Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Races - Classic Roads

3 posters

Go down

Classic Races - Classic Roads Empty Classic Races - Classic Roads

Post  Truck bandit Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:32 am

I left Wollongong on Tuesday morning in misty drizzle and decided to hook it onto the Hume Hwy and before I knew it, I'd arrived at Parliament House in Canberra. I didn't feel like dealing with too many corners in miserable conditions and I hadnt been to Canberra in a while.
On down the Monaro Hwy in beautiful sunshine had me take off the wet weathers. I stopped at Cooma to Fuel up and have a drink and then on through Nimmitabel and Bombala and then the great corners just before Cann River. I saw the ROAD CLOSED signs from the fires they'd had at Club Terrace but luckily they were open when I went through. I just cruised all the way into Lakes Entrance and after 683kms on the bike, I was ready for that ice cold schooner at the RSL.
I went fishing the next day as a bit of R and R and ended up only feeding the fish, but it was great fun anyway.
I got on the road about 8am on Thursday heading to the Island to beat the heat, up around Mirboo North and Leongatha is magnificent scenery and rolling countryside.
Racing starting out in drizzly rain till lunch on Friday but it was a chance to soak up the life in the pits and see some amazing bikes. Nortons, Triumphs, BSA, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda were all there along with some big names like Giles, McWilliams, McGuiness, Phillis, Martin, Donald amongst others.
It was non-stop action all weekend and Saturday / Sunday were bathed in sunshine, the Aussies won the battle against the UK, USA and NZ teams.
The sounds and smells of the bikes were sensational and if you haven't been before, I recommend this for any bike enthusiast.
A few too many beers at night and a pizza or two helped me put on a few kilos but it's all worth it.
I left the Island at 8am and headed back to Eden for the night, it was very warm round bairnsdale and Sale but nearing Cann River and Eden, the breeze picked up and cooled me down. A few dead goannas and roos on the road were evident that it had been quite dry in the area.
Tuesday my trip from Eden to Wollongong was OK, I usually head up the Bege Valley through Bemboka - Brown Mountain - Cooma - Canberra but i decided to stay on the Princes Hwy. What a mistake that was, the MOSCOW CIRCUS had just left town in Batemans Bay and I was stuck behind a massive convoy of them into Nowra.
I was glad to have a quick squirt through Jamberoo to release some anger and all in all had a wonderful trip to see the Island Classic Races.
A bit of BUG OFF on the bandit removed all the bug and fly guts i'd accumulated and by yesterday afternoon, the Bandit was spotless again.

Now for the World Superbikes in 2 weeks time...................

Back to top Go down

Classic Races - Classic Roads Empty Re: Classic Races - Classic Roads

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 30 Jan 2014, 12:43 pm

Nice - and a repeat in two weeks time as you say.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 30 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm

Sounds like a great trip .....................lucky bugger  Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content