Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crossroad

4 posters

Go down

The Crossroad Empty The Crossroad

Post  truck Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:31 am

I was given this book for Fathers Day. My kids asked me what sort of books I liked to read and I said I had read a few auto biographies ( or should that be biographies?) of NRL football players, boxers etc so I asked for something by a politician. My Kids got me The Crossroad by Mark Donaldson, VC.

Excellent reading about a youngish man whose life really could have gone in any direction. It tells you of where he came from, his younger life stories, about losing his father at a young age, and mothers tragic disappearance, life decisions he made and how he ended up in the "Regiment".
He sounded to me like he needed a kick up the back side in his early days, but in spite of all of that, he to me at least had good basic values in standing up for the down trodden while trying to ensure a higher quality life for all.

I am not the analytical type person but I enjoyed this book, my wife is now reading it and I recommend it as good reading.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

The Crossroad Empty Re: The Crossroad

Post  Truck bandit Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:40 am

Full respect to all the VC recipients.

They do and display courage and bravery and the qualities of a human that we can only dream of so that we can all live in this fantastic and free country!

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:49 am

The Crossroad Mark_d10
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:58 am

Yea bloody good read that.
Ghostbandit