Pleboscite - Keep this respectful

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pleboscite - Keep this respectful

Post  truck on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Gday Bandit Bretheren and Sisterens,
I'm old school Christian and am encouraging a no vote. I believe marriage should be exclusively between a man and a woman.
I've heard the argument - it is none of my business what others do so long as no one is getting hurt by it, unfortunately I think people will get hurt by it in the future by simply disagreeing, people will be labelled homophobic/hater/bigoted etc. I don't hate any one.
My children / grand children will be taught in school this is normal behaviour and should be tried - it isn't, it's a choice.
I think the future for persons with my POV is grim. I know people who have been hauled over the coals for disagreeing with the yes vote. sadly I know of homosexuals who have also been hauled over the coals or worse.

I think if we had a vote on aboriginal rights back in the 70s we should be able to vote on this.

Sadly the old adage' the squeaky wheel gets the most oil" rings true and the SSM advocates are winning this.

Regards,

truck
truck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pleboscite - Keep this respectful

Post  Chook on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 6:14 pm

Great post 2wa

My daughter has male and female friends that are openly gay and have been since their mid teens

One of my son's closest "mates" is a gay young lady that he has known since he started high school, she's also his most loyal friend

All of the above are wonderful people that contribute positively towards the community

None of them would ever consider trying to convert anyone else to homosexuality, it's a pity other groups within the community didn't pay the average Joe the same level of respect
Chook

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 7:28 pm

We all bleed the same as far as I'm aware. 

I've got an old childhood friend that's gay. I've known him since he was three. He's a very honest person,  with a heart of gold. He used to be my neighbor when we were kids, at the first memories of life. I still keep in contact with him. He just turned 50.

But...he is married. Lives in the UK now with his partner.
I'm happy for him.

07 DRZ 400e. Lot of fun with no power. 25 km/L
mtbeerwah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truck on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:43 pm

2WA - I think members of this site are pretty respectful in the most part (I've only ever hidden one members posts as I was not in agreeance with the content of the bulk of his posts) and can discuss subjects without fear of retribution so no problem here.
I've got a few homosexual orientated cousins and have a few friends that way inclined. Some know I am a Christian and therefore my point of view.
Jesus loves all, he may not agree with their beliefs but he still loves all, I mean he died for us all didn't he?
Hiding behind the veil of Christianity (as per your comment) to sprout crap is not on, and I'm saddened too to see this. I don't get it right every time either but I try and be as respectful and truthful as I can.

As I said earlier this will be the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure most of you blokes will have seen comments like:
If love is love why cant I marry my sister/ brother/mother/ father /dog etc.
If love is Love why can't I have 3 wives?
Where will churches who stand against homosexuality end up if they refuse to go against their core belief and not marry a LGBT person?

I'm glad we stopped stoning sinners, or I'd have been the first one stoned < I know one of you blokes will put a smart comment here.
I'll be voting No because I can see the slippery slope we are on.
It sounds stupid now but  . . .
As always, apologies for the long winded response, hope it makes sense.
truck
truck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 1:08 pm

@truck wrote:
If love is Love why can't I have 3 wives?

WTF?? 3 women that wont root me and triple the bills. No thanks.
rolls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain on Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:15 pm

@truck wrote:
As always, apologies for the long winded response, hope it makes sense.
truck

All good mate

The old coot who claims to be a Christian is at it again in todays local.
He's basically saying that if a man and woman marry but cant or don't produce children they're not married and by default M + M or W + W cant produce biological children and shouldn't be granted the right to marry. I shit you not scratch  Its toned down from last week but he's had a crack at childless unions, adoptee's and single parent families (I was a single parent and my daughter is now working as a bio scientist) so I must have done something right.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
2wheelsagain
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Pleboscite- keep this respectful

Post  talon440 on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 9:28 am

didn't really want to add to this because everyone has their own opinions but 2WA is totally correct, they are humans just like all of us that go about their business every day without impacting on anyone, they are allowed to drive cars, pay their taxes, vote, and just like man and women relationships should be allowed to adopt or have children in other ways just like couples do, who for whatever reason, cant conceive, giving them the right to marry wont affect me or the other 1000 million or so people in Australia, really cant understand the problem, and that's all I have to say about that.
talon440

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 4:14 pm

Let's here it for equality.

And don't forget Talk Like a Pirate Day on 19th September

Arrr! Arrr! Arrr!
p.s. Do you think the red colander suits me or should I wear something a little more plain and "sensible" at my age  Arrr!

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down