Bit quiet lately

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 11:35 am

The forum seems to be a little quieter lately , is it just a temporary lull , or has the SBA facebook page taken over for popularity ? ( for those of us not on facebook )

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  Chook on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 12:16 pm

2 different things with very different content.

A few things could be effecting passing traffic, just to name a few;

It's winter,
There's no talk of meets,
A number of members have turned over to the dark side and swapped the Bandit for something else
avatar
Chook

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 52
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  truck on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 5:59 am

I'm still here, just got nothing to say . . . the Old 02 is still going strong . . . awaiting the 100,000 klm mark.
That's it from me.
avatar
truck

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Proud!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 10:20 am

@truck wrote:I'm still here, just got nothing to say . . . the Old 02 is still going strong . . . awaiting the 100,000 klm mark.
That's it from me.
You could always make stuff up truck  lol!............


Not a bad mileage truck , my 2010 is at 65,oookm now

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  madmax on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 8:19 pm

It's winter.

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3881
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 53
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 9:29 pm

@madmax wrote:It's winter.
Would that mean you would be sitting around indoors on the computer then Question  (but possibly with nothing to talk about I suppose ......unless of course you ride all year round Wink )

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  truck on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 10:20 pm

@madmax wrote:It's winter.

Where?
 
sunny      sunny      sunny  
avatar
truck

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Proud!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  jstava on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 6:50 pm

Here! and it's time to play.  I "work" at the snow in VIC. Starting Saturday. 

Things to do: get a big stock of wood organised (SWMBO likes the house warm while I'm away, does not cut wood), Put the Bandit on the centre stand.  Pack the snowboard (and all the other stuff), take a load of firewood to the daughter on the way, check into the new digs. I ride a snowboard to work in the morning. 

Nice views from the Winter home. Great company. It's playtime! I'll be back when the lawn needs mowing, or I have to update my 1st Aid. But no motorbikes. Snowmobiles yes.  

I like Winter.

_________________
The trick is to grow old. "Growing up" is less important than surviving.
avatar
jstava

Posts : 184
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 66
Location : Tocumwal, NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  reddog on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:22 pm

Sorry @paul was in Perth for training last week and then back to work. No time to post Smile
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2375
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm

@jstava wrote:Here! and it's time to play.  I "work" at the snow in VIC. Starting Saturday. 

Things to do: get a big stock of wood organised (SWMBO likes the house warm while I'm away, does not cut wood), Put the Bandit on the centre stand.  Pack the snowboard (and all the other stuff), take a load of firewood to the daughter on the way, check into the new digs. I ride a snowboard to work in the morning. 

Nice views from the Winter home. Great company. It's playtime! I'll be back when the lawn needs mowing, or I have to update my 1st Aid. But no motorbikes. Snowmobiles yes.  

I like Winter.
Sounds like fun ............bloody cold pale , but fun  cheers

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:52 pm

@reddog wrote:Sorry @paul was in Perth for training last week and then back to work. No time to post Smile
Bloody work eh..............oh well , someone has to pay the bills I suppose  Laughing

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  rolls on Sat 24 Jun 2017, 7:24 pm

@Chook wrote:A number of members have turned over to the dark side and swapped the Bandit for something else


On a GS1200 now, but I'm not on a BMW forum.

If you've got nothing to say, say nothing.



EDIT: Great to read things are going well Gus. Happy birthday Baz, 2WA. Keep the jokes coming Paul.
avatar
rolls

Posts : 344
Join date : 2010-06-10
Age : 48
Location : Queanbeyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  reddog on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 1:48 pm

@paul wrote:
@reddog wrote:Sorry @paul was in Perth for training last week and then back to work. No time to post Smile
Bloody work eh..............oh well , someone has to pay the bills I suppose  Laughing

Another 28 years to go before i don't have to Wink

The speed at which technology is moving means learning something new all the time.
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2375
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 2:22 pm

@reddog wrote:
@paul wrote:
@reddog wrote:Sorry @paul was in Perth for training last week and then back to work. No time to post Smile
Bloody work eh..............oh well , someone has to pay the bills I suppose  Laughing

Another 28 years to go before i don't have to Wink

The speed at which technology is moving means learning something new all the time.
I don't want to make you feel bad mate , but ................... 6 months to go for me  cheers cheers cheers ( we need one of these that does handstands Laughing  )..............I still plan on doing some part time work to subsidize the pension & give me a bit of a purpose in life though  Very Happy


Learn all you can mate  if the opportunity is there to do it............I sometimes get the feeling that I have forgotten more than the ones coming through these days are being taught in my trade.

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  Ironman on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 3:21 pm

I suppose with regards to Bandit mechanicals or mods, everything that is worth doing has been done by someone already and search engines are great things. Now that the Bandit name is at end of life, we may find that people are moving onto other machines. Here in Canberra I haven't seen one Bandit yet but ship loads of adventure bikes.

_________________
2012 V-Strom 1000
2007 Bandit S 1200
2004 Bandit S 1200 Tracker
avatar
Ironman

Posts : 650
Join date : 2010-10-09
Location : ACT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 5:37 pm

@Ironman wrote:I suppose with regards to Bandit mechanicals or mods, everything that is worth doing has been done by someone already and search engines are great things. Now that the Bandit name is at end of life, we may find that people are moving onto other machines. Here in Canberra I haven't seen one Bandit yet but ship loads of adventure bikes.
Adventure bikes seem to be popular in general lately . I suppose one day this forum may need to diversify a bit model wise ( name included ) to cater for a different membership base .

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  truck on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 10:44 pm

@paul wrote:
@Ironman wrote:I suppose with regards to Bandit mechanicals or mods, everything that is worth doing has been done by someone already and search engines are great things. Now that the Bandit name is at end of life, we may find that people are moving onto other machines. Here in Canberra I haven't seen one Bandit yet but ship loads of adventure bikes.
Adventure bikes seem to be popular in general lately . I suppose one day this forum may need to diversify a bit model wise ( name included ) to cater for a different membership base .

Question I've always regarded my 02 as an on road adventure bike. Very Happy
avatar
truck

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 51
Location : Queensland Proud!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 6:14 pm

@truck wrote:
@paul wrote:
@Ironman wrote:I suppose with regards to Bandit mechanicals or mods, everything that is worth doing has been done by someone already and search engines are great things. Now that the Bandit name is at end of life, we may find that people are moving onto other machines. Here in Canberra I haven't seen one Bandit yet but ship loads of adventure bikes.
Adventure bikes seem to be popular in general lately . I suppose one day this forum may need to diversify a bit model wise ( name included ) to cater for a different membership base .

Question I've always regarded my 02 as an on road adventure bike. Very Happy

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  2wheelsagain on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 9:23 am

I still keep tabs on you rabble alien
Just when I ride I cant really shout from the roof top and tell you about the great day I had on brand H or M.
Additionally I'm in license preserving mode and riding less often but longer rides when I do. I shoot at the local MX track most Saturdays I'm not working so really only have Sundays or days off to ride.
On the plus side my photography has really improved Very Happy
https://www.facebook.com/chrisholmesphotographyau/

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6204
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  madmax on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 1:54 pm

@2wheelsagain wrote:
On the plus side my photography has really improved Very Happy
https://www.facebook.com/chrisholmesphotographyau/

Time for a new avatar then, one that doesn't scare the crap out of us!

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3881
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 53
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  Ironman on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 5:05 pm

A few of us have migrated to include the Vstrom. Great bit of kit and in my opinion alot better value than the BMW and just as capable. Maybe a new heading for these machines?

_________________
2012 V-Strom 1000
2007 Bandit S 1200
2004 Bandit S 1200 Tracker
avatar
Ironman

Posts : 650
Join date : 2010-10-09
Location : ACT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 6:13 pm

@Ironman wrote:A few of us have migrated to include the Vstrom. Great bit of kit and in my opinion alot better value than the BMW and just as capable. Maybe a new heading for these machines?
Seeing there are other motorcycles owned by members , past & present as well , I have started a general thread.................see how it goes. Very Happy

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  paul on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 7:53 pm

@2wheelsagain wrote:I still keep tabs on you rabble  alien
Just when I ride I cant really shout from the roof top and tell you about the great day I had on brand H or M.
Additionally I'm in license preserving mode and riding less often but longer rides when I do. I shoot at the local MX track most Saturdays I'm not working so really only have Sundays or days off to ride.
On the plus side my photography has really improved Very Happy
https://www.facebook.com/chrisholmesphotographyau/
Some great action shots on there 2WA ( obviously you were referring to " the others " with that Rabble comment  Razz Laughing )
I started another thread for you & others with different bikes to share their experiences in  if you  wish to do so  Very Happy

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6970
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  barry_mcki on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 9:14 pm

@madmax wrote:
@2wheelsagain wrote:
On the plus side my photography has really improved Very Happy
https://www.facebook.com/chrisholmesphotographyau/

Time for a new avatar then, one that doesn't scare the crap out of us!
That is the non-scary avatar   affraid

_________________
Hacks - more smiles per mile  



Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
avatar
barry_mcki

Posts : 1619
Join date : 2010-04-10
Age : 60
Location : Hillwood, Tasmania

View user profile http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  2wheelsagain on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 10:08 pm

@barry_mcki wrote:
@madmax wrote:
@2wheelsagain wrote:
On the plus side my photography has really improved Very Happy
https://www.facebook.com/chrisholmesphotographyau/

Time for a new avatar then, one that doesn't scare the crap out of us!
That is the non-scary avatar   affraid
We've met haven't we Barry  

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6204
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Bit quiet lately

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum