Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Riding

5 posters

Go down

Summer Riding  Empty Summer Riding

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 31 Dec 2015, 7:10 am

summer riding can be great or a bloody nightmare depending on where you live. 
Here in the Bega Valley (a little bandit enclave with myself, tag and ewok residing here) January is bloody hot. so as much as i like my leathers its not a pleasant experience wearing those this time of year. 

Yesterday i went for a ride to scrub in my new Dunlop RS3's and even at 3:30pm  it was just pleasant and that was riding with my textile pants, fox body armour ballistic jersey and ixon alloy vented jacket and am actually thinking of buying a mx jersy just to go over my body armour just for summer, i reckon that i should still have suitable protection and letting airflow through, but then on really hot days spending it by the pool is no subsitiute. 

What does every one else do ?

Back to top Go down

Summer Riding  Empty Re: Summer Riding

Post  madmax Thu 31 Dec 2015, 7:29 am

Dryrider Air ride 2 jacket, without its liner. This jacket is mostly reinforced mesh with armour, lightweight and cool.
AlpineStars SMX-1 vented summer boots.
Draggin or Joe Rocket jeans
Rjays Bandit gloves

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 8:06 am

Took the bike out for a short spin yesterday. I have a Bikers Gear Warehouse (BGW) open mesh summer jacket, no liner, and either dri-rider summer pants (no liner) or BGW leathers.  It was very nice riding and it looks like I'll have the k's up to do the 78,000kms service and change the PR3s for PR4s for the WSBK trip. Very Happy
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic 2 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 9:02 am

I'm starting to think I prefer winter for riding, less cages, less coppers, less bugs, less drama. Oh and believe it or not, where I am, less wind. I find riding in wind unpleasant at best. Seems to be windy every day here from September to March at least, unless it's raining of course, then the wind stops Rolling Eyes
I guess there's a reason they put a wind farm at Bungendore, could put one here as well easy.
Nic 2
Nic 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardboard Tube Samurai Mon 04 Jan 2016, 6:39 pm

All year round = Kevlar jeans (black, Draggin brand), Motodry mesh jacket (black). In winter I add a flanno under the jacket and a bamboo balaclava to keep my chin/face warmer. On super cold days (<5 degrees), I drive.
Cardboard Tube Samurai
Cardboard Tube Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down