Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wash ya bike.

3 posters

Go down

wash ya bike. Empty wash ya bike.

Post  Laurence_p*wiz Tue 23 Jan 2018, 4:51 pm

Hey lads and ladettes, 

so 3 days before christmas i had a mishap at work and ended up hurting my back. continued working for 3 weeks (thankyou Morphine) and ended up back at the quack, turns out i fractured 2 vertebrae. good times, i got lucky.  Anyhow, for the past 2 weeks or there abouts i have been doing very little, doc's orders until today.  I decided i could continue moping around and being generally useless, or i could attempt to wash the bandit, which i did, will probably be in a world of pain tomorrow, but i needed to.

Moving on, sob story aside, i noticed early on that i had a silver metallic in the paint (black) and due to the fact i dont really ride it (on restrictions) i had a really close look at her today and also noticed that i there is a blue metallic in the paint also, and this includes the rims.  Question time for the gurus, is this a standard affair or something out of the box.  only other one i've seen has been black just plain old black.

Anyways, have a great day and enjoy the heat.  42C and loving it.

cheers

Laurence_p*wiz

Back to top Go down

wash ya bike. Empty Re: wash ya bike.

Post  paul Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:06 pm

Mine is a 2010 1250 model & has the blue in the paint also ( which really only shows up in the sun , otherwise it looks black)  , but my wheels are plain black.
I Just had a look back and I see yours is the pre update frame etc 2006 1200 ..............possibly they were using the same metallic black paint back then as now .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurence_p*wiz Wed 24 Jan 2018, 12:16 am

OK, well never mind, i went out and had a look with my glasses on and it turns out the rims are plain old black, forget how blind i am from time to time.   Crying or Very sad

Laurence_p*wiz

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:57 am

My 1990 VX800 had blue feck in the paint, so does my 2011 Bandit, yep, Suzuki has been running the same colour all those years, biggest difference, how much of it they put on your tank, I'm sure they used at least as twice as much on the smaller tank of the VX  Mad
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down