Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highest Paved Road in North America

4 posters

Go down

Highest Paved Road in North America Empty Highest Paved Road in North America

Post  doubleD Sun 29 Jun 2014, 11:42 am

Highest Paved Road in North America 100_0811
Highest Paved Road in North America 100_0810
I wanted to test my-new to me-2007 Bandit so I took the road to the top of the Rocky Mountains driving up Mt Evans Road (14130 feet).  June 2 was the first weekend the road was cleared of snow.  It was 18 degrees on top with a strong wind.  The Bike did fine. There was a deep pothole covered by melting snow.  I saw cars swing around it on the way up.  On the way down a pickup dropped a good foot into this hole and then jump up.  What a site!
It has been raining almost every day with hail and a few tornadoes thrown in. 
I cannot direct the photos where I want them.  They always seek top billing.

doubleD

Back to top Go down

Highest Paved Road in North America Empty Re: Highest Paved Road in North America

Post  barry_mcki Sun 29 Jun 2014, 1:42 pm

18° .... that's minus 8° in our money here in Oz......and we're complaining about our winters at 0° (or your +32°)  Embarassed    Mind you I did go for a dip in the Derwent last weekend for the winter solstice Laughing 

BTW, re placement of your photos, just move your cursor to where you want the photos to appear before you paste them.  I usually leave three lines then go back and put the cursor back on the middle line and then paste the photo.

Highest Paved Road in North America Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Highest Paved Road in North America Empty Re: Highest Paved Road in North America

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 29 Jun 2014, 4:22 pm

My PC also developed a mind of its own with phtos and would not do as Barry had posted. I had to insert the and go back and cut and paste them where I wanted them. You may have the same issues. No explananation for this.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 29 Jun 2014, 7:32 pm

barry_mcki wrote:18° .... that's minus 8° in our money here in Oz......and we're complaining about our winters at 0° (or your +32°)  Embarassed    Mind you I did go for a dip in the Derwent last weekend for the winter solstice Laughing 

BTW, re placement of your photos, just move your cursor to where you want the photos to appear before you paste them.  I usually leave three lines then go back and put the cursor back on the middle line and then paste the photo.

was that the nudie swim / saw it on the news ............what a " crack-up "   Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:22 pm

Funny you should say that - these are the "safety" hats we wore:

Highest Paved Road in North America Img_5311

Highest Paved Road in North America Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 29 Jun 2014, 9:46 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Funny you should say that - these are the "safety" hats we wore:

Highest Paved Road in North America Img_5311
 lol!  lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down