Maybe ........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maybe ........

Post  gus on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 8:39 am

its not "just me" after all . For ages now ive been disappointed with the Suzuki's  range of bikes . A range of bizarre looking cruisers and 4 cyl bikes
in slightly different plastic wrapping . Even the Busa is looking dated in my opinion .(worthless Laughing )
Looking at sales figures in M\Trader  does not make me feel ive got it wrong.
Top Ten ,Motorcycle sales----No Suzi
Top Ten ,road bike sales -----No Suzi
Top Ten Sports bikes ------ 7th, 259 Sales . Top, Honda cbr500r 1946 Sales  Yes ,1687 more.
Top Ten Naked------ No Suzi
Top Ten ,Cruisers -------No Suzuki .

There used to be a time I would look forward to a new model .Been a while now though .
Get a new design team before its to late please .
Page 12 in Trader shows a 588cc Twin with forced injection which looks interesting from the side view .Trouble is ,it probably got a huge radiator
in the front to spoil it .
Maybe I'm at that age when bikes are not as good as they used to be because that's the feeling I'm getting . confused
P.S Please don't attempt to convince me a V-Strom is attractive . Neutral

Suzuki used to make bolts like this , what happened ?
gus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe ........

Post  2wheelsagain on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 10:47 am

I'm hearing you Gus.
While I'll always be a Suzuki fan at heart the bikes they're producing just dont grab me except for 1 and thats the M109R.
Why cant they make a bike as pretty as the Benelli range even if it doesnt have all the good expensive bits?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
2wheelsagain
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Truck bandit on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 10:48 am

I do agree.
I think Suzuki are slow in the upgrades of bikes.
I know they have economic issues to deal with but they are a company and should be able to produce new machines every few years.
The Hyabusa has had upgrades but if you look back over the evolution of bikes like the R1, they have changed a lot but also remained the same in a certain sense.

Another way of looking at it is that current Suzuki owners keep their bikes for longer periods of time and don't upgrade as much as the other brands??? (Just thinking??)

I think the GSX-R range are quite good looking bikes and you can the the evolution of the look through the years, each to their own I suppose.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:52 pm

Thank goodness they don't.  That, apart from the length,  looks like the swing arm Pivot bolt on my long since disposed of SP400.   It broke!   

Oops, that was interesting.  It went a just bit wonky on the road, BUT being a Suzuki was easy to get the replacement part

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 9:13 pm

Not sure what the answer is here ..........any company which stagnates is sure to be left behind ,but new model for new model sake can also be disastrous . Competition should theoretically dictate companies will move ahead  ( provided funds are available , or they have a niche market cornered ) , but sometimes resting on their laurels i.e. the " Mighty Bandit " will eventually wear thin as well .
 Personally I don't like the look of a lot of the new offerings available in both the bike or car / 4WD categories (I must be getting old as well Gus LOL ) so would have trouble choosing something " new age " any way ,so would probably buy conservative or retro .
Maybe Suzuki have seen how Harley have been on a winner sticking to basically the same format & decided to give it a try  lol!

It is interesting that an entry level / commuter ( 300 Kawasaki ) was the top road bike and top motorcycle in sales in that same article....................

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm

I'm starting to notice the Re-Released Savage LS 650 Now called S40 Boulevard. It makes a lot of sense.  Simplicity on a stick.  

Carburetted (single carby), Wet Sump, air cooled, belt drive, 173 kg, "square" engine dimensions, Screw&nut type tappet adjustment.  What can go wrong? 

Of course, it might be better if it made 45 hp instead of the paltry 31, and it would be better with chain drive so you could fiddle with the drive ratio to suit.  10.5 litres of fuel?  The people who ride these are not going to ride them far. 

Here is a bike that deserves a look from the old farts who need something that will accommodate that bad hip or dodgy knees just to stay on a bike a few more years, or the wannbe bad arses on Ls.  There would be some satisfying punch from the engine up to a point, but it is doomed somewhat with the wet sump precluding the possibility of adding oil cooling, though with 8.5 compression, and plain-jane Mikuni Carburetion, there'd be easy scope for some improvement in power.  It'll never be a revver, but could be an awesome chugga-chugga.  Shame about the belt drive.  

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.  I hope it does OK.  I could see one of those in 10 years.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 12:51 am

I couldn't give two shits about new models. I am still pretty happy with my bandit. It does everything I want. honda make new bikes and most of them are boring heaps of shit, I think we are spoilt for choice these days.
reddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm

I don`t know if I`m just ignorant, but I never really look at other bikes when I`m riding.

I`m more concerned about either watching traffic, or enjoying myself, cause I`m on two, instead of four.

I do on the other hand like to test ride new bikes all the time, not so much for who`s got the better brand, but more in terms of the way their all going tech savvy, which is one thing that I totally hate in a bike, but that is the cycle of life unfortunately.

I don`t want the latest bling, just simple reliable engineering, that is easy to maintain, as the air/oil cooled Bandits are.

After owning one so far for almost 12yrs, I have taylored it to suit myself, but can`t say that I have ever had a major problem with it, that has made me re-think ever buying it.

No electronics to stuff up.
Never had starter motor problems like the water cooled.
Never had a fuel pump problem, as it doesn`t have one.
I know one rider on here, had a minor problem with the cooling system crystalizing or something of the effect.

I get on it, push the starter, and it has always started first hit, and has never broken down, after riding quiet a lot of K`s in that 12yrs.

if I want to ride a new bike, I just go for a test ride on a new one, and get that stupid thought out of my system about buying a new one.
mtbeerwah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum