Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victoria to intorduce compulsory Hi Viz for learners from October

+13
Cal
dhula
Jimmy the Boy
Ewok1958
Hammy
gus
Chook
2wheelsagain
Speed Dealer
paul
barry_mcki
Jimcoleman
madmax
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Victoria to intorduce compulsory Hi Viz for learners from October - Page 2 Empty Victoria to intorduce compulsory Hi Viz for learners from October

Post  madmax Sat 05 Jul 2014, 3:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/media-centre/media-releases/9780-a-safer-start-on-the-roads-for-motorcyclists.html

Without any facts of figures the Victorian government has decided to introduce Hi Viz as a "Safety Strategy" as part of the new Graduated Licensing System

And you know these things will spread like a virus. Once introduced to learners, how long before it is forced upon the rest of us  Sad 

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Victoria to intorduce compulsory Hi Viz for learners from October - Page 2 Empty Re: Victoria to intorduce compulsory Hi Viz for learners from October

Post  Bosco15 Sat 19 Jul 2014, 5:12 am

dhula wrote:After all the BS my son has had to deal with in the last couple of days learning to ride on the road, I am seriously considering buying him and me/wife a proper hi-viz riding vest in an attempt to be as visible as possible.

For what it's worth, there are some interesting comments re hi-viz gear over on Stromtrooper

A couple of blue and red flashing lights glued to his bike would do the trick.  
I think that society is becoming blind to Hi-Vis due to its proliferation and omnipresence. But the adrenaline still kicks in when you see the blue and red, no matter what speed you are traveling at.

Back to top Go down

Victoria to intorduce compulsory Hi Viz for learners from October - Page 2 Empty Re: Victoria to intorduce compulsory Hi Viz for learners from October

Post  Kaupy1962 Tue 22 Jul 2014, 6:09 pm

I see a very simple solution to the visibility of motorcycle riders. It's been there since motorcycles were invented. They say that motorcyclists are hard to see. That's absolutely not true because the studies have been conducted wrong. An easy way to show whether motorcyclists are hard to see or not is to have the words "FUCK YOU PIGS" clearly printed front and back on your jacket, and I guarantee you'll be seen very quickly.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2