Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal of the secondary butterflies

+7
Bandakias
Dekenai
madmax
NZspokes
reddog
2wheelsagain
stan2nz
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Removal of the secondary butterflies - Page 2 Empty Removal of the secondary butterflies

Post  stan2nz Sun 02 Apr 2017, 2:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

what are the pros and cons to removing the secondary butterflies

Anyone done this and what were the results overall
stan2nz
stan2nz

Back to top Go down

Removal of the secondary butterflies - Page 2 Empty Re: Removal of the secondary butterflies

Post  Bandakias Sat 20 Jan 2018, 8:15 pm

rodent4 wrote:Picked the bike up this morning. Didn't really get a chance to get much of a ride in but it is pulling substantially harder  Cool 

They cut the top out of the air box lid while it was there, not sure yet whether I like the roar or not  Question   If not I have a spare I can fit.
How did you manage fuel? Ecu flash or Pcv?

Bandakias

Back to top Go down

Removal of the secondary butterflies - Page 2 Empty Re: Removal of the secondary butterflies

Post  rodent4 Tue 23 Jan 2018, 5:57 pm

Bandakias wrote:
rodent4 wrote:Picked the bike up this morning. Didn't really get a chance to get much of a ride in but it is pulling substantially harder  Cool 

They cut the top out of the air box lid while it was there, not sure yet whether I like the roar or not  Question   If not I have a spare I can fit.
How did you manage fuel? Ecu flash or Pcv?

Dunno, service peeps organised it. I'm gonna drop it into the guy who dyno'd it last time for some feed back.

Bigger fish to fry at the moment though, I was moving it in the garage Saturday and lost my footing and dropped it  Sad

Smashed the fairing and who knows what else. Gonna have a good look at it on the weekend and work out everything else I need. I've already ordered the fairing and support that all the shit bolts to.
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill & Ted Fri 23 Mar 2018, 5:44 pm

Just removed the secondaries, followed Reardo's method on YouTube using a pencil butane torch and after some research a Posidrive "0" bit.
They came out with no effort at all, has made an amazing difference to the bike, no more dead top end and just more control all thru the rev range.
Once you've gone to the dark-side their is no going back.

Bill & Ted

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Sun 06 May 2018, 5:54 pm

Bill & Ted wrote:Just removed the secondaries, followed Reardo's method on YouTube using a pencil butane torch and after some research a Posidrive "0" bit.
They came out with no effort at all, has made an amazing difference to the bike, no more dead top end and just more control all thru the rev range.
Once you've gone to the dark-side their is no going back.

How is it on the warm up, is it warming up quicker?

Mine is, I'm getting the feeling that maybe it's slightly lean at idle  Question It warms up faster than it used to.

I do have a wideband but it's currently in another vehicle and I don't really want to remove it at the moment. Probably take it to the guy who dyno's for me, and if there is an issue hopefully he can sort it via the ecu....I don't really want to run a PC or 3rd party box If I don't have to.
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill & Ted Mon 07 May 2018, 4:27 pm

Hi rodent4, I haven't noticed any difference in the time it takes to warm up after removing the secondarys.
There seems to be quite a variation between some of these Bandits, just fitted and then removed after one week a TRE which made it run rich in the lower revs making the surging at 2,300 to 2,600 revs worse and increased my fuel consumption, while others have noticed no difference at all.
Think i might put it back on when I can afford a PCV and Autotune module so that it is fixed to a single gear map.

Bill & Ted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony OFB Sat 25 Jan 2020, 9:43 pm

Seen a lot of posts on the butterfly removal and benefits in power and smoothness of delivery etc.
But what has been everyone's experience in effect on fuel economy when just cruising etc.
I want to still use the bike for touring over distance and worried I will loose to much range if the economy goes to crap

Cheers
Tony

Tony OFB

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 29 Jan 2020, 2:04 pm

Just change front or rear cogs if you need more range.

Removal of the secondary butterflies - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Wed 29 Jan 2020, 4:03 pm

Tony OFB wrote:Seen a lot of posts on the butterfly removal and benefits in power and smoothness of delivery etc.
But what has been everyone's experience in effect on fuel economy when just cruising etc.
I want to still use the bike for touring over distance and worried I will loose to much range if the economy goes to crap

Cheers
Tony

If your concern for economy outweighs your concern for performance, I wouldn't do it.

Can't have your cake and eat it also.
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony OFB Thu 30 Jan 2020, 11:11 am

But it’s nice to have a cherry on top of your cake lol
Just got some feedback from USA that the butterfly murder will add about 10% to fuel usage but Emmy wrist joy with the performance will do more damage lol

Tony OFB

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Thu 30 Jan 2020, 4:25 pm

What you could do is buy my machine and do a comparison, and then you'll know for sure whether it worth it or not    Twisted Evil
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2