Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motodry Ultravent Jacket

+3
Philmore
2wheelsagain
Slorider
7 posters

Go down

Motodry Ultravent Jacket Empty Motodry Ultravent Jacket

Post  Chook Sat 19 Jan 2019, 4:36 pm

After a lifetime of wearing jackets with removable lines but still having a waterproof membrane I finally succumbed to the heat around Xmas time and decided it was time for a dedicated summer jacket.

Just after New Year I went shopping, I checked out a heap of jackets but kept coming back to the Motodry Ultravent which was (is?) on sale for $179.99, down from a RRP of $200 and in 2 shops I went to, ticket price of $220.

It is a textile jacket with a full mesh liner, the outside has back, elbow and shoulder armour, a large part of the back and all of the outside of the arms is Cordura, the inside of the arms is mesh, as is most of the front and at least 1/3 of the

All of the shops I tried only stocked up to one size too small, it fitted, it was ok except for if I hunched, it was tight across the shoulders, no one in Adelaide stocked my size so I went home and checked the net, good old eBay, a bike wrecker in Queensland had one in my size, new with tags, delivered for $149, I couldn't click on the purchase tab quick enough.

3 days later it was at my door as described but in a Pickles Auction bag instead of the original, at least I now knew why it was so cheap.

I rode with it in close to 40 deg heat last week and it's made a massive difference to how hot I get (or don't get), it makes the unbearable bearable and the uncomfortable days have become comfortable.

After a stretch of stinking heat today has been considerably milder, I left for work at 6am with just a T Shirt under the jacket, it was just under 15 degrees and I froze, lesson learned, my Aldi marino mid layer will have to partner this jacket on the cooler mornings

It has a lot of pockets and the quality of finish and stitching etc is very good.

I've been a Dririder fan for about 3 decades, I must say I think the quality of the Motodry is far superior to my current Dririder

http://www.motonational.com.au/clothing/6195/2401/summer-jackets/ultravent-gray-black-detail
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Motodry Ultravent Jacket Empty Re: Motodry Ultravent Jacket

Post  Slorider Sat 19 Jan 2019, 7:23 pm

Nice jacket! It's amazing the difference a fully vented jacket can make. I have an old mesh Dririder, and it flows significantly more air than my current main jacket.
Apparently on longer rides in really hot weather it's better to wear a jacket with less venting with a wet long sleeve t-shirt underneath. Too much venting and the shirt dries too quickly, but with less venting it stays cool longer. Worked for me once across the Hay Plain on a hot day.
Slorider
Slorider

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:00 pm

That’s the sort of jacket I’ll buy with my new lid quite soon. Probably at the end of summer knowing my luck Rolling Eyes

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 20 Jan 2019, 4:38 pm

Slorider wrote:Nice jacket! It's amazing the difference a fully vented jacket can make. I have an old mesh Dririder, and it flows significantly more air than my current main jacket.
Apparently on longer rides in really hot weather it's better to wear a jacket with less venting with a wet long sleeve t-shirt underneath. Too much venting and the shirt dries too quickly, but with less venting it stays cool longer. Worked for me once across the Hay Plain on a hot day.
I've been trying to figure out a misting system for just that reason Wink
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Motodry Ultravent Jacket Empty Motodry jacket

Post  Philmore Wed 17 Nov 2021, 6:01 pm

Yep i just got one as well after having an Alpine stars mesh jacket for years which is also great yea when you have cooler mornings and a hot day you just have to suck it it up i rode through the snowy mountains with a summer jacket because the rest of the time it was 37 and it was like someone opened the fridge door .The only thing i did to both jackets was remove the back protector because it was annoying and uncomfortable 

Cheers Phil

Philmore

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Thu 18 Nov 2021, 9:57 pm

Old RJays jacket with zip out liner, back & elbow gear, hard plastic bit on shoulders, zips for ventilation across front & back of shoulders, chest, ribs, upper arms & forearms.
Might get a new one next year 🤔

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 26 Nov 2021, 2:22 pm

GSX1100G wrote:Old RJays jacket with zip out liner, back & elbow gear, hard plastic bit on shoulders,  zips for ventilation across front & back of shoulders, chest, ribs, upper arms & forearms.
Might get a new one next year  🤔

I did that for years, I can't believe I didn't get a dedicated summer jacket earlier, so much more comfortable
Chook
Chook

GSX1100G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Motodry Ultravent Jacket Empty SUmmer Jacket

Post  allambiejohn Mon 28 Mar 2022, 12:58 pm

I find the bigger issue is not hold then cold, but hot and dry then wet!  Going to work in Summer when the forecast is showers and the clouds are massing requires a decision to include the waterproof layer (and then overheat if it doesnt rain) or leave it off and get soaked to the skin if there is a rain shower.  Is there a product out there which offers a cool summer ride but also some protection should it rain?
allambiejohn
allambiejohn

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 29 Mar 2022, 1:06 am

Take the tunnel instead ?

Motodry Ultravent Jacket Istock10

Motodry Ultravent Jacket Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  allambiejohn Tue 29 Mar 2022, 12:14 pm

Here I am on my way to work - I work in the northern end of the CBD so the tunnel is no use to me!

Motodry Ultravent Jacket Screen10
allambiejohn
allambiejohn

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 29 Mar 2022, 11:55 pm

Ah I see the problem, it's in your first line:

"on my way to work"

Motodry Ultravent Jacket Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Wed 30 Mar 2022, 7:27 am

I spray my jacket & gloves with Scotchguard. It helps in light rain / drizzle etc, but of course, you need to close all the zips before heading off 🤔 🥵 🙄. I think getting caught out is just part of the motorcycling experience.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down