Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandit Tyres / Panniers

+4
jstava
Tsim
Hammy
Pieto
8 posters

Go down

Bandit Tyres / Panniers Empty Bandit Tyres / Panniers

Post  Pieto Wed 19 Mar 2014, 8:49 am

Morning all,
Have a  2012 Bandit 1250S - my first - love it.
Couple of things :-
Tyres - will be lucky to get 10K out of the OEM Dunlop Sportmax tyres - any recommendations for my next set ?
Panniers - Top Box - have fitted an older Givi 47 L topbox that I had lying around - just had to buy the mounting arms. Would like to fit panniers - preferably Givi. Thinking rear blinkers would need to be relocated to accommodate ?.
Bike already has aftermarket Yoshi pipe. Any recommendations on type of panniers / mounting system ?
Cheers
Pieto   Laughing

Pieto

Back to top Go down

Bandit Tyres / Panniers Empty Re: Bandit Tyres / Panniers

Post  Hammy Wed 19 Mar 2014, 8:58 am

Hi Pieto.  Please go to the "introduction"  topic first.  Tell us a bit about yourself and then start asking questions.   Very Happy

To answer your question on tyres. I am pretty certain that there has been no negative feedback on the Michi' PR3's. Now they have a PR4.  I had the 3s on mine and loved em.  The 4s are supposed to have better wearing in the centre. More a sport touring tyre.  But tyres always come down to personal preference.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsim Wed 19 Mar 2014, 7:22 pm

To answer your question on tyres. I am pretty certain that there has been no negative feedback on the Michi' PR3's. Now they have a PR4.  I had the 3s on mine and loved em.  The 4s are supposed to have better wearing in the centre. More a sport touring tyre.  But tyres always come down to personal preference.

I have had the PR3's and loved them, great tyre.
I have the New Angel GTs at the moment, and I think they are a step up from the PR3s, but no idea on the PR4s though
Tsim
Tsim

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Wed 19 Mar 2014, 7:57 pm

Love my PR3s.  

Have heard good things about Angels, but have no experience.  Why would I change?

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 19 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm

I have PR3s and so far so good.

Givi V35 panniers with PLX-539 side mount kit.

Click here Suzi now has a big arse

Yes you will need to relocate your indicators

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Pieto Fri 21 Mar 2014, 7:32 am

Thanks madmax.

Looks good.

Pieto

Pieto

Back to top Go down

Post  Truck bandit Tue 25 Mar 2014, 8:57 am

I've got the first set of Metzeler M5 Sportec on at the moment and have put 6500kms on them with hardly an incling of the centre squaring off.
This has involved 2 trips down to Phillip Island in Jan / Feb this year from Wollongong, loaded with some bags on the back. I reckon there is atleast another 6000km left in them, as long as I ride moderately on them, I haven't been giving them a hard time, that being said i haven't been putting around either.

The standard Dunlops supplied from Factory were terrible and barely lasted 5000km. Not much feel from them either.

The Metzelers are a bit sporty but have faired very well in any wet weather I have encountered and not given me any heart starting moments. Some sketchy road surfaces have been tested and they stoof up well!

Give em a go.

Back to top Go down

Post  SolomonKane Tue 25 Mar 2014, 12:36 pm

Welcome to the forum mate.

I ride a 2008 Bandit 1250S.

Have had a pair of PR3s for over a year and they're brilliant! Excellent in all weather.

Also have Givi side panniers with top box and yes I had to relocate the rear indicators. It was surprisingly easy to do. I have the V35s too because I scored an excellent deal. As far as I'm aware I don't like big butts but I think my Bandit looks great from all angles.

If you go for the Givi feel free to PM me. I came across a supplier with rock bottom prices but as I didn't use them haven't posted their details on the forum. I'll have to search for the details but I think I still have them.

Where are you based? If in Brisbane can recommend Team Moto Moorooka and Oliver's Motorcycles for competitive pricing on tyres and Givi racks.
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 25 Mar 2014, 7:25 pm

I have the Givi V35 side cases and they are an excellent fit.  The Givi racks require the indicators to be relocated to a small bracket under the numberplate light.  You can also get the OEM Suzuki racks that are similar but have indicator mounts on the upper rack.  Much more visible and no wobbling.

The Givi racks show here: http://kewwibike.blogspot.co.nz/2011/04/indicators-and-givi-v35s.html

Suzuki racks and options here: http://kewwibike.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/can-you-fit-givi-topbox-to-gsf1250-oem.html

I have the part numbers and options for both setups.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 25 Mar 2014, 9:43 pm

Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to make up a pair of brackets to emulate the Suzuki indicator mount

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down