Back on the bike

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Back on the bike

Post  Lynchy on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 3:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,
New guy here from the ACT. (Shout out to Kerry for pointing me in this direction)

Been off the bike for about 6 years following the birth of my daughter and have just picked up a 2011 Bandit as  Christmas gift from my wife (lucky guy that I am).Previous bikes include; 1982 Z200, 1998 XJS600S Seca II,  GSXR 600 in 2008, and then a Shadow/Sabre 1100.

Had the Bandit for a bit over a week and so far am loving it, it just pulls and doesn't stop!

Thinking of picking up a Staintune slip on to bring back a bit of the noise. Was just wondering if it needs a re-map just for the slip on?

Cheers,
Lynchy

Lynchy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Back on the bike

Post  Lynchy on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 8:27 pm

Thanks everyone for the love. 

Spent a few hours with the autosol, dremel, WD 40, some bug and tar remover and a beer (or two). Pretty happy with how it turned out. Its not 100% with lots of stubborn tar, but overall looks 100% better. 

In all honestly I'd like to have the headers painted/powdercoated but all in good time eh? 

Last edited by Lynchy on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Lynchy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 8:54 pm

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  opa on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 10:01 am

Hey Lynchy, have to let you know about this, if you already don't.  My 1250S was a pain to ride at a constant throttle in top gear anywhere between say 60kph and 100kph, fine at any speed above that but, the jerkiness of the motor and the hesitation was a real problem, especially when trying to stick to speed limits.  Looking around the forums and searching for answers, to fix the problem I thought I was up for an expensive power commander or an ecu re-flash with air-box mods and an aftermarket muffler to boot.  Then I came across a post about the oxygen sensor and how it was the root of all these problems, bought an oxygen sensor eliminator off e/bay for a very reasonable price, fitted it yesterday, went for a ride and voila, like a different bike to ride.  All the snatch, the hunting and jerkiness at a constant throttle is gone, it runs as near to perfect at every speed as one could want.  Bargain!
opa

View user profile http://www.inner-voyage.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:40 pm

@opa wrote:Hey Lynchy, have to let you know about this, if you already don't.  My 1250S was a pain to ride at a constant throttle in top gear anywhere between say 60kph and 100kph, fine at any speed above that but, the jerkiness of the motor and the hesitation was a real problem, especially when trying to stick to speed limits.  Looking around the forums and searching for answers, to fix the problem I thought I was up for an expensive power commander or an ecu re-flash with air-box mods and an aftermarket muffler to boot.  Then I came across a post about the oxygen sensor and how it was the root of all these problems, bought an oxygen sensor eliminator off e/bay for a very reasonable price, fitted it yesterday, went for a ride and voila, like a different bike to ride.  All the snatch, the hunting and jerkiness at a constant throttle is gone, it runs as near to perfect at every speed as one could want.  Bargain!

Nice work opa. I also removed the O2 sensor when I replaced the headers. Please report back on how it has (or has not) affected your fuel economy - I'm anticipating your economy will take a small hit but I'd be interested in some real world data.
Ewok1958

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynchy on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 8:34 am

@opa wrote:Hey Lynchy, have to let you know about this, if you already don't.  My 1250S was a pain to ride at a constant throttle in top gear anywhere between say 60kph and 100kph, fine at any speed above that but, the jerkiness of the motor and the hesitation was a real problem, especially when trying to stick to speed limits.  Looking around the forums and searching for answers, to fix the problem I thought I was up for an expensive power commander or an ecu re-flash with air-box mods and an aftermarket muffler to boot.  Then I came across a post about the oxygen sensor and how it was the root of all these problems, bought an oxygen sensor eliminator off e/bay for a very reasonable price, fitted it yesterday, went for a ride and voila, like a different bike to ride.  All the snatch, the hunting and jerkiness at a constant throttle is gone, it runs as near to perfect at every speed as one could want.  Bargain!

Cheers for the info. 

Mine Bandit doesn't seem to have any issues in that respect? It holds 100 fine (well other than it egging me on to wind it up further  Very Happy). I feel that I do get a bit of jerkiness really low down in the revs like 2.5k, which is noticeable at low speeds. It seems that the throttle is either on or off if that makes sense. 

I will ask them to do the TPS? calibration at the next service and see if that rectifies the issue.

Lynchy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 9:22 am

Get the throttle bodies synchronised as well. You can do this yourself with a cheap carb tune and paper clip to put the bike in dealer mode
reddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynchy on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:40 am

@reddog wrote:Get the throttle bodies synchronised as well. You can do this yourself with a cheap carb tune and paper clip to put the bike in dealer mode

Will do. Thanks.

Hopefully all of that makes an improvement, although its not a massive issue in all honesty.

Lynchy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  opa on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 11:18 am

@Lynchy wrote:

Cheers for the info. 

Mine Bandit doesn't seem to have any issues in that respect? It holds 100 fine (well other than it egging me on to wind it up further  Very Happy). I feel that I do get a bit of jerkiness really low down in the revs like 2.5k, which is noticeable at low speeds. It seems that the throttle is either on or off if that makes sense. 

I will ask them to do the TPS? calibration at the next service and see if that rectifies the issue.
Yeah, most of the issues I encountered were below 100k in the 2.5k range also.  Perhaps your aftermarket exhaust makes some difference and yes it does seem like "the throttle is either on or off."
opa

Back to top Go down

Post  opa on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 11:22 am

@Ewok1958 wrote:

Nice work opa. I also removed the O2 sensor when I replaced the headers. Please report back on how it has (or has not) affected your fuel economy - I'm anticipating your economy will take a small hit but I'd be interested in some real world data.
Thanks ewok, I will keep an eye on the economy however, the difference is so great it is now a pleasure to cruise along at low speeds.  Before I was dropping gears to get into a higher rev range in order to smooth it out if I had to ride between 60 and 90 kph for any length of time.  I am guessing that increased fuel consumption, maybe now it is running smooth at those speeds in top gear it will even the fuel consumption out?
opa

Back to top Go down

Post  wavemotto on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 12:57 pm

That looks impressive!

wavemotto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content