Saturday Night Riders - Sydney

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saturday Night Riders - Sydney

Post  ch12matt on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

I belong to a group called Saturday Night Riders (find us on facebook). Saturday nights we leave from five dock shell (the one with kfc and officeworks) arrive at 7.30 departing 8pm sharp. The rides usually consist a 2 hour ride finishing somewhere for food and coffee. This weekend I have organised the ride which will finish at manly Via mccars creek road. Come down and say hello (ill be on a blue and white gsx650f with flashing lights).

Matthew

ch12matt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saturday Night Riders - Sydney

Post  paul on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm

I think a night ride is a great idea ..........I don't know about you lot , but as a youth , I spent a great deal of my time cruising up & down Rundle st ( now a mall ) , hanging out at Glenelg , Burger King  etc &  hooning around & generally causing some " innocent " havoc ............................seems to me like  a night ride with some mates is  pretty tame , healthy entertainment .

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 8:43 pm

@Jimmy the Boy wrote:OOHHHH!!! I didn't know that. I was actually thinking of yours and Daves mate. I didn't see Hammys as he was always in front of me.

He he hee, no one could see my super bright light (not Crying or Very sad ) I was in front all the way to Bathurst!  Razz 

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 8:46 pm

@paul wrote:I think a night ride is a great idea ..........I don't know about you lot , but as a youth , I spent a great deal of my time cruising up & down Rundle st ( now a mall ) , hanging out at Glenelg , Burger King  etc &  hooning around & generally causing some " innocent " havoc ............................seems to me like  a night ride with some mates is  pretty tame , healthy entertainment .

Bloody hell, I was in Adelaide in the 80s, & Rundle was a mall then!  
When you were a youth your bike would've been all of 12 hp wouldn't it Paul  Razz 

Kiwisteve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 9:43 pm

@Kiwisteve wrote:
@paul wrote:I think a night ride is a great idea ..........I don't know about you lot , but as a youth , I spent a great deal of my time cruising up & down Rundle st ( now a mall ) , hanging out at Glenelg , Burger King  etc &  hooning around & generally causing some " innocent " havoc ............................seems to me like  a night ride with some mates is  pretty tame , healthy entertainment .

When you were a youth your bike would've been all of 12 hp wouldn't it Paul  Razz 

LOL , I've got a few years on you mate  Laughing  . We had a mob called the rundle street cowboys back then as well  ( bikies , & before broke back mountain LOL ), Gleneng was awash with youths , as was Brighton ( until we were " run outa town " LOL ) &my mob ,dominated the Darlington burger King ( Anzac highway was already spoken for   Laughing  ) & we also used to take our records there to play over their piped music ( Beatles , Master apprentices ,Creedence etc ) instead of their elevator music ..................  .My first bike was a jawa 250 californian , & I think 12 HP would have been down a hill mode  lol!  Did you live here ? & if so where ?, I grew up in Edwardstown .

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy on Sat 11 Jan 2014, 5:09 am

@paul wrote:
@Kiwisteve wrote:

LOL , I've got a few years on you mate  Laughing  . We had a mob called the rundle street cowboys back then as well  ( bikies , & before broke back mountain LOL ), Gleneng was awash with youths , as was Brighton ( until we were " run outa town " LOL ) &my mob ,dominated the Darlington burger King ( Anzac highway was already spoken for   Laughing  ) & we also used to take our records there to play over their piped music ( Beatles , Master apprentices ,Creedence etc ) instead of their elevator music ..................  .My first bike was a jawa 250 californian , & I think 12 HP would have been down a hill mode  lol!  Did you live here ? & if so where ?, I grew up in Edwardstown .
Good memories eh Paul ?     Bet you was the local " Fonz "    Laughing
Hammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy on Sat 11 Jan 2014, 8:38 am

Eeeeeeehhhhhh, I can dig that. Had his office in the Burger King toilets. Very cool. 

Where as you on the other hand Hammy would have been the Ralph Malph of Fortitude Vally.  geek  geek  Laughing
Jimmy the Boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve on Sat 11 Jan 2014, 9:14 am

@paul wrote:
@Kiwisteve wrote:

Yep, I lived down your way for a couple of years in the late 80s. I was out West Lake area first up. From there I moved out toward Salisbury in a caravan park next to the White Horse Inn on the Port Wakefield rd. Handy place for a single young bloke to live!  Very Happy . They used to do a great cheap feed on Tuesdays at the White Horse.

Oops, sorry about the thread hijack Matt

Kiwisteve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 3:47 am

Where is this Saturday nights ride to, Matt?
Any update on your last adventure?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 7:45 am

I used to ride at night..until my fellow girl rider came a dropper of her bike, in front of me, carted off in ambulance all banged up. It's not something I wanna see again. City riding at night would be better than country anyday. At least you'd only have to dodge cats and dogs, not friggin foxes, rabbits and the odd sheep, cow or horse.

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[img]http://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gus on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 9:20 am

WE refuse to work Friday and Saturday nights (roadworks ) because of driver behaviour .The thought of riding my bike with them isn't any better .
Then again riding at night just isn't my thing
I'm sure there are gay people on this forum , lets not scare the off . Gay ,straight ,married ,single  who cares .
gus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 9:55 am

@gus wrote:
I'm sure there are people on this forum , lets not scare the off .

+1

We never heard from Matt again. 8-(

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 10:01 am

im lost. What has being gay got to do with riding at night? OMG! I was gay, and didn't know it??

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[img]http://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gus on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 10:27 am

I had to add my bit because there are people I work with (younger than me ) that believe
if you hang around with gay people you will " catch it " and turn gay .I thought that type of thinking ended 50 years ago . Long live the Easter Bunny though .
Back to night riding. AS i.ve said before ,i'll wave to you as you ride by
 my house as I'm having a coldie .
gus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ad on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:06 am

@ch12matt wrote:I belong to a group called Saturday Night Riders (find us on facebook). Saturday nights we leave from five dock shell (the one with kfc and officeworks) arrive at 7.30 departing 8pm sharp. The rides usually consist a 2 hour ride finishing somewhere for food and coffee. This weekend I have organised the ride which will finish at manly Via mccars creek road. Come down and say hello (ill be on a blue and white gsx650f with flashing lights).

Matthew
So whats the location and route this weekend Matthew?
Or is it all secretive until tomorrow afternoon?

Ad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 7:24 am

I don't know that Mathew frequents our forum anymore. 
I posted on Facebook asking him to keep us updated about Sat Night Riders, but......
I don't think that he got a very warm reception from some of us.  Crying or Very sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ad on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 10:29 am

@Bosco15 wrote:I don't know that Mathew frequents our forum anymore. 
I posted on Facebook asking him to keep us updated about Sat Night Riders, but......
I don't think that he got a very warm reception from some of us.  Crying or Very sad
Yes Bosco15, he hasn't adding anything since his original post. 
Their Saturday Night Riders website also hasn't run since it was put up. 
Might just show up tonight and see what its all about, but if its all "P" platers I don't think I will stay long.    bounce

Ad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 10:56 am

Nice one, Ad. 
You might scare some of them with your Bandit, lol.
I'm sure that it'll be fun, whatever the group is, they're all people with a common interest. Have fun.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum