Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trivia .....

+49
Truck bandit
Bosco15
MattyC
Cal
kewwig
SuzySuzuki
Jimmy the Boy
ThatOtherGuy
mtbeerwah
gringo
truck
Dink.1170
BanditDave
reddog
grahame
madmax
NTBill
Kiwisteve
barry_mcki
Grover
Ross.
quizguy
lliquidlen
suzbandit
Baz
paul
sb1250
Bhoffo
Hammy
Mpottsy
Kaupy1962
Boatz
Fossil
Big Al
boomer
Saikhan
Mars
Reardo
2wheelsagain
rolls
Desert Bandito
grumpy60
whitey1
Ewok1958
b12mick
dhula
Re-Cycled
Four40
gus
53 posters

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

Go down

Trivia ..... - Page 30 Empty Trivia .....

Post  gus Mon 10 Jan 2011, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

What does everone think about a TRIVIA thread

Stuff that maybe of no use to most people but really handy to the others. Maybe a good DVD ,something they have made,seen ,heard of ,
cooked ,been too .Minor things that do not really warrant a post of there own.(like most of my stuff ,there beat you to it )
Like taking a tractor tyre up north to float your Bandit across a river to a football selection ,the taste of beer ,who's state is
better at Rugby League. Laughing (may be not that) .Something that may make someone else say ,"why didnt i think of that".

Good idea or just post it on "off topic discussions " or not post it at all? (feeling vulnerable now )

Last edited by gus on Thu 13 Jan 2011, 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Trivia ..... - Page 30 Empty Re: Trivia .....

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 22 Feb 2018, 9:03 am

Hey MTB, the head gasket has been leaking for some time now, I hope I have said the right thing - it is the top gasket, um OK I think it might be the valve cover gasket if there is one. Sorry.
Kays on the old tank is around the 103 000 KLMs range from memory. 
Cam chain was done a long time ago - the mechanic never said anything about that, but neither did I. 
It wont win any beauty prizes but she still makes me smile after I've taken it out for a quick squirt. 
I'm hoping to have it done by this Sat so I can join a few mates for a day ride down to Bowen - about 400 klm round trip. 
Fingers crossed . . .[/quote]

Hi Truck, ahh...valve cover. Yeah a bit of a difference there.
I was getting worried for you.
It's a shame you don't live closer, I'd give you a hand in doing most of the work.
Labour does cost !!!!

99 Gen 1. Impressed with.  (New)
03 Gen 2. Love hate relationship.  (15yrs)
07 DRZ 400e. Lot of fun with no power. 25 km/L  (4yrs)
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Trivia ..... - Page 30 Empty Tsv Future Sport Suzuki - recomended

Post  truck Sun 25 Feb 2018, 8:14 am

Thanks MTB. If you lived closer I would take you up on the offer.

Just got the tank back and cannot stop smiling. 
This bike scared me the first time the first day I bought it and it scared me the second time riding it home on Friday. It must have been wa-ay down on power before the service but now it just pulls and pulls and pulls. I am pretty certain I am not imagining it.

Went for a ride with 2 mates on their African Safari and BMW, while watching them do rooster tails on a dirt track I thought "never done a line lock before" so I tried it and can now tick that off my bucket list. 
Riding home in the rain, I thought "never broke traction before" so I tried it (in third), can now tick that off the bucket list too.

Love it!!

We went for this ride before we copped 250mm+ of rain. A very good day all round.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 24 Mar 2018, 8:40 am

I'm still saying the Ride and Event section ( the big section ) is a wast of space . Check out the dates on the last entries . One is 2015  Laughing  I rest my case .
Should be just Events . I do believe we have vehicles that can cross borders safely . 2015 ,still think that's funny  Razz
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 24 Mar 2018, 11:50 am

But then you would just have a big blank space on our home page where it was .................   Razz 

I suppose if ever those threads got busy , it saves fishing through loads of posts to find what you are after .

Some more trivia for you .....

Who is the only member of ZZ Top who doesn’t have a beard? (FRANK BEARD)
Who were the first television couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television? (FRED AND WILMA FLINTSTONE)
Who was the first Twitter user to reach 20 million followers? Her songs include The Edge of Glory, Judas, Born This Way, Bad Romance, and Poker Face? (LADY GAGA)
Trivia team name trivia. Here’s the team name: “Was anyone surprised about Jodi Foster. She starred in a movie called The Beaver.” Who was the lead actor in The Beaver? (MEL GIBSON)
Millicent Roberts is the middle and last name of what iconic children’s toy? (Barbie)
“All that money, and he’s still got hair like a fu***** dinner lady” is something said about Elton John by what former signer and author of the 1995 autobiography TAKE IT LIKE A MAN. (BOY GEORGE)
According to David Letterman, Sarah Palin experienced an awkward moment at a Yankees game when her 14-year-old daughter, Willow, was knocked up by what player? (Alex Rodriguez)
Both of these things come in a posh box: a Rolex and what British soccer star? (David Beckham)
What former American Basketball Association player, when told that his planes departure time was 8 a.m. but would land in St. Louis at 7:59am due to a time zone change said “I ain’t goin’ on no time machine” and rented a car instead? (MARVIN BARNES)
Based on a red carpet interview, of what Oscar-winning actor did Joan Rivers comment: “he makes Hitler look warm and funny”? The actor’s movies include Love Story, Eyes of Laura Mars, JFK, The Client, and The Fugitive . (TOMMY LEE JONES)
More trivia team name triva. Here’s the team name: Stuffing Torrey’s Holes Like Tiger. In what state is Torrey Pines located? (CALIFORNIA)
“His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork” is a quote from this famous actress, who had a notorious feud with Raquel Welch. (MAE WEST)
“He has Van Gogh’s ear for music” was a quote from this director, whose films include “Buddy Buddy”, “Fedora”, “The Front Page”, “The Fortune Cookie”, and “Irma la Douce”. (BILLY WILDER)
“They can’t play baseball. They don’t wear sweaters. They’re not good dancers. They don’t play drums. They are never seen drinking cappuccino in Italian restaurants with oriental women.” Who are they? (FISH HEADS)
More trivia team name trivia. Here’ the team name: “Lance Armstrong finally had the ball to come clean.” Armstrong was the second man to “win” the Tour five times in a row, so who was the only man to win the Tour five times in a row? (MIGUEL INDURAIN)
“Germans are flummoxed by humor, the Swiss have no concept of fun, the Spanish think there is nothing at all ridiculous about eating dinner at midnight, and the Italians should never, ever have been let in on the invention of the motor car” is a quote by what writer, author of “A Short History of Nearly Everything” and “A Walk in the Woods”. (BILL BRYSON)
What singer/actor gave Marilyn Monroe a white poodle named Mafia? (FRANK SINATRA)
Who wrote Barry Manilow’s chart-topping hit “I Write the Songs?” (BRUCE JOHNSTON)
“The Sad But True Story of Ray Mingus, The Lumberjack of Bulk Rock City, And His Never Slacking Stribe in Exploiting The So Far Undiscovered Areas of the Intention to Bodily Intercourse From the Opposite Species of his Kind During Intake of all the Mental Condition That Could Be Derived From Fermantation” is the longest song title ever at 305 characters by what group? (REDNEX)
“I cut down trees. I eat my lunch. I go to the lavatory. On Wednesdays I go shopping and buttered scones for tea.” Who am I? (A LUMBERJACK)
He had a reaction to the aluminum powder in his make-up and had to abandon his acting role to go to the hospital. Name this actor, the original Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz (BUDDY EBSEN)
1997’s “Perdita Durango”, directed by Alex de la Iglesia and starring Rosie Perez as the titular anti-heroine is the only sequel to any of David Lynch’s movie. Name it. (WILD AT HEART)
Hoyt Axton, who plays inventor Rand Peltzer in “Gremlins” was a renowned singer/songwriter. His most famous song, “The Pusher” was covered by Steppenwolf and used in the soundtrack to what iconic Peter Fonda film? (EASY RIDER)
“A Bug’s Life,” “Battle Beyond the Stars,” and “The Magnificent Seven” all owe a debt of gratitude to what Akira Kurosawa film? (THE SEVEN SAMURAI)
More trivia team name trivia. Here’s the team name: “Bruce Willis is a ghost and Batman dies at the end also Gwyneth Paltrow’s head is in the box.” Name the three films. (THE SIXTH SENSE, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, SEVEN)
Nora Ephron was married to Nicholas Pileggi and used Henry Hill’s experiences in witness protection from Goodfellas for which of her films, starring Steve Martin? (MY BLUE HEAVEN)
What Alfred Hitchcock film features a flushing toilet for the first time? (PSYCHO)
The rock band Seven Mary Three formed in 1992 when Jason Ross and Jason Pollock met while attending The College of William and Mary. The band took its name from the radio call sign that the character Jon Baker used in what show? (CHIPS)
Identify the artist or song from the misheard lyric: “Got my first real sex dream. I was five at the time. Played it till my fingers bled. It was the summer of 69.” (BRYAN ADAMS, SUMMER OF 69)
“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it” is a quote from what American humorist and author. (MARK TWAIN)
“Music journalists like Elvis Costello because music journalists look like Elvis Costello.” Was a quote from this musician whose solo albums include Skyscraper, A Little Ain’t Enough, and Diamond Dave. He was also the lead singer of a band, but was replaced by Sammy Hagar. (DAVID LEE ROTH)
“My pony plays the mamba” is the misheard lyric from this song. The real lyric is “Marconi plays the mamba.” Name the song or group. (STARSHIP, WE BUILT THIS CITY)
He was allergic to carrots. He was a famous voice artist. He voiced a famous cartoon character. The cartoon character was a rabbit. Who was he? (MEL BLANC)
Billie Holiday was the babysitter for what future Oscar host? (BILLY CRYSTAL)

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 24 Mar 2018, 7:32 pm

Both of these things come in a posh box: a Rolex and what British soccer star? (David Beckham)
Laughing lol!  Laughing lol!  Laughing

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 01 Apr 2018, 9:01 pm

Anyone notice the Trump V Storm affair got knocked of the front page by a cricket scandal . Brilliant move Donald .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 02 Apr 2018, 10:17 am

gus wrote:Anyone notice the Trump V Storm affair got knocked of the front page by a cricket scandal . Brilliant move Donald .
Watch out or he will sack you for something too Gus .................. Razz
( or maybe it was just an alternative truth  Laughing )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Thu 10 May 2018, 11:10 pm

Just now literally ordered a Delkevic exhaust from USA via ebay. $230 delivered.
My OEM exhaust rusted the end cap off, was rusting internally from what I can see and it was starting to sound like a tank, kind of funny cause I call it a tank.
Bit excited as I don't buy from ebay normally. . . had to get a younger family member to help me.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 25 May 2018, 6:11 pm

The eggplant did it .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 25 May 2018, 8:42 pm

gus wrote:The eggplant did it .

Trivia ..... - Page 30 Emoji_10

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 25 May 2018, 10:14 pm

gus wrote:The eggplant did it .
Um the eggplant, in the library, with a screwdriver?

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Trivia ..... - Page 30 Empty Have you guys seen this?

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 16 Jun 2018, 6:45 pm

I've come across this, available as an App for iphone and android as well as web-based.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What3words

You can specify a 3metre square anywhere in the world with 3 words, unambiguous and easier than coordinates.

I can see it being useful to specify the meeting point for a ride or if you need help, a location on a long road in the middle of nowhere.

As and example we start a lot of rides at espresso.corrupts.celery ! Smile

https://map.what3words.com/espresso.corrupts.celery

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 17 Jun 2018, 9:27 pm

works well  Trivia ..... - Page 30 959052286

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 05 Jul 2018, 9:04 pm

Your kidding ,surely . Gumtree $15000
Trivia ..... - Page 30 $_20
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 05 Jul 2018, 9:09 pm

Then again ,$5000 
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 05 Jul 2018, 9:49 pm

gus wrote:Your kidding ,surely . Gumtree $15000

https://youtu.be/KIpOhz0uGRM  

This lad will fix it

mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 06 Jul 2018, 8:52 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:
gus wrote:Your kidding ,surely . Gumtree $15000

This lad will fix it
Not many tradesmen left able to do that type of work .

Most of that surface rust on those cars would just buff right out I recon ............ Shocked  Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 08 Jul 2018, 6:36 am

This lad will fix it[/quote]
Not many tradesmen left able to do that type of work .

Most of that surface rust on those cars would just buff right out I recon ............ Shocked  Razz[/quote]

Yeah your right there Paul.
In theory, this is all part of my first trade:
. "Coach snd Motor Body Builder" but never had the opportunity to get this experience. Almost did, but other work came up and partial career change happened. My brother has the same trade, and had dabbled a bit in it on a professional level. He's in the process of a full restoration on his 1957 VW Beetle. He's got it on a spit for rotation. How good are they.....access to ever part of the car.

mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sat 01 Sep 2018, 5:32 am

Well, thats winter done for another season.   sunny sunny sunny
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 01 Sep 2018, 10:39 am

truck wrote:Well, thats winter done for another season.   sunny sunny sunny
Now we just need someone to tell the weather  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Trivia ..... - Page 30 Empty A Recycled Adventure

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 06 Nov 2018, 10:21 pm

For those that don't have facebook or just missed it, I recently got back from a trip. On 4 wheels, 6 if you count the camper.
Anyway I though some would be interested, I caught up with a few of our long-standing members, sorry if I slipped past some this time around.

Here is a rough map as I ran out of way-points, the final tally for the 5 weeks was 10400 km with side trips and some more touristy routes. Smile

https://goo.gl/maps/nowobAjDPVq

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 06 Nov 2018, 10:34 pm

Huge trip Re-Cycled .................now back to reality eh , LOL .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 06 Nov 2018, 10:48 pm

What did you think of the "Rock" ???
It's big lump, isn't it !!!

mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Tue 06 Nov 2018, 11:32 pm

Good trip outback - How was the Isa? (my old stomping ground Smile )
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 07 Nov 2018, 6:21 am

paul wrote:Huge trip Re-Cycled .................now back to reality eh , LOL .
Still got some holidays left before I have to work. Very Happy
mtbeerwah wrote:What did you think of the "Rock" ???
It's big lump, isn't it !!!
Rock is great, sharing it with the all the other Tourists not so much. The Olgas are just as nice.
truck wrote:Good trip outback - How was the Isa? (my old stomping ground Smile )
I previously visited the Isa in 1980 not too much had changed. It might have been interesting to go to Julius Dam and see if there is more there now than a lake and a caretaker probably not, as it is a bit far from town. Every where was hot as they had a burst of early Summer.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum