Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

+7
Dekenai
Hammy
madmax
Ewok1958
reddog
Chief
avandr
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi - Page 2 Empty Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  avandr Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all just turning 60 in Jan and decided to buy a new bike to celebrate.
After lots of research I finally settled on a GSX1250FA as it suits my requirements to a tee.
The bike is 2012 model, has compliance 11/11
Just a quick question, how do I identify the make date as I am not sure if it is in fact 2012 or perhaps 2011 model?
Dealer swears that it is 2012.
One reason I am asking is that I am looking to replace the can with a Yoshimura R-77 and I can only find to fit 2011 , is it different to 2012?
One more question, are these made in Japan or China, or parts from Japan assembled in China?

Looking forward to the forum
Thanks in advance
Adrian Very Happy
avandr
avandr

Back to top Go down

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi - Page 2 Empty Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 14 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm

avandr wrote:Thanks for all you input guys, I will need to go the Yoshi can asap as my right heel locking under the std one every time I hop on.
Cheers
Adrian
The bend in the link pipes will be the same.
What do you mean exactly?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi - Page 2 Empty Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Dekenai Thu 14 Nov 2013, 6:26 pm

reddog wrote:Haha.  It's personal choice to be honest mate. As for the exhaust being too long, do what my brother did on his ZX7 and cut the carbon muffler shorter with an angle grinder. Just mark it with masking tape and cut with a thin cutting disk Smile
Well that's a relief!  Thought I might have to welcome Adrian to the site by feeling him up about a R77 carbon/carbon (which despite my libel now appears to have arrived at my local post office).  Could consider shortening the Megacycle (which has a few scars from a drop a few years ago) into a DIY race can with the masking tape (it I can prize it away from the hamster).Laughing
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  avandr Thu 14 Nov 2013, 6:36 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
avandr wrote:Thanks for all you input guys, I will need to go the Yoshi can asap as my right heel locking under the std one every time I hop on.
Cheers
Adrian
Just when I jump on and I lift my foot toward the peg my right heel seems to hit the can (not the pipe).Probably my technique as the pegs are more rearset than my last bike (Royal Enfield). Will get used to it, however still want a Yoshi pipe.
Cheers
Adrian
avandr
avandr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:35 pm

avandr wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Cheers
Adrian
Just when I jump on and I lift my foot toward the peg my right heel seems to hit the can (not the pipe).Probably my technique as the pegs are more rearset than my last bike (Royal Enfield). Will get used to it, however still want a Yoshi pipe.
Cheers
Adrian
Any can is better than the standard. Even a Baked Bean one. Have you got some pics of the Enfield ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  avandr Fri 15 Nov 2013, 7:09 am

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi - Page 2 C5_bul15
It's a 2012 C5 Classic Chrome 500. Fun bike, ok as a commuter around town, but on highway you would need to wring its neck to keep it at 100kph.
Wind & hills had a big effect. Cars would easily out accelerate me, so I found it quite dangerous hence the reason for the new purchase.
Guy who bought it flew to Melbourne from QLD and rode it home along the coast road.
Cheers
Adrian

Last edited by avandr on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
avandr
avandr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:40 am

avandr wrote:Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi - Page 2 C5_bul15
It's a 2012 C5 Classic Chrome 500. Fun bike, ok as a commuter around town, but on highway you would need to wring its neck to keep it at 100kph.
Wind & hills had a big effect. Cars would easily out accelerate me, so I found it quite dangerous hence the reason for the new purchase.
Guy who bought it flew to Melbourne from QLD and rode it home along the coast road.
Cheers
Adrian
It must have broke your heart to sell something that beautiful.  I love it.  Cam.  Put this on the calander !
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm

avandr wrote:Sorry Dekenai I should have asked where the bike is manufactured, a contact in Japan told me a lot of Suzuki bikes are now produced in China.
Cheers
Adrian
Check you bike's VIN, if it starts with a "J"  it was made in Japan, the second letter is the manufacturer, "S" = Suzuki

Mine is a 2011 model (bought new in 2012) and that was made in Japan, 1st 2 digits, JS..........

I see a lot of Hondas that start with a M, that indicates they were either made in India, Indonesia or Thailand, for a lot of them the 2nd digit isn't "H", it's often a "M" or "N" from memory suggesting Honda would have had another manufacturer build the bikes for them

If it was made in China it would start with a "L"
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:23 pm

Chook wrote:
avandr wrote:Sorry Dekenai I should have asked where the bike is manufactured, a contact in Japan told me a lot of Suzuki bikes are now produced in China.
Cheers
Adrian
Check you bike's VIN, if it starts with a "J"  it was made in Japan, the second letter is the manufacturer, "S" = Suzuki

Mine is a 2011 model (bought new in 2012) and that was made in Japan, 1st 2 digits, JS..........

I see a lot of Hondas that start with a M, that indicates they were either made in India, Indonesia or Thailand, for a lot of them the 2nd digit isn't "H", it's often a "M" or "N" from memory suggesting Honda would have had another manufacturer build the bikes for them

That's interesting & handy to know Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  avandr Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

Chook wrote:
Cheers
Adrian

Great I have the JS prefix, makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for the confirmation Very Happy 
My Royal Enfield was made in India, quality was pretty ordinary.
I support our company in Japan, we are involved in the printing & packaging industry, quality standards are extremely high, I am sure this can be said for the Suzuki company also.
Cheers
Adrian
avandr
avandr

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:20 pm

avandr wrote:
Chook wrote:
Cheers
Adrian

Great I have the JS prefix, makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for the confirmation Very Happy 
My Royal Enfield was made in India, quality was pretty ordinary.
I support our company in Japan, we are involved in the printing & packaging industry, quality standards are extremely high, I am sure this can be said for the Suzuki company also.
Cheers
Adrian
Luckily the Bandit/GSX is more than the sum of it's parts because its built very cheaply and to a price.
Still im keeping mine and selling a better bike. Go figure.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sat 16 Nov 2013, 5:23 am

2wheelsagain wrote:Luckily the Bandit/GSX is more than the sum of it's parts because its built very cheaply and to a price.
Still im keeping mine and selling a better bike. Go figure.
Would agree that it is more that the some of the parts (and haven't all of the great bikes been that way?). 

Guess that is why I have been prepared to spend the money to 'fix' some of the price-reducing corner-cutting; what you end up with is a bike that will hold it's own or better almost all road bikes in a wide range of situations.  Love thumping Ducati's Twisted Evil
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2