Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emergency Response & First Aid Gear

+7
#Tag
madmax
Chook
Bosco15
barry_mcki
paul
Ewok1958
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Emergency Response & First Aid Gear - Page 2 Empty Emergency Response & First Aid Gear

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Emergency Response & First Aid Gear - Page 2 12011310

On the ride on the weekend, we had a rider go down. Not serious, but cuts, abrasion, evidence of shock, and internal pain in the upper chest/ribs.  Lead riders had already left the accident scene and didn't know of the incident (ie they were ahead of the rider having the off) so I don't know what gear they might have been carrying (doesn't matter, they were not there and I was).  I always carry a first aid kit, and used it on this occasion, applying non-stick bandages to one more serious wound. The paramedics asked who had done this when they arrived.

I also did a motorcyclist-specific first aid course late last year and know my DRSABCD, and the steps to go through in terms of assessing the fallen rider's condition and immediate needs, ie should the helmet come off, should he/she be moved, should the clothing be cut, etc, etc. 

I'm not criticizing anyone here (forum members or otherwise) BUT, I'm wondering if we take this into consideration on our annual rides, ie knowing who has what first aid kits in their packs and who is in the best position to be "treating" a fallen fellow rider (or even one in another group).

scratchscratch
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Emergency Response & First Aid Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Emergency Response & First Aid Gear

Post  Chook Fri 18 Sep 2015, 9:27 am

reddog wrote:Haha with a six year old boy I can understand that comment. 

@Paul if love to drop into coopers brewery mate. The problem is that my wife loves their stout so it'd be an overnighter Smile
I work less than 1km from the Coopers Brewery, I haven't done the tour yet but would love to, if you're ever in town, give us some notice and we'll do it, no bikes/cars allowed though (friends that have been say they are much more liberal with the tastings if they know you're not driving Wink  )
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Emergency Response & First Aid Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Emergency Response & First Aid Gear

Post  paul Fri 18 Sep 2015, 9:31 am

reddog wrote:Haha with a six year old boy I can understand that comment. 

@Paul if love to drop into coopers brewery mate. The problem is that my wife loves their stout so it'd be an overnighter Smile
LOL it can get like that , I've developed a bit of a taste for their dark ale lately  drunken .................................. I'm sure there would be somewhere to stay though . Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 18 Sep 2015, 10:39 am

We'll have to do an Adelaide tour in the near future. Trying to track it into the Philip island superbikes will be too hard though in the time I'll be taking off
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 18 Sep 2015, 6:49 pm

reddog wrote:We'll have to do an Adelaide tour in the near future. Trying to track it into the Philip island superbikes will be too hard though in the time I'll be taking off
Not sure what days they do their tours , but it might be cause for an impromptu get together whenever you are able ...............apart from getting here , it would be a cheap holiday  Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2