Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FI light after Secondaries removal?

+3
Re-Cycled
kewwig
Boozer
7 posters

Go down

secondaries - FI light after Secondaries removal? Empty FI light after Secondaries removal?

Post  Boozer Tue 31 Dec 2013, 12:18 am

Hi Guys

I've just done a secondaries removal, and after a quick blast to test it out, the FI light came on for the first time ever. Then after I restarted the bike and cleared it, I rode off again and soon it then returned and was flashing? Stopped again and the light cleared and rode gently home. All up ride distance was around 8kms, but I was revving it hard?

I will access the service codes next time it happens and see where that leads me?

Bugger of a time for it to happen as I have a medium ride this week and a big ride in a few weeks time so need to get it sorted.

Any thoughts appreciated.. thanks  Smile
Boozer
Boozer

Back to top Go down

secondaries - FI light after Secondaries removal? Empty Re: FI light after Secondaries removal?

Post  kewwig Tue 31 Dec 2013, 5:25 am

Any other mods, such as a TFI. (Under certain circumstances dronong along for ages at 4000 RPM the light can come on but this doesn't sound like yours).

In almost every case it's a connector not seated.  Was there any misfire or idling difficulty accompanying it?
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

secondaries - FI light after Secondaries removal? Empty Re: FI light after Secondaries removal?

Post  Boozer Tue 31 Dec 2013, 9:25 am

kewwig wrote:Any other mods, such as a TFI. (Under certain circumstances dronong along for ages at 4000 RPM the light can come on but this doesn't sound like yours).

In almost every case it's a connector not seated.  Was there any misfire or idling difficulty accompanying it?

no.... seemed a little harder to start though?

Mods:- K&N, Yoshi, PC3 with one of their maps, O2 bypassed, pairs blocked, airbox opened up
Boozer
Boozer

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 31 Dec 2013, 12:34 pm

It'll be a connector if it was running ok prior to the secondaries coming out. Failing that, check the codes. They tell all!
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Boozer Tue 31 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm

ok ta

Just double checked everything and couldn't find anything wrong.... off on a ride for a few days now so I'll see how it goes

fingers crossed   pale 

I'll report back what I find

cheers
Boozer
Boozer

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 01 Jan 2014, 12:36 am

Boozer wrote:Hi Guys

I've just done a secondaries removal, and after a quick blast to test it out, the FI light came on for the first time ever. Then after I restarted the bike and cleared it, I rode off again and soon it then returned and was flashing? Stopped again and the light cleared and rode gently home. All up ride distance was around 8kms, but I was revving it hard?

I will access the service codes next time it happens and see where that leads me?

Bugger of a time for it to happen as I have a medium ride this week and a big ride in a few weeks time so need to get it sorted.

Any thoughts appreciated.. thanks  Smile

Huh? where you going at the weekend, Neil?

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsim Wed 01 Jan 2014, 1:01 am

Re-check everything, and properly. 
I thought I checked everything after posting a week ago, and then when pulled it all out I noticed a vacuum hose loose.......
It will be something simple, I am sure.
Tsim
Tsim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boozer Fri 03 Jan 2014, 6:39 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:

Huh? where you going at the weekend, Neil?

It's a secret.... much like the partner invitations for our AGM
Boozer
Boozer

Back to top Go down

Post  Boozer Fri 03 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

1300ks done and no return of the little red light   cheers 

Never found what the problem was.... just hope it doesn't return

Thanks for the advice guys
Boozer
Boozer

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 04 Jan 2014, 4:12 pm

I have a similar problem from time to time. I can just about bet it;s the O2 eliminator. If the bike gets hot it'll cause an FI light
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 04 Jan 2014, 11:41 pm

reddog wrote:I have a similar problem from time to time. I can just about bet it;s the O2 eliminator. If the bike gets hot it'll cause an FI light
+1

Only sometimes on long rides. Rolling Eyes  The first couple of rides that it happened on was really shit. 
But now if it happens. I just give every thing a quick look over and power on down the road!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 05 Jan 2014, 8:35 am

My FI light came on and kept flashing , on the way down to Cowra.  I had accidently flicked the kill switch when I was fiddling with the cruise control. When I flicked it back on and restarted the bike the light came on. It just reset itself when we pulled up and I turned the bike off and back on again.  That was the only time it has happened to me.  Damn Suzukis.  Time to look for another bike.  Embarassed  Twisted Evil   sorry.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:29 am

I just turn the key off whilst at speed with the clutch in, let all instruments lose power then turn it back on and drop the clutch. Fi light disappears.... Happy days Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down