Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13th/14th December, madmax riding into Adelaide

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

13th/14th December, madmax riding into Adelaide - Page 2 Empty 13th/14th December, madmax riding into Adelaide

Post  Chook Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Bryan is leaving Melbourne on on Wednesday 13th in, I'm meeting him in Naracoorte that afternoon. (anyone else that wants to tag along, we've booked into the Bushman Hotel, $60 pn, bikes locked in Grog shed)

Thursday we will be heading in to Adelaide Via the Coorong and Fleurieu Peninsula, pretty sure paul will meet us at either Wellington or Strath, if anyone else wants to welcome him to some good riding roads, keep an eye out here for ETA

the ride in will be something like this

https://goo.gl/maps/qAyKSoZsFhD2

Last edited by Chook on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

13th/14th December, madmax riding into Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: 13th/14th December, madmax riding into Adelaide

Post  Chook Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:51 pm

I'll put a proper ride report up when we get back from Penong

In brief, stinking hot 40 degree ride Adelaide - Bordertown - Naracoorte on Wednesday, great to catch up with madmax and spanna for a few beers and a yarn

spanna left to head back East and we headed West about 7:00 after a great breakfast at the local bakery, fuel stop at Kingston SE, again at Meningie, met up with paul at Wellington.

Onto Strathalbyn, then Goolwa via Paris Creek where we were close to disaster, paul had taken the lead, luckily we werent going too hard, skippy ran at paul, paul braked and moved left, skippy turned back towards me (with mm following) as paul was nearly past (and bloody close), skip turned a right angles straight into the rear of paul's bike, I saw the back tyre lift off the ground, skippy cart wheeled then got back up and bounded off, we all pulled over to see a quite noticeable dent in paul's muffler

Thankfull and back on the road to Victor Harbor, Inman Valley, Carikalinga, Corramandel Valley, Windy Point lookout and onto home

Tomorrow paul is joining us for a few hours at the start, my daughter Kaylah is riding pillion with us onto Pt Augusta via Barrossa and Clare Valleys and a zig zag up the Flinders Ranges, Sunday we'll be meeting Davo1063 in Whyalla for the rest of the trip
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

13th/14th December, madmax riding into Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: 13th/14th December, madmax riding into Adelaide

Post  paul Sat 16 Dec 2017, 3:45 pm

It was great to catch up with Chook & MM again on Thursday and also with Dancing Pillion today ............it's been a long time between drinks  .(How come I'm the only one that looks any older ?  Wink )    I thought I was a goner when that Kangaroo hit me & slid the back of the bike across the road , it looked like it was going to sit up on my lap for a while there ( I didn't realize I was so attractive to the roo world  Razz  ) . I think the fact I was trying to out accelerate it by that stage that the bike straightened itself out again & stopped me having to have a little lie down .................Wonder if I should try my luck at a lottery ticket next Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 16 Dec 2017, 5:13 pm

paul wrote:It was great to catch up with Chook & MM again on Thursday and also with Dancing Pillion today ............it's been a long time between drinks  .(How come I'm the only one that looks any older ?  Wink )    I thought I was a goner when that Kangaroo hit me & slid the back of the bike across the road , it looked like it was going to sit up on my lap for a while there ( I didn't realize I was so attractive to the roo world  Razz  ) . I think the fact I was trying to out accelerate it by that stage that the bike straightened itself out again & stopped me having to have a little lie down .................Wonder if I should try my luck at a lottery ticket next Laughing
So it was you who was hit Paul. Ian didn't make it clear who on facebook.
I've had a roo hit me on the rear wheel, gets the heart pumping thats for sure.
Glad your ok. Cool

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 16 Dec 2017, 5:25 pm

Baz wrote:
paul wrote:It was great to catch up with Chook & MM again on Thursday and also with Dancing Pillion today ............it's been a long time between drinks  .(How come I'm the only one that looks any older ?  Wink )    I thought I was a goner when that Kangaroo hit me & slid the back of the bike across the road , it looked like it was going to sit up on my lap for a while there ( I didn't realize I was so attractive to the roo world  Razz  ) . I think the fact I was trying to out accelerate it by that stage that the bike straightened itself out again & stopped me having to have a little lie down .................Wonder if I should try my luck at a lottery ticket next Laughing
So it was you who was hit Paul. Ian didn't make it clear who on facebook.
I've had a roo hit me on the rear wheel, gets the heart pumping thats for sure.
Glad your ok. Cool

13th/14th December, madmax riding into Adelaide - Page 2 959052286 .....................All good Baz. They certainly do carry some power behind them.
 Some more roos had come to see us off at the whispering wall today , but they kept their distance luckily .............they probably weren't keen to learn some acrobatics   Laughing

Last edited by paul on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 16 Dec 2017, 7:27 pm

Sounds like you guys had a nice ride other than the roo incident. Keep the posts and photos coming
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2