Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sargent seat

+15
Cal
kewwig
Speed Dealer
jstava
ilRazzo
gazzar
SuzySuzuki
Chook
Truck bandit
avandr
reddog
Bosco15
Hammy
madmax
2wheelsadam
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

seat - Sargent seat - Page 2 Empty Sargent seat

Post  2wheelsadam Tue 06 May 2014, 4:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Anybody that uses a sargent seat can you give me you opinion?what is the difference between stock and a sargent ? Angle,measurement difference, foam harder or softer, wider or narrower etc. thanks as I'm thinking if going this route instead of a gel cushion

2wheelsadam

Back to top Go down

seat - Sargent seat - Page 2 Empty Re: Sargent seat

Post  Cal Tue 13 May 2014, 9:17 pm

madmax wrote:
Chook wrote:
madmax wrote:
Awesome, I've been over and back several times myself by car, would love to take the bike across one year.
900 is way past my limit. I'd have to take more days
Give it a couple of years madmax and I'd do the Adelaide-Perth stretch with you, I'd actually like to complete the Adelaide-Perth-Darwin-Adelaide loop.

I like to limit my days to 750-800 km but if I have to a occasional 900 km day is not completely out of the question

Sounds like a plan  Smile 
Get to the wa/sa border 1st weekend in August for the border rally.....lots of old school riders on old machinery, bsa, matchless, norton etc. Great weekend, have done it twice. May get there next year too.
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 13 May 2014, 11:16 pm

Cal wrote:
madmax wrote:
Chook wrote:
madmax wrote:
Awesome, I've been over and back several times myself by car, would love to take the bike across one year.
Give it a couple of years madmax and I'd do the Adelaide-Perth stretch with you, I'd actually like to complete the Adelaide-Perth-Darwin-Adelaide loop.

I like to limit my days to 750-800 km but if I have to a occasional 900 km day is not completely out of the question

Get to the wa/sa border 1st weekend in August for the border rally.....lots of old school riders on old machinery, bsa, matchless, norton etc. Great weekend, have done it twice. May get there next year too.

I doubt I'll be doing this side of 2017

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Wed 14 May 2014, 4:58 pm

madmax wrote:
Cal wrote:
madmax wrote:
Chook wrote:
madmax wrote:

I doubt I'll be doing this side of 2017
it's been happening every year for the best part of 30 years... I don't know that the rally will stop any time soon, you still have time :)By the way if you are not aware of the rally, it's all about the pudding http://www.bmwmccvic.org.au/index.php/news-mainmenu-38/other-mainmenu-47/39-the-pudding
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

seat - Sargent seat - Page 2 Empty update on airhawk and seat

Post  2wheelsadam Thu 22 May 2014, 10:15 am

Well i bought a airhawk ds cruiser and have rode with it for about 500 km total. Have tried all different amounts of air in it and all i can say is i hate it. I am sending it back for a full refund. My butt is more sore with it then without it.  I think i will get a russell day long made for me over the winter.

2wheelsadam

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 22 May 2014, 11:57 am

When I rang AirHawk in South Australia, they recommended the AirHawk R for the Bandit seat.  

I just had a look on their Australian Site, and I couldn't find the Dual Sport listed, but I did see it over on the US Site.

Looking at the pictures of the DS it is a lot narrower at the front than the R.  I wonder if the problem is the DS is not wide enough ?

I'd suggest trying to swap for an R model before giving up on them altogether - it looks like the price is about the same (US$170 vs $179).

seat - Sargent seat - Page 2 R_0410
15.25" wide x 14" long

seat - Sargent seat - Page 2 Mail2010
11" wide x 11.5" long

seat - Sargent seat - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 22 May 2014, 12:22 pm

According to Airhawk Australian site they recommend the Medium Cruiser for the bandit front seat. Which is what I bought

http://www.airhawk.com.au/content.php?content_id=7

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 22 May 2014, 12:50 pm

The difference between the Medium and the R is the curved front - personally I think this curve fits the base of the tank better.  The Medium is still wider than the Dual Sport (14" x 14" verses 11"x11.5").

The bladder in the R only comes in Neoprene which is suppose to be a bit more robust and longer lasting than the Polyurethane.  You can get the Medium in both Neoprene and the slightly less expensive Polyurethane.

seat - Sargent seat - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  doubleD Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:10 am

seat - Sargent seat - Page 2 100_1911
This is my first experience with Sargent.  I have always used Corbin seats.  It is higher than stock.  It is softer than Corbin.
As you sit on it you sink down.  You will not need an Airhawk pad.  On Corbin seats I usually use a bead pad for long distant rides.  The rider pad's width is 13 inches and 12 inches for the passenger.  The passenger section is much better than the Corbin seat on my 2012 ZX14r. I have no experience of the Corbin seat on a Bandit.

doubleD

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Sun 29 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

This is why I love forums. The little nuggets of knowledge you can pick up.

I've had a Sargent on the bike for 5 years and never noticed the storage compartment under it.

Thanks reddog.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  GSXChris Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:06 am

I have a Sergeant high profile seat, and while I find it more comfortable than stock seat, I do sometimes wish I could slide back about another centimetre or two.  I'm 6'2" and it does feel a little bit like I'm being forced to sit forward on the edge of bench.  While taking it to be reapolstered might be an option, it might mean less room for a passenger. Perhaps there is a better seating option for me?  Has anyone else had similar experiance?
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum