Good rides from gladstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good rides from gladstone

Post  jeeringjason72 on Mon 03 Feb 2014, 12:49 am

Does anyone know of good roads to ride from Gladstone QLD that are 800 to 1000km maximum round trip? (ie; can be completed in a day)
jeeringjason72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good rides from gladstone

Post  jeeringjason72 on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 8:22 am

Well I've done a few rides in the area now and the ride I found to be the best for a day trip is the Gladstone to Biloela  to Cainia gorge to Monto to Many peaks to Gladstone loop, it does have about 25 km of good dirt road just b4 Many peaks, but the bandit handled it easily. The ride takes about 5-6 hours, that includes a few rest stops. 
A lot of roads are dead straight for hours up here but this loop Isnt too bad with quite a few fast mountain sweepers but watch out for cattle on the road when going in to Cainia gorge and on the dirt section near Many peaks!
Feel free to pm me if your in the area and I can tag along or if I'm working show you how the way round and where to get good coffee (Cainia gorge caravan prk) or ice cold beer/soft drinks (Many peaks pub)
Really watch out for cattle they can just as easily run in front of you when startled as any other direction affraid

Holeshot.com bandit 1250 stage 2 modifications, with Delkevic headers
             Twisted Evil WOW Twisted Evil  
...goodbye licence...
jeeringjason72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 10:22 pm

Hi mate.

Not a lot of good rides in the area really.

You`ve probably found "the ride" to do from Gladstone.  You can also, after hitting Bilo, head to Mt Morgan from Bilo, and work your way back to the hi-way, just south of Rocky, and back to Glad.

You can also go to Byfields national park, just north of Yeppoon, but there is a lot of hi-way in that trip getting there.
mtbeerwah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:06 am

G'day Jason and MtB,

I moved from Mackay to Hervey Bay around 18 months ago.

One compelling reason being the stupidity of Mackay drivers so much so that I was seriously considering selling my bike for fear of death on the roads.

Hervey Bay by contrast is a delight to ride in. A lot less traffic and more often than not people will wave to let you in to a traffic lane. An old fashion value which I thought had completely disappeared.

The amount of bikes in Hervey Bay has astounded me.

I ride at least every Monday and Friday and sometimes more.

We have a meet up every Friday for coffee where no less than 30, sometimes 40 riders get together. The bikes range from a BSA Bantam to a ZX14 Ninja ridden by a 76 year old guy. He also has a GSX-R1000 which he rides occasionally.

Anyway, what was I writing about, oh yes! some of the rides around here.

Most Mondays we go for a ride a little further out of town, Tin Can Bay, Rainbow Beach, Mount Perry and Paradise Dam being some of the more recent ones.

I can recommend Mount Perry and Paradise Dam to you if you enjoy roads with a few "twisties".

Last  Monday we rode to Paradise Dam. The bikes on the day were Honda Blackbird, BMW 1300R, M109, Kawasaki Versys, Honda Deauville and my CBR650. A bit of a mixed bag.

For more sedate riding choose Mundubbera, Eidsvold, Monto etc.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 4:57 pm

Hi Dave,

Yeah done the Paradise dam ride a few times.

First time was 8yr ago in a group ride, where we got air time over some of the crests, which scared the hell out of me when not expecting it.   Yes, a bit above the speed limit to achieve that.

It is a nice piece of road, but got to go along way for a short bit of excitement. Well worth doing though.
mtbeerwah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum