Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lane Filtering, Helmet Law review etc SA - Petition

+8
Kiwisteve
2wheelsagain
#Tag
madmax
jstava
barry_mcki
paul
Chook
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lane Filtering, Helmet Law review etc SA - Petition Empty Lane Filtering, Helmet Law review etc SA - Petition

Post  Chook Sat 28 Mar 2015, 6:13 pm

Here's a online petition to try and persuade the SA Government to consider changing legislation to allow

• Lane Filtering
  • European Standard Helmets
  • Parking on foot path
  • Standing on pegs/remove one arm (?) or leg to stretch (I'm not sure about this, as far as I'm aware you can already take one hand of the bars in SA)

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/review-of-south-australian-motorcycle-laws.html
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Lane Filtering, Helmet Law review etc SA - Petition Empty Re: Lane Filtering, Helmet Law review etc SA - Petition

Post  paul Sat 28 Mar 2015, 9:05 pm

Signed ............number 520 ..............might need a few more than that .( love how Google Auto filled it for me LOL )
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Lane Filtering, Helmet Law review etc SA - Petition Empty Re: Lane Filtering, Helmet Law review etc SA - Petition

Post  barry_mcki Sat 28 Mar 2015, 9:27 pm

Signed as well (518) - wrote a little bit about how they need to be consistent across Australia. Also mentioned that by implementing already proven rules and regulations from other states it would not cost that much to change.
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Sun 29 Mar 2015, 12:36 pm

It should save money across all of the stakeholders. 

I read somewhere where the writer was asserting that it was actually riskier for motorcyclists to be in the line of traffic than between vehicles, moving or not - stopped line of traffic shunts are not uncommon.  

Personally, I am a fan of filtering, where I feel there is no risk of contact with vehicles on the sides, but not of splitting - when aside, you have often have nowhere to go, and a wheeled vehicle like a car can move sideways faster than I can respond on my bike. People often turn slightly when reaching for something in their car, extracting a phone from a pocket, all sorts of reasons.  

People should support the principle of having one set of road laws for the whole of the country.  Otherwise interstate travellers are just sitting ducks.

Signed 522 

This is not looking good, as a petition.
jstava
jstava

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:20 pm

This is the #1 reason why filtering should be made legal everywhere, this was taken on South Road Ridleyton (Suburban Adelaide) this evening, it's not my pic and I have no idea how the rider is

Lane Filtering, Helmet Law review etc SA - Petition 2ymhx5t
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:38 pm

Agree.......the sickening sound of screeching brakes from behind while you wait at the lights is an all too familiar sound unfortunately  Evil or Very Mad
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 27 Jan 2016, 10:04 pm

Chook wrote:This is the #1 reason why filtering should be made legal everywhere, this was taken on South Road Ridleyton (Suburban Adelaide) this evening, it's not my pic and I have no idea how the rider is

Is there suppose to be a picture here?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 27 Jan 2016, 10:13 pm

madmax wrote:
Chook wrote:This is the #1 reason why filtering should be made legal everywhere, this was taken on South Road Ridleyton (Suburban Adelaide) this evening, it's not my pic and I have no idea how the rider is

The picture shows up in Chooks post & your quote post on my computer............................and now my post LOL
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 28 Jan 2016, 6:31 am

paul wrote:
madmax wrote:

The picture shows up in Chooks post & your quote post on my computer............................and now my post LOL

There's been a couple of posts lately from chook that for me have had nothing in them. It wasn't until this one that I realised that there must be a picture involved. That's when I realised it must be my PC
All fixed now it was a setting in a program that wasn't displaying images from tinypic hosting. Everyone else pics showed up without a problem.
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 28 Jan 2016, 8:30 am

madmax wrote:
paul wrote:
madmax wrote:

There's been a couple of posts lately from chook that for me have had nothing in them. It wasn't until this one that I realised that there must be a picture involved. That's when I realised it must be my PC
All fixed now it was a setting in a program that wasn't displaying images from tinypic hosting. Everyone else pics showed up without a problem.
I had complaints about images I posted on ASB's site using tinypic  not showing up so I changed to imgur for that site ( servimg had been blocked by some businesses from there workers which is why I changed to tinypic on ASB to start with  Rolling Eyes  ) what setting was it ?
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Thu 28 Jan 2016, 8:53 am

#937.

I put down that filtering shortens queues for other road users, altered parking frees parking spaces for other road users, helmet rules are cheaper for everybody and unfortunately couldn't think of a reason why altered control rules helps other people.

The great unwashed cager population don't really give a rats that something benefits motorcyclists but when you point out how it helps them, that's a different ballgame. Make it about them.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:16 am

I hope you don't run with this as a justification for filtering (which I support). These vehicles look like they're parked and the dunnydore has knocked the bike over.
This is why I park on the footpath 99% of the time but I'm in Vic and can do that unless a sign says otherwise (rare).
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:23 am

Done #910
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:25 am

From the looks of the pic, the suv is further out in the lane, & to my thinking, the commode vered left last minute
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:33 am

Lane filtering seems to be working well up here in Qld.  I have not heard of any incidents because of it. It certainly speeds up getting around in heavy traffic on your bike.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:46 am

Filter laws should be Nation wide.

I was surprised when Q.L.D, actually agreed to it. Put a smile on my dial.

I can sympathize for those that don`t have it.

Another law that should be well endorsed, and again, I was surprised to see this sign in suburbia in Brisbane the other day ,and it is:

"Turn Left At Red Light When Safe To,
After Coming To A Complete Stop First" 

These too, should be everywhere, and I`ll sign a petition on this as well.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm

Hammy wrote:Lane filtering seems to be working well up here in Qld.  I have not heard of any incidents because of it. It certainly speeds up getting around in heavy traffic on your bike.

Hasn't made any difference down here, we were all doing it beforehand. Wink
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:38 pm

paul wrote:
madmax wrote:
paul wrote:
madmax wrote:

I had complaints about images I posted on ASB's site using tinypic  not showing up so I changed to imgur for that site ( servimg had been blocked by some businesses from there workers which is why I changed to tinypic on ASB to start with  Rolling Eyes  ) what setting was it ?

It was a setting in Peerblock, only a worry if you use it.
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:43 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:Filter laws should be Nation wide.

Yep and I think eventually it will be

mtbeerwah wrote:Another law that should be well endorsed, and again, I was surprised to see this sign in suburbia in Brisbane the other day ,and it is:

"Turn Left At Red Light When Safe To,
After Coming To A Complete Stop First" 
I don't see it needing to be treated as a Stop sign, this type of thing is used instead of a slip lane. Slip lanes generally use a give way. If its not safe to have it as give way then it should be sign posted as not allowed for that intersection. That is how it works in the states, right turn of course.
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:45 pm

What we also need is a nationwide driving rules and testing system, so all you interstaters can learn how a hook turn is done and why they are there.
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:

I hope you don't run with this as a justification for filtering (which I support). These vehicles look like they're parked and the dunnydore has knocked the bike over.
This is why I park on the footpath 99% of the time but I'm in Vic and can do that unless a sign says otherwise (rare).
He wasn't parked, he was stopped and the Commonwhore hit him from behind
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:43 pm

madmax wrote:

Or do like I do - only turn it on when your stealing stuff  Cool
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 28 Jan 2016, 4:02 pm

#Tag wrote:
madmax wrote:

Or do like I do - only turn it on when your stealing stuff  Cool

Shhh...........

besides, I'd forget.....
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 16 Mar 2016, 1:04 pm

It's a start, some of the changes have been passed and will be in force soon

http://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/tzt/safe_road_users/motorcyclists/motorcycle_helmet_laws_are_changing

SA Government wrote:

Media Release - 8 March 2016

South Australia to introduce new motorcycle helmet standards

Road Safety Minister Peter Malinauskas has announced that ECE 22.05 standard helmets will soon be able to be worn by motorcyclists in South Australia.
“Choosing the best motorbike helmet in terms of crash worthiness and fit can substantially reduce chances of acquiring a brain injury in the event of a crash,” Mr Malinauskas said.
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (ECE) 22.05 was developed from an in depth study of head injuries to motorcycle riders and is used in Europe and many other countries around the world.
“Until recently, Commonwealth consumer protection laws prevented these helmets from being sold in Australia.
“Now that ECE 22.05 standard helmets can be legally sold, the South Australian Government will update our laws so that these helmets can be worn here,” Mr Malinauskas said.
The Road Traffic (Miscellaneous) Regulations 2014 will also be updated to remove from the list of approved helmet standards, all standards and models pre-dating 1988.
Current provisions allowing a bicycle helmet to be used by a motorcycle passenger under the age of six years will also be removed.
11 motorcyclists were killed and more than 100 were seriously injured on South Australian roads in 2015.
The introduction of ECE 22.05 Standard motorcycle helmets and the removal of outdated standards both bolster the safety of motorcycle riders and promote consistency with the majority of Australian states and territories.
The laws are expected to come into effect by May 2016. 
Please note that the changes to regulation 51 in the Road Traffic (Miscellaneous) Regulations 2014 have not yet been formalised and it is still illegal to use ECE 22.05 standard helmets on our State’s roads at this time.  Another announcement about the date of the legislation’s commencement will be made as soon as that date is known.
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Wed 16 Mar 2016, 4:10 pm

I was in Brisbane last week waiting for a bus on the north side if the city.

I saw several dozen very narrow escapes in less than 10 minutes.

These were riders in T shirts and sneakers pushing their way through the traffic in death defying manoeuvres which I wouldn't even consider.

A truck in one lane with a bus in the other (both moving at probably half the speed limit) and these highly motivated riders travelling between them.

They were mostly on little sports bikes, anything wider would not have fitted in the gaps.

I also spotted a couple of scooter riders doing similar things.

I reckon some were so close you would need a feeler gauge to measure the gap.

Surely this is not what lane filtering is all about.

Not for this little black duck. Shocked
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next