Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade in? more like giveaway!

+9
madmax
palexxxx
Hammy
reddog
2wheelsagain
gus
Ewok1958
Bosco15
Ulsterkiwi
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trade in? more like giveaway! - Page 2 Empty Trade in? more like giveaway!

Post  Ulsterkiwi Mon 23 Nov 2015, 3:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

This will sound like a rant but it isn't.

I bought my 1250FA in September 2014, it was new April that year and when I got it, there was a skorpion muffler fitted and a scott oiler with one of those big reservoirs.
I gave them my 1998 BMW F650 with $8500NZ.

Since then I have had the bike serviced every 6000kms with the same dealership as per the schedule, bought my tyres there and generally been a loyal customer with other bits and bobs, including some gear for my wife.
The bike now has 31500kms on it.

I have added the following:
Fenda extenda
Rad Guard radiator guard
Suzuki touring screen
Oxford hot grips
Full givi luggage (top box and V35 panniers)
Custom saddle
Nitron R2 shock.

The shock was the single biggest outlay as I had the top box and got a set of pannier racks second hand.

Anyway the bike was in for the 30k service and the owner of the place said hi, wanted to know if I was being looked after and did I want to take anything for a test ride. He showed me a 4 month old Honda VFR1200X with 3000kms on the clock. Next thing I was away for an hour long test ride.
Lovely bike but the fueling was shit, really really shit. Surging all over the place until I was over 70kph. I have heard about fly by wire throttles taking some getting used to, hence my persistence with it but it really spoiled my experience on what was otherwise a lovely machine. heaps of power, smooth, great brakes and quite flickable for such a tall heavy bike. It suited my 1.96m frame.
Back to the dealership. Asked by the service manager what I thought. I explained my issue with the fuelling, he replied it was just that the bike ran leaner than my FA and I should feather the clutch until I get used to it......at 70kph?????

Anyway the sales guy got in touch with me by email. Said as I was such a good customer they could push the boat out and give me $8.5k trade for my FA. I feel so blessed.
Isn't it good I didn't really want to change my bike?

Look I know I will lose money on the thing and I know dealerships need to make money and I know the whole Bandit line is getting "tired" in comparison to many models but honestly I was a bit miffed. I had been thinking about getting the front end of the bike rebuilt with proper springs and valves to suit my weight better and match up to the Nitron shock a bit more. Compared to dropping another $9k along with my own bike to get one that has 50000% more complicated shit to go wrong the experience has made my decision pretty easy lol.

Ulsterkiwi

Back to top Go down

Trade in? more like giveaway! - Page 2 Empty Re: Trade in? more like giveaway!

Post  Ulsterkiwi Wed 25 Nov 2015, 12:46 pm

paul wrote:Bandits have always been worth bugger all as a trade in , & unless you have  Harley , accessories aren't worth much money at resale either .............only for appeal . If you can afford to , put it back to standard , & whack it in storage ...................eventually the value will go up not down ( you may have to wait a while though ) . Either that or try to sell it privately & you may get more for it .
nah, the bike is there to be ridden. I commute and have my fun on it. Now the wife is riding too I will probably do even more kms!

I booked in to get the front end rebuilt in a couple of weeks, Black Magic isnt going anywhere..... Cool

Ulsterkiwi

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum