Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My secondary butterfly experiance

+5
Dekenai
spike47
Reardo
madmax
V17R
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 Empty My secondary butterfly experiance

Post  V17R Wed 06 Aug 2014, 6:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

after reading all the post here decided I would do it, I went and bought the correct pozi drive bit set.
Got the throttle body off without any dramas and left the throttle cable hooked up just hung the throttle body off the side off the bike like I read here
First drama the screwdriver size wasn't correct it was a #0 phillips, second drama couldn't heat up the locktite enough with a soldering gun using a Infrared thermometer I could only get 110deg C
so I used my 1600w heat gun which took it to 260deg in about 10secs. Using the phillips head they came out easily then, no damaged heads ect.
Got it all back together fired up straight away and took it for a ride. I also pulled the air snorkel off.
There is no doubt the improvement is significant, smoother throttle control more mid range and a stronger top end.
I thought she ran smooth before but its much better now, dragstrip results will tell the true improvement

As others have said take them out, nothing to fear except more power!

My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 <a href=My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 CAM004781_zps8db27860" />

My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 CAM004731_zps8c842a3f
My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 CAM004761_zps81382541

V17R

Back to top Go down

My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 Empty Re: My secondary butterfly experiance

Post  spike47 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 8:36 pm

V17R wrote:sounds like you didn't have too many dramas 
hope to see you riding around the coast

The biggest drama I had was when I went to use my cordless drill (to drill out the rounded out screw heads) and discovered it was fu*ked and refused to work, Evil or Very Mad It was over 10 years old so I treated myself to a new one and then drilled to success!

Anyway, look forward to tearing it up around CC real soon...cheers.

Back to top Go down

My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 Empty Re: My secondary butterfly experiance

Post  madmax Fri 24 Oct 2014, 7:46 am

Well done Spike.
Not all that hard really. Although with you guys stripping heads I have to wonder if it was because you were using Philips screwdrivers? The screws are JIS, I splurged on a small set from the US

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  spike47 Fri 24 Oct 2014, 8:28 am

madmax wrote:Well done Spike.
Not all that hard really. Although with you guys stripping heads I have to wonder if it was because you were using Philips screwdrivers? The screws are JIS, I splurged on a small set from the US

Thanks Maxy. The probability of not stripping the heads would have been greatly reduced if I used a JIS. However in my case I think that I didn't heat the screws up as much as the other six, which came out with no effort whatsoever using my $2 shop micro drivers. This is because my cheap butane micro torch was playing up and randomly extinguishing itself, which just happened to coincide with the ones that I rounded off and I was too lazy to reheat properly. Sirry Irriot! Mad

So, to really nail this task and to minimise round offs you need JIS drivers and heat screws for about 5-8 secs max (if using flame) and it should be ok......if not then drill the fuc*ers out. haha

Cheers,
Spike47

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 24 Oct 2014, 10:32 am

I ordered a set of JIS from the states but was too impatient to wait for the postie so used a cheap Jaycar screwdriver and butane torch, no problems with any of the screws.  So yes I agree, the trick is the amount of heat to get the blue locktite to let go.

My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 Img_1911

PS The JIS set arrived the next day Smile

My secondary butterfly experiance - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  spike47 Fri 24 Oct 2014, 8:36 pm

Well. took her for a test ride this arvo just to see if there would be a noticeable difference and I can honestly say that I was blown away with the mid to upper pull this bike now has. I was gonna get Holeshot stage two for the bike but now i'm having second thoughts.......we'll see.

Spike47

Back to top Go down

Post  kurt999 Sat 25 Oct 2014, 1:45 am

I pulled mine a while ago, having already fitted a Powercommander with a map from the website, a Scorpion race can and an K&N filter. The difference is amazing, loads more go through the mid and upper end and no loss of bottom end pull. I've just ordered a set of Arrow race headers and a Dynojet  Autotune and i'm hoping for even more awesomeness!!

However I've just seen the new Suzuki GSX-S1000 and I'm thinking I may switch bikes next year

kurt999

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2