Life is way too short, make the most of it while you can

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Life is way too short, make the most of it while you can

Post  Chook on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 7:13 am

A few of you already know a mate of mine passed away Monday night after a 15 month battle with cancer, Tony was only 50, a hour after his passing another close friend of us both found out his uncle had passed away, Pete was very close to him as well probably more so than his father.

Today I wake up to find out a regular customer from work passed away Sunday aged 45

April is turning into a sucky month, the 9th was the 21st anniversary of my fathers passing, he was only 56, another who was taken too early by the dreaded C

RIP to all of them........................
Chook

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Life is way too short, make the most of it while you can

Post  Ewok1958 on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 7:24 am

They are all too young. And we have just returned home from our second funeral in 6 weeks - both mum's siblings. But at least they made it to "old age". Sad
Ewok1958

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 7:27 am

@Ewok1958 wrote:They are all too young. And we have just returned home from our second funeral in 6 weeks - both mum's siblings. But at least they made it to "old age". Sad

Sorry for your loss mate, after the past week I'm starting to think I've already made it to a "Old Age" at 51 Crying or Very sad
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 8:35 am

Always look on the bright side of life guys... You never know when your time will be up so have fun whilst you are here
reddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 1250 on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

Hey guys,
I don't write much but I read most of the posts, sorry for your loses.
I'll be turning 50 this year and just recently I was diagnosed with bowel cancer, I've not long had surgery to remove the cancer and about to start chemo to hopefully keep things in check.
It's funny when your faced with this type of news things seem to fall into place somewhat, priorities fill your head and one of those to me is riding more and to start looking for my new toy.
Yes life is too short but it's been a great ride so far.

Paul

Paul 1250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 10:22 pm

Good luck Paul. 
A 46yr old mate of mine was diagnosed with a brain tumour last Tue. He was told to go him and put his affairs in order. 
Live every moment guys because you never know!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
2wheelsagain
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:41 pm

@Chook wrote:A few of you already know a mate of mine passed away Monday night after a 15 month battle with cancer, Tony was only 50, 

The ABC's 7:30 report recorded this segment a couple of weeks before Tony's passing, it went to air last night. They got hold of the story from links to the UK media that found out he is a massive Leicester City fan and his own battle had coincided with their battle to avoid relegation last season and their unexpected rise to the top of the Premier League just a year later

His wife made a mistake putting a bet on before the season, she was meant to put $2 on at 3000/1 (they were 5000/1 in the UK) and she accidently put on $20 instead

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-27/leicester-city-winning-streak-inspired-dying-adelaide-supporter/7364732
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:33 pm

I did a 6 month stint as a wardie in a major hospital. ive seen everything from the beginning of life, the nasty stuff in the middle and what happens during the final moments to the end and what happens afterwards. ladies and gents, live life to the fullest while you can. ride lots, laugh and hold your dearest closer. ( your wife or husband... not the bike) tell them you love them every time you go to work and come home.
stop every now and then to take this world in. ive spoken to people who are near their end, they say their one regret is working too much. take holidays, enjoy your weekends and dont procrastinate. just do it what ever that may be.
do a track day or drags. its a blast and you really know you're alive .... on the edge of your normal comfort zone.
give up the smokes, the drink or any of those things we all know are bad for us. exercise within your limits and eat good food.

Ironman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:57 pm

@Ironman wrote:I did a 6 month stint as a wardie in a major hospital. ive seen everything from the beginning of life, the nasty stuff in the middle and what happens during the final moments to the end and what happens afterwards. ladies and gents, live life to the fullest while you can. ride lots, laugh and hold your dearest closer. ( your wife or husband... not the bike) tell them you love them every time you go to work and come home.
stop every now and then to take this world in. ive spoken to people who are near their end, they say their one regret is working too much. take holidays, enjoy your weekends and dont procrastinate. just do it what ever that may be.
do a track day or drags. its a blast and you really know you're alive .... on the edge of your normal comfort zone.
give up the smokes, the drink or any of those things we all know are bad for us. exercise within your limits and eat good food.
It's unfortunate that it takes a serious illness for  people to realise what's really important in life .

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum