Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snowy Ride 2009

4 posters

Go down

Snowy Ride 2009 Empty Snowy Ride 2009

Post  Dmaxhall Fri 11 Sep 2009, 8:31 pm

Anyone heading down to Thredbo this year.

I am going with some mates, first Snowy Ride for me.

What can I expect? (Apart from having a blast...) cheers
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Snowy Ride 2009 Empty Re: Snowy Ride 2009

Post  Cameron Fri 11 Sep 2009, 8:33 pm

Ive never dont this ride...i do an anual one each year in the last weekend of Febuary/ First of March.
Roads are incredible. I hate to say it, but the road surface is better down there then anywhere here in NSW.
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Snowy Ride 2009 Empty Snowy Ride

Post  Davidi Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:00 pm

I have been going for the past five years. Each year it is getting bigger and longer. It now starts on Friday and there are night activities at Thredbo. I/we stay at Jindabyne at a Ski lodge that charges about $130-$150 for the weekend. (Friday and Sat evening meal, Full cooked breakfast Satand Sun). Not bad value for the weekend. Saturday is spent travelling to "checkpoints" and delivering your stamped pass at Thredbo. We go to Jindy, Dalgety and Thedbo. This ticket goes into the draw to win the Honda bike. After that my mad mate and I go riding. This year we are going to try and do the Tumut pond, and Tumut powerstations 1 & 2 after handing in our raffle pass ticket. We do not go to the festivities at Thedbo as drink and ride don't mix.

On the Sunday we usually leave Jindy and head home (Melbourne) via some intersting ways. We take Monday off work and get back about 5pm. This year we are going to Canberra, over to Batemans Bay and then criss cross over the mountains working our way down towards Cann River in Vic. Depending on how long it takes to do will depend if we head to the GAR and Mt Hotham, or head home via the coast or the M1.

Weather permitting we are going up via Mansfield, Bright Tallangatta Corryong and Tom Groggin to Jindy.

Things to remember. This is not a race although there are plenty of "boy racers" around. There is a heavy Police presence and speeding is not tollerated especially on the Alpine Way where the limit is 80kms.

The weather can be variable even on the same day. I have been up at Thredbo and it has been snowing, and at Cooma it has been 20C all on the same day. So be prepared.

Davo

Davidi

Back to top Go down

Post  CHERRY1 Tue 15 Sep 2009, 4:43 pm

David , I think you have summed up the Snowy ride, a great weekend! Very Happy I have gone the last two years and the roads in this area are great. We have stayed at Thredbo and the party atmosphere is electric. We normally ride home Via "Browns Mountain" and then back up the coast road. If you go you must keep an eye out for Police cars (Will leave you alone if you use a little comonsence) stay on your side of the road and stay vigilant for IDIOT BOY RACERS pig with no brains or courtesy!
I am not going this year as my friends and I descided to try something different and so we are leaving on Friday morning for a four day round trip to Lightning Ridge.
CHERRY1
CHERRY1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmaxhall Tue 15 Sep 2009, 8:11 pm

Davidi, thanks for the info.
We are also staying in Jindabyne. Should arrive mid-saturday. Heading down from Sydney, probably via the coast and in from Bega.
The group I am coming with (5) is fairly sensible ( Wink ) and so we should (hopefully) stay safe and let the cops play with the expected idjits. Rolling Eyes

Cherry1, enjoy the "Ridge Ride". What a Face
You will need to post a report for those who go another time. Exclamation
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmaxhall Wed 28 Oct 2009, 8:14 pm

Leave next Friday for my first Snowy Ride.

Hanging for the ride.

Bike is serviced and I am raring to go!!! cheers
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Snowy Ride 2009 Empty Snowy ride

Post  CHERRY1 Wed 28 Oct 2009, 8:57 pm

You lucky bugger! wish it was me Sad enjoy the ride.
CHERRY1
CHERRY1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Thu 29 Oct 2009, 6:49 pm

Have a fun and safe trip buddy. Take lots of pics for us...and dont forget to tag those bandits Wink
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmaxhall Thu 29 Oct 2009, 10:02 pm

Will do.

Plan is:
Friday - Sydney to Merimbula (overnight stop - drunken )
Sat - Merimbula to Thredbo via Bombala, Khancoban and anyway else. Overnight in Jindabyne.
Sunday - Some will head home via the highway. I am planning on taking a left hand turn and heading back via a more, westward route. Will overnight ( drunken ), somewhere and arrive home on Monday at sometime mid-afternoon.

As you can see, the return journey is very, shall we say, fluid...
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down