Best I say hello.

Go down

Best I say hello.

Post  jwm on Sat 19 May 2018, 6:09 pm

Mmm, so here I am. I must have been here before because I find that I am already registered on this site. I was probably lurking, seeking information on a Bandit or a GSX1250FA.

Never the less, here I am again, now an owner of a GSX1250FA that I bough up in Mudgee on Thursday and rode home yesterday, a 420km ride, not bad I thought after 2 1/2 years off a bike.

So where have I been since my days of lurking on this site. Well, I've been off bikes for about 2 1/2 years, I saw the light , sanity and common sense prevailed and I sold my last bike on New Years Eve 2015. Ok, I'm fibbing. I was actually having trouble with my hands, 2 Carpal Tunnel operations later, during which time (after a nerve conductivity test) they discovered I had a cyst on my spine which was aggravating my spinal cord. The spinal cord wasn't happy ( the Nerve conductivity Test showed that) and probably still isn't because the Neuro Surgeon won't do anything about it unless it's causing me issues, which it isn't. 

Anyway the name is John Murray, I'm 68 years old (last week actually) and I live at Callala Bay on the New South Wales South Coast. As a back ground, I have only been riding bikes since I was 44 years old, I've had a few bikes since then but since 2001 I have owned 4 FJR1300's (2 unfortunately written off, not at fault) and a Honda ST1300 (which I hated). I suspected that I joined this forum somewhere between the 2nd FJR being written off and selling the St1300, when I was looking for a a 'new'/'different' ride. I used to do a bit with FarRiders and I have done a 1600km Iron Butt Ride, but I was younger then.

My first impresions of the GSX1250FA are good, I find it an easy bike to ride and my trip home from Mudgee yesterday was very enjoyable. I think that I've worked most things out on the bike, except one thing, what is that white light underneath the dashboard that is shown as No.13 on the schematic?
Can't seem to find it anywhere in the owners manual.

Thanks guys, look forward to spending more time on the forum and learn more about the bandit/GSX1250FA.

jwm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best I say hello.

Post  paul on Sat 19 May 2018, 7:29 pm

Welcome back jwm good news you got your carpal tunnel sorted that can be a PITA.
I have the GSF , so no white light on mine , but page 2-14 in your manual mentions it .

This link might interest you .........

http://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t5308-i-saw-your-light-on

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 on Sat 19 May 2018, 8:54 pm

Welcome back John. You're only about 3 1/2 hrs up the coast so we have an opportunity to catch up at some point (probably in the Spring as we're off caravanning, as grey nomads are renowned for!)  cheers
Ewok1958

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook on Sun 20 May 2018, 9:31 am

Welcome John, you're also welcome to come riding with Paul and I, could take a bit longer than 3 1/2 hrs for the meet up though ................

Enjoy the forum
Chook

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  jwm on Sun 20 May 2018, 12:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome home guys and the invitations to go riding. I'm actually still recovering from the 6 hour ride home from Mudgee. Old age is a bitch,  I guess it took more of a toll on me than I thought.

Thanks Paul for the information about the mysterious light No.13. It's a pity the Owners Manual doesn't mention it by No. Thanks also for the link back to my original visit to the site, it was interesting revisiting those comments. As per my parting comments on that thread, at the end of the day the GSX is only 33kg lighter than an FJR but without doing a side by side comparison, my thoughts at this time are that it is a smaller bike overall. I guess I'll be able to make a more informed decision when I catch up with a mate and his FJR in the next couple of weeks.

Even before making this purchase, another FJR was a possibility. But at the end of the day I was going to pay as much, or more, for an older, high Km FJR as I did for a later model low km GSX1250FA.  To me it was a no brainer.

Ewok, enjoy the caravan trip, we are actually not long home from 10 weeks on the road. It was supposed to be a trip around the block but a couple of family issues meant we had to turn around and come home. Only got as far as the York Peninsular. Never mind, there will be another time. I will probably be in your part of the world in late October/ early November for the Hot Rod Run at the Eden Whale Festival.

Once again, thanks for the welcome.

jwm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steve61 on Sun 20 May 2018, 6:01 pm

Welcome , and if you haven't found it yet Suzuki Bandits Australia on Farcebook , and yes i know i spelled it incorrectly ,  is the good looking brother of this site , and is way way more talkative
steve61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jwm on Mon 21 May 2018, 5:41 pm

Thanks Steve61 but I don't do Facebook, actually don't do any of the social sites, I find them evil places. Funny thing, I've been playing with computers forever but I am becoming more and more disappointed and frustrated with what is happening in the internet these days. I actually think 'Google' is trying to take over my life at the moment. Mmm, maybe I need professional help. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

jwm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Mon 21 May 2018, 7:23 pm

@jwm wrote:Thanks Steve61 but I don't do Facebook, actually don't do any of the social sites, I find them evil places. Funny thing, I've been playing with computers forever but I am becoming more and more disappointed and frustrated with what is happening in the internet these days. I actually think 'Google' is trying to take over my life at the moment. Mmm, maybe I need professional help. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Someone like Microsoft perhaps  Razz

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Handy1250FA on Fri 25 May 2018, 7:44 am

JWM.....the white light on the GSX 1250fa is actually a shift light........but you'd have to be pushing super super hard to get that light to ever come on.
Handy1250FA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:28 pm

welcome back to the forum JWM

madmax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:29 pm

@Handy1250FA wrote:JWM.....the white light on the GSX 1250fa is actually a shift light........but you'd have to be pushing super super hard to get that light to ever come on.

The shift light is adjustable. I played around with it for awhile but then turned it off.........CBF

madmax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum