotter

I normally wait until close to Coonalpyn to take a break but stopped in Tailem Bend to cool down, re hydrate and have a early lunch after about 1 hr 20

Next stop,Coonalpyn just over 1/2 hr up the road, more water and take the jacket off for a while

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 1zz3sqr

On to Keith for another water stop plus a refuel, then onto visit a crook relative in Bordertown, Tailem Bend to Bordertown had all been 40+, it was 42 when I rolled into Bordertown, after about 1/2 when I walked outside it had cooled to mid-high 30s, hot but bearable, a ride that should have taken nearly a hour seemed to happen a bit quicker  than that  Wink , pulled up outside the Bushamns Arms to find madmax ans spanna had arrived about 10 minutes earlier.

Top little pub, good meals, friendly staff, clean room, worst bed I've ever had in a $60 room (and I chose the better one, only sagged 8-10"), ordinary shower and a AC that nearly got the room cool by 6:00 the next morning

Early start and breakfast at the local Bakery on Thursday morning

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 2rwvwuu

Said goodbye to spanna as he headed back East, then on the bikes and a very chilly ride to Kingston for the 1st stop

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 35hr57a

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna Acbluw

A ride along the Coorong with a quick stop off at The Granites, fuel at Meningie then onto Wellington to meet up with paul and cross the Murray by Ferry

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna Vq2qo0

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 2lms8wj

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 33o3blc

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 211t4bp

We arrived at the ferry a bit later than expected, paul was sitting on the side of the road waiting. After hello's we were crossing the Murray just above where it enters the Lower Lakes then a pleasant ride into Strathalbyn

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 154j1qx

We left Strath heading for Goolwa and Victor Harbor via some twistie stuff around Paris Creek, that's where disaster nearly struck.............
paul had taken the lead, luckily we werent going too hard, skippy ran at paul, paul braked and moved left, skippy turned back towards me (with mm following) as paul was nearly past (and bloody close), skip turned a right angles straight into the rear of paul's bike, I saw the back tyre lift off the ground, skippy cart wheeled then got back up and bounded off, we all pulled over to see a quite noticeable dent in paul's muffler

Thankfull and back on the road to Victor Harbor for Fish and Chip lunch

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna Wi3n2h

Back on the bikes and through the Inman Valley Rd to Yankallila, then Normanville, Carakalinga and over the Myponga Reservoir wall to the lookout

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna F0vxgj

Back on the road again, saying goodbye to paul, as he headed off on the Southern expressway, we headed off back up into the hills via a wrong turn and a bit of dirt at Onkapariga Hills, then to Coromandel Valley, Blackwood, Belair, Windy Point lookout 

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 2ryg4dz

then onto home
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna Empty Re: Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna

Post  paul Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:47 pm

Adelaide - Naracoorte and return, welcome to SA madmax & spanna 959052286 Top report Chook

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down