Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  madmax on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 7:01 am

He also talks about what's coming up for next year including a 10g bike for a wall of death at 100mph


_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3976
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 54
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  paul on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 10:27 am

Is it just me ? I have just as much trouble following that video as I would following him on a race track .Nice bloke , but public speaking doesn't seem to be his fort'e .

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7050
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  Ulsterkiwi on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 10:31 am

he is nuts. The constant level of frenetic speech and mental activity which only gets racked up the closer he is to a motorcycle is the giveaway.
Hell of a rider but would rather listen to one of the Dunlops or Cam Donald any day of the week.

Ulsterkiwi

Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-09-22
Location : Kapiti Coast New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  Nic 2 on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 12:03 pm

I turned it off half way through, glad I'm not the only one.
avatar
Nic 2

Posts : 91
Join date : 2015-12-16
Age : 63
Location : 75K from Duckburg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  madmax on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 12:19 pm

I don't know whats wrong with you blokes, I understood every word Rolling Eyes

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3976
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 54
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  Nic 2 on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 12:25 pm

Wall of death scratch I have no idea.
avatar
Nic 2

Posts : 91
Join date : 2015-12-16
Age : 63
Location : 75K from Duckburg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  Re-Cycled on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 5:15 pm

@Nic 2 wrote:Wall of death scratch I have no idea.


_________________
Cheers Peter

'96 1200s Bandit
2007 DL1000 V Strom
avatar
Re-Cycled

Posts : 2193
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 59
Location : Newcastle

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  Nic 2 on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 5:27 pm

OK, thanks.
avatar
Nic 2

Posts : 91
Join date : 2015-12-16
Age : 63
Location : 75K from Duckburg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  paul on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 6:13 pm

@madmax wrote:I don't know whats wrong with you blokes, I understood every word Rolling Eyes
It wasn't so much what he said ( although a little hard to understand for an old deaf prick ) , his mind kept disappearing off in different directions mid sentence at 100 mph & I was more watching that than & wondering what he was thinking than just listening to him .

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7050
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  madmax on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 6:26 pm

@paul wrote:
@madmax wrote:I don't know whats wrong with you blokes, I understood every word Rolling Eyes
It wasn't so much what he said ( although a little hard to understand for an old deaf prick ) , his mind kept disappearing off in different directions mid sentence at 100 mph & I was more watching that than & wondering what he was thinking than just listening to him .

Definitely unrehearsed, buts that's how he is completely off the cuff

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3976
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 54
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  Chalkie on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 10:50 pm

Wall of Death is a cylinder that you ride around horizontal to the ground with centrifical force holding you to the wall. Yes I know you are all too young to have seen it but there was one in the Elvis Presley film "Roustabout".

Chalkie
avatar
Chalkie

Posts : 261
Join date : 2015-12-05
Age : 70
Location : Bayswater, Vic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  paul on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:46 pm

@Re-Cycled wrote:
@Nic 2 wrote:Wall of death scratch I have no idea.

Looks like he must have taken the saddle part of his seat off & is just using the post part to be hanging there like that  Shocked Laughing

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7050
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  Bosco15 on Fri 25 Dec 2015, 4:50 pm

From what I have gleaned,  Guy is going for something special.  
He is building a bike that can cope with the stresses imposed upon it at 100 miles / hour. 
Now, on a straight stretch of road a bike doing 100mph has a down force of 1G. The force of gravity.  
Doing 100mph on the wall of death, apparently it will have 10G (ten times the force of gravity) acting upon it!
So, for simplicity sake, if Guy weighs 100kg, at 10G the bike and tyres etc will have to carry 1000kg!!
It goes beyond the bike, too. Blood gets sucked out of your head and blackouts can occur at forces higher than 6G. 
It will be very interesting, indeed.

_________________
Some people are like slinkys. Not good for anything but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
avatar
Bosco15

Posts : 1357
Join date : 2013-12-04
Age : 48
Location : Newcastle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  madmax on Fri 25 Dec 2015, 8:24 pm

@Bosco15 wrote:From what I have gleaned,  Guy is going for something special.  
He is building a bike that can cope with the stresses imposed upon it at 100 miles / hour. 
Now, on a straight stretch of road a bike doing 100mph has a down force of 1G. The force of gravity.  
Doing 100mph on the wall of death, apparently it will have 10G (ten times the force of gravity) acting upon it!
So, for simplicity sake, if Guy weighs 100kg, at 10G the bike and tyres etc will have to carry 1000kg!!
It goes beyond the bike, too. Blood gets sucked out of your head and blackouts can occur at forces higher than 6G. 
It will be very interesting, indeed.

Got it in a nutshell, that and that he wants to use the wheel of death bike to do pikes peak again. Yep should be interesting

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3976
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 54
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas wishes from Guy Martin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum