BMC Air Filer!!

Go down

BMC Air Filer!!

Post  mtbeerwah on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 5:02 pm

OK, I`m going to give an opinion on BMC Air Filters....

Don`t buy one!!!!!

After I had my engine rebuilt, I thought I would try a different filter, as I wasn`t entirely happy with the K&N, due to the air box lid, was always very difficult, to lock up and seal, after maintenance, on my GEN 2.

When I first put the BMC in, it was a very good fit and sea.

Fast forward 18 months to now, and I`ve just opened up the airbox to clean the filter, after a return Gladstone to Brisbane trip,  (depending on where I ride, every 5000-10 000km`s) and have discovered that the rubber has totally broken down and collapsed, and the filter was sitting inside the airbox, with an unprotected engine. NOT HAPPY.

I can`t say when it collapsed. But I did check it 5000 ago, due to dirt riding, and it was fine.

I`ve got the old K&N, which is 10yrs old, and its still in original condition.
mtbeerwah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BMC Air Filer!!

Post  paul on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm

Thanks for the info .................For myself & what my bike is mainly used for, with the price per KM value I still  use the OEM filter , but it is always good to get a review of other products available .

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 5:53 pm

@mtbeerwah wrote:...

After I had my engine rebuilt, I thought I would try a different filter, as I wasn`t entirely happy with the K&N, due to the air box lid, was always very difficult, to lock up and seal, after maintenance, on my GEN 2.

I wasn't aware (initially) that the K&N filter required the original airbox upper seal to be removed until I couldn't get the lid to fit back on properly, causing me to read the K&N instructions! I took both seals out and it seated really well.  A trick for new players - and a lesson about reading the instructions!  Very Happy
Ewok1958

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 6:29 pm

@Ewok1958 wrote:

I wasn't aware (initially) that the K&N filter required the original airbox upper seal to be removed until I couldn't get the lid to fit back on properly, causing me to read the K&N instructions! I took both seals out and it seated really well.  A trick for new players - and a lesson about reading the instructions!  Very Happy
 Yeah I`ve always had the seal out, but its still a bad fit on the GEN 2.

On my GEN 1, its a slightly different, and far better set up, and clamps directly down, rather than a pivot action, on the GEN 2
mtbeerwah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum