New member Adelaide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New member Adelaide

Post  sdk777 on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:19 am

Hi all just bought a black 2013 GSX 1250 FA first registered Jan 14 with 350 k's on the clock. Previously bought a 2009 GSX 650F with 8k's on the clock great bike but frame just a bit too small for me. Have only done about 65 ks on the new bike but loving it and the seat height makes a huge difference. Intend to change the standrd exaust as soon as I can afford it.
avatar
sdk777

Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-07-20
Age : 62
Location : Perth WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  paul on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:51 am

Welcome to the forum sdk777 what part of adelaide are you from ?  Very Happy ( it doesn't sound like your bike had much use )

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7032
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  reddog on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:55 am

Welcome to the forum. The 650 and 1250 are nigh on the same bar the motor and the seat. The 1250 has so much torque that you won't need to be revving the motor like the 650 though
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2429
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  Cal on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 11:05 am

@reddog wrote:Welcome to the forum. The 650 and 1250 are nigh on the same bar the motor and the seat. The 1250 has so much torque that you won't need to be revving the motor like the 650 though
Shhh, that's what he told his wife to get the new bike!  Twisted Evil

Welcome, good to see another SA member.

Paul, we need to do a run soon!
avatar
Cal

Posts : 351
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 44
Location : Strathalbyn South Aust.

View user profile http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  madmax on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 11:35 am

Welcome to the forum

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3950
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 54
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  Ewok1958 on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 11:54 am

Welcome sdk777. You're going to have a heap of fun as you put some decent kms on her.
avatar
Ewok1958

Posts : 3774
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Bemboka, NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  sdk777 on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm

@paul wrote:Welcome to the forum sdk777 what part of adelaide are you from ?  Very Happy ( it doesn't sound like your bike had much use )
From Blakeview. Originally wanted the 1250 but couldn't justify the cost. This one came up at a good price with only 350km the owner came from the UK bought the bike and then his wife wanted to go back so he had to sell. His loss my gain. Am moving back to WA in 3 weeks.
avatar
sdk777

Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-07-20
Age : 62
Location : Perth WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  paul on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 12:12 pm

@sdk777 wrote:
@paul wrote:Welcome to the forum sdk777 what part of adelaide are you from ?  Very Happy ( it doesn't sound like your bike had much use )
From Blakeview. Originally wanted the 1250 but couldn't justify the cost. This one came up at a good price with only 350km the owner came from the UK bought the bike and then his wife wanted to go back so he had to sell. His loss my gain. Am moving back to WA in 3 weeks.
 Depending on where in WA , there are a few members over there as well ( I don't think they have bike heaven roads like in our Adelaide hills  over there though Razz  )

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 7032
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  sdk777 on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 1:26 pm

@Ewok1958 wrote:Welcome sdk777.  You're going to have a heap of fun as you put some decent kms on her.
Looking forward to it. Missing the sports muffler on my 650  Sad it sounded great this one sounds like a vacuum cleaner lol!! I want to add a few things as I can afford them i.e muffler, risers, mirror extenders, fender extender, radiator guard and possibly a tail tidy. would appreciate comments suggestions on best brands and places to buy etc. Would be interested to hear what other members have done to their bikes.
avatar
sdk777

Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-07-20
Age : 62
Location : Perth WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  sdk777 on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 1:30 pm

@paul wrote:
@sdk777 wrote:
@paul wrote:Welcome to the forum sdk777 what part of adelaide are you from ?  Very Happy ( it doesn't sound like your bike had much use )
From Blakeview. Originally wanted the 1250 but couldn't justify the cost. This one came up at a good price with only 350km the owner came from the UK bought the bike and then his wife wanted to go back so he had to sell. His loss my gain. Am moving back to WA in 3 weeks.
 Depending on where in WA , there are a few members over there as well ( I don't think they have bike heaven roads like in our Adelaide hills  over there though Razz  )
I agree with you there. There are some great roads here. We are moving into the Swan Valley which is off Toodyay Rd from there there are some great runs up into the hills.
avatar
sdk777

Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-07-20
Age : 62
Location : Perth WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  Bosco15 on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm

Welcome to the forum,  Sdk. 
You've bought a damn fine bike. No doubt about it.  
With carefull maintenance and tlc you'll get another 350km out  her. No problem.   Razz

_________________
Some people are like slinkys. Not good for anything but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
avatar
Bosco15

Posts : 1357
Join date : 2013-12-04
Age : 48
Location : Newcastle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  2wheelsagain on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm

Welcome along.
I'd whack on a radiator guard first then one of the many exhaust cans available.  You won't get extra power from it but you'll save up to 12kg and that equals a few ponies.

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
MV Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6255
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  Hammy on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 5:59 pm

Howdy.

_________________
Non Compus Mentis.    "Not of Sound Mind" .
avatar
Hammy

Posts : 4446
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 58
Location : The Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  Kiwisteve on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 8:05 pm

G'day sdk all the 7s, welcome along

_________________
2006 1200s
Fast red one Very Happy
Delkevic can
Cruise n Comfort seat cover
avatar
Kiwisteve

Posts : 1419
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 54
Location : Coffs Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member Adelaide

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum