Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone through me the keys to a Harley!!!

+4
Chalkie
Chettlingham
madmax
mtbeerwah
8 posters

Go down

Someone through me the keys to a Harley!!! Empty Someone through me the keys to a Harley!!!

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 24 Oct 2015, 1:02 am

So he said..do you want to take it for a ride????

I said...oh yeah!!   Me not being a fan of HD.

It being a 2013 Sportster 883cc, with a 1200cc kit in it.

First thing, very uncomfortable!!!

I was actually surprised that it wasn`t too rough. A lot smoother than I thought it would be.  After riding quiet a few twins, and getting that numb buzzing in my hands when you get off some, that I really dislike about twins.

Power????? umm...what power and torque!!!!!   I didn`t flog it, as its not my bike, and he`s a good lad, so I would never do that,
but the lack of torque surprised me.   I recon my DRZ had better rideability than it did. 

I just can`t/don`t see what people see in them. To each their own I know, but I would never buy one.

The only thing I liked about it, was the indicators, that self canceled.

I only discovered two years ago, that the V-rod`s engine, was designed by Porsche...What`s going there??????
Good ol American Iron horse...NOT.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Someone through me the keys to a Harley!!! Empty Re: Someone through me the keys to a Harley!!!

Post  madmax Sat 24 Oct 2015, 5:27 am

I heard the revolution engine, designed by porche had to be detuned to give it that lumpy H-D sound to satisfy customers

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Someone through me the keys to a Harley!!! Empty Re: Someone through me the keys to a Harley!!!

Post  Chettlingham Sun 01 Nov 2015, 7:53 pm

My brother just got me to pick up his new purchase of a HD Breakout as he couldn't find one for a good price in Darwin. Unfortunately it is unregistered and I don't have the $27,000 to replace it.

Don't ask me why he spent this much on a bike, I think it must be the weather up north...

Someone through me the keys to a Harley!!! N1OewAV

Power Commander V
Secondary Butterflies modified with Woolich software
Custom dyno tune
Chettlingham
Chettlingham

Back to top Go down

Post  Chalkie Fri 11 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm

I rode a Harley for several years giving commercial Harley rides. You need a taxi type endorsement for this but it seems to be the only type of bike the punters are interested in. My guess is it is the distinctive (loud) note and the bad boy image. My guess is it is the same attraction for those who buy them - a "Look At Me" mentality.

Chalkie
Chalkie
Chalkie

Back to top Go down

Post  broncsrule21 Sat 12 Dec 2015, 1:52 am

mtbeerwah wrote:So he said..do you want to take it for a ride????

I said...oh yeah!!   Me not being a fan of HD.

It being a 2013 Sportster 883cc, with a 1200cc kit in it.

First thing, very uncomfortable!!!

I was actually surprised that it wasn`t too rough. A lot smoother than I thought it would be.  After riding quiet a few twins, and getting that numb buzzing in my hands when you get off some, that I really dislike about twins.

Power????? umm...what power and torque!!!!!   I didn`t flog it, as its not my bike, and he`s a good lad, so I would never do that,
but the lack of torque surprised me.   I recon my DRZ had better rideability than it did. 

I just can`t/don`t see what people see in them. To each their own I know, but I would never buy one.

The only thing I liked about it, was the indicators, that self canceled.

I only discovered two years ago, that the V-rod`s engine, was designed by Porsche...What`s going there??????
Good ol American Iron horse...NOT.
Those are the exact impressions I have had after riding HDs. Just obnoxious noise makers to me.

broncsrule21

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Wed 14 Dec 2016, 8:58 am

The only HD I have ridden is the vrod. Scraping pegs instantly and not bad power. Felt ok but not for me. The engine is now extinct due to emissions I believe. Porsche did design a v4 also but was canned early in the piece because it didn't meet the image. http://thekneeslider.com/harley-davidson-was-planning-a-family-of-v4-motorcycles/
Personally, I would like to give a v4 a squirt, The old Vmax, what a weapon that was.

PCV AND AUTO TUNE
SECONDARIES REMOVED
MINI INDICATORS
THROTTLE LOCK
OHLINS SHOCK

1990 GSXR750AL
1973 XL100
1973 XL70
1971 SL70
Hyosung rush powered barstool
chinese 50cc powered barstool
Rick
Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 14 Dec 2016, 9:52 am

^^ Welcome back Very Happy
There's a couple I'd have but just to look at. V rod is one of them but as a riding bike give me any number of other brands first.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  palexxxx Wed 14 Dec 2016, 10:58 am

I was also offered a ride on the exact same model (800 sportster) I wasn't really interested in riding it but seeing as I was in the Harley dealership for another reason (the owner also ran a powder-coating business) I thought that I'd pretend to like the noisy bastards.

Anyway,  the dealer shoved a form in front of me to fill in and as I was doing that he told me that the bike that I'd be riding had a louder exhaust on it.  As soon as he said that I saw my way out and promptly crossed out my name on the form and told him I was not interested.  He said,  "What,  you don't want to draw attention to yourself?"  I said,  "Nope."

palexxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down