Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  avandr on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:04 am

Hi all just turning 60 in Jan and decided to buy a new bike to celebrate.
After lots of research I finally settled on a GSX1250FA as it suits my requirements to a tee.
The bike is 2012 model, has compliance 11/11
Just a quick question, how do I identify the make date as I am not sure if it is in fact 2012 or perhaps 2011 model?
Dealer swears that it is 2012.
One reason I am asking is that I am looking to replace the can with a Yoshimura R-77 and I can only find to fit 2011 , is it different to 2012?
One more question, are these made in Japan or China, or parts from Japan assembled in China?

Looking forward to the forum
Thanks in advance
Adrian Very Happy
avatar
avandr

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Chief on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:29 am

Welcome Adrian...........

Good choice for your Birthday. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

We always seem to do better when we buy our 'OWN' presents.

As far as I understand, if it is complianced as a 2011 THEN IT IS A 2011..............

On the right side just above the can, is the build plate. The date on that is THE "year of the bike".

Any other date mentioned is just dealer waffle. Sales Tricks.... It may have been in the showroom in 2012, but if it was built in 2011 then that is what it is.

The bikes are Jap made. I would be dissapointed if I found a 'Made In China' sticker somewhere...

Have fun with the bike. You will love it.

_________________
GSX1250fa
avatar
Chief

Posts : 70
Join date : 2013-02-13
Age : 47
Location : Lilydale, Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  reddog on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:58 am

An exhaust from any year Bandit 1250 will fit. Good choice of steed btw and welcome to the site.
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2400
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Ewok1958 on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:58 am

Welcome to the forum - and I'm sure you'll enjoy the Yoshi.
avatar
Ewok1958

Posts : 3764
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Bemboka, NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  madmax on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 1:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Adrian

Great choice, of course I'm biased.

I have a 05/11 GSX1250FA which of course is definitely a 2011 model. Yours is also a 2011 model however being so close to the end of the year it may have the 2012 update which is only different colours I believe, (I know there is a different blue colour with grey frame and side panels). Don't think there are any other "improvements"

The headers are the same I'd say Yoshi just haven't updated the listing.

_________________
2011 GSX1250FA in Candy Indy Blue
avatar
madmax

Posts : 3895
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 53
Location : Carrum Downs, Victoria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Hammy on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 1:09 pm

Hi Adrian and welcome aboard.  Great bike and your at a great site.  Just don't upset 2W. Laughing
avatar
Hammy

Posts : 4446
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 58
Location : The Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Dekenai on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 1:24 pm

Yoshi exhausts are made in the US of A.
avatar
Dekenai

Posts : 797
Join date : 2009-09-02
Location : Tuggers, ACT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  2wheelsagain on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 3:09 pm

Hammy wrote:Hi Adrian and welcome aboard.  Great bike and your at a great site.  Just don't upset 2W. Laughing
Hammy is skating on thin ice Laughing

Your bike is a 2011 bike but was built for the 2012 year The Bandit/GSX year starts in Oct so it depends on if you want the official year or the model year. Its in the dealers interest to call it a newer bike though isn't it.
The good news for you is there is no difference as far as the machine is concerned but you better insure it as a 2011.

Oh welcome Smile

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6222
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Jimmy the Boy on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 3:47 pm

G'day Adrian welcome, Suzuki release the next years bikes the previous November, it's been going on since Jesus got his for Christmas. So the dealer wasn't lying ( strange? ) but it is made in 2011. The Yoshi will fit and is the best pipe going, am I right Ewok?Very Happy
avatar
Jimmy the Boy

Posts : 803
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 48
Location : Wagga Wagga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  2wheelsagain on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 3:52 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:G'day Adrian welcome, Suzuki release the next years bikes the previous November, it's been going on since Jesus got his for Christmas. So the dealer wasn't lying ( strange? ) but it is made in 2011. The Yoshi will fit and is the best pipe going, am I right Ewok?Very Happy
No but as fun as an oil thread Laughing
Yoshi are too long in my opinion but they look better than Staintune. 
Even my 380mm Beowulf should be around the 300mm mark I reckon.

I might have some news on Monday Jimmy Wink

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6222
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  avandr on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 4:27 pm

Dekenai wrote:Yoshi exhausts are made in the US of A.
Sorry Dekenai I should have asked where the bike is manufactured, a contact in Japan told me a lot of Suzuki bikes are now produced in China.
Cheers
Adrian
avatar
avandr

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  paul on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm

Welcome Adrian....................maybe you should've bought a bus if you usually take the family with you  Laughing

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6996
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 65
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Dekenai on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:30 pm

avandr wrote:
Dekenai wrote:Yoshi exhausts are made in the US of A.
Sorry Dekenai I should have asked where the bike is manufactured, a contact in Japan told me a lot of Suzuki bikes are now produced in China.
Cheers
Adrian
No problem...actually have a R77 carbon/carbon inbound from the states atm.  According to the tracking it arrived in OZ yesterday, so, by the grace of Australia post should be here by end on the month Wink
avatar
Dekenai

Posts : 797
Join date : 2009-09-02
Location : Tuggers, ACT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Hammy on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:Hi Adrian and welcome aboard.  Great bike and your at a great site.  Just don't upset 2W. Laughing
Hammy is skating on thin ice Laughing

Your bike is a 2011 bike but was built for the 2012 year The Bandit/GSX year starts in Oct so it depends on if you want the official year or the model year. Its in the dealers interest to call it a newer bike though isn't it.
The good news for you is there is no difference as far as the machine is concerned but you better insure it as a 2011.

Oh welcome Smile
See 2W,  now that wasn't hard was it ?  We are all Gods children and we should love one another. I love you I love you I love you
avatar
Hammy

Posts : 4446
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 58
Location : The Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  2wheelsagain on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:52 pm

Hammy wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:Hi Adrian and welcome aboard.  Great bike and your at a great site.  Just don't upset 2W. Laughing
Hammy is skating on thin ice Laughing

Your bike is a 2011 bike but was built for the 2012 year The Bandit/GSX year starts in Oct so it depends on if you want the official year or the model year. Its in the dealers interest to call it a newer bike though isn't it.
The good news for you is there is no difference as far as the machine is concerned but you better insure it as a 2011.

Oh welcome Smile
See 2W,  now that wasn't hard was it ?  We are all Gods children and we should love one another. I love you I love you I love you
My cunning plan is working *insert evil cackle*

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6222
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  reddog on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:23 pm

If I had my time again I would have bought a full arrow system. The quality of their gear is very good unfortunately Yoshimura was the only slip on available in 07/08, there were no headers made for quite some time. Development work and aftermarket parts take a lot longer on sports tourers it appears. Obviously down to if there is profit in it I guess.
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2400
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Dekenai on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:34 pm

reddog wrote:If I had my time again I would have bought a full arrow system. The quality of their gear is very good unfortunately Yoshimura was the only slip on available in 07/08, there were no headers made for quite some time. Development work and aftermarket parts take a lot longer on sports tourers it appears. Obviously down to if there is profit in it I guess.
Dog, why you say that for...now you got me 2nd guessing myself again...
avatar
Dekenai

Posts : 797
Join date : 2009-09-02
Location : Tuggers, ACT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Jimmy the Boy on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:09 pm

I agree with you TWA that the slightly older ones, like mine 2004, look a bit longish. But the new R77 carbon Tri oval is spot on. And sounds fantastic to boot.
avatar
Jimmy the Boy

Posts : 803
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 48
Location : Wagga Wagga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  2wheelsagain on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:13 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:I agree with you TWA that the slightly older ones, like mine 2004, look a bit longish. But the new R77 carbon Tri oval is spot on. And sounds fantastic to boot.
I just wish they made a shorty. Quality is excellent. 
Its an individual thing I suppose. 
Can't wait for Sunday Smile

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6222
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Hammy on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:32 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:I agree with you TWA that the slightly older ones, like mine 2004, look a bit longish. But the new R77 carbon Tri oval is spot on. And sounds fantastic to boot.
$583 for the Bandit. Delivered from the States.      JAN !!!  What did you say you were buying me for Xmas ?  No
avatar
Hammy

Posts : 4446
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 58
Location : The Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Ewok1958 on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:50 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:G'day Adrian welcome, Suzuki release the next years bikes the previous November, it's been going on since Jesus got his for Christmas. So the dealer wasn't lying ( strange? ) but it is made in 2011. The Yoshi will fit and is the best pipe going, am I right Ewok?Very Happy
Dead right JTB.  Here's a pic to wet the lips.
avatar
Ewok1958

Posts : 3764
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Bemboka, NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Hammy on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 6:13 am

Ewok1958 wrote:
Jimmy the Boy wrote:G'day Adrian welcome, Suzuki release the next years bikes the previous November, it's been going on since Jesus got his for Christmas. So the dealer wasn't lying ( strange? ) but it is made in 2011. The Yoshi will fit and is the best pipe going, am I right Ewok?Very Happy
Dead right JTB.  Here's a pic to wet the lips.
Swap ya for a Delkevic CF, a standard 1250 and a standard 1200 can. Cool Suspect
avatar
Hammy

Posts : 4446
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 58
Location : The Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Chook on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:37 am

2wheelsagain wrote:
 Its in the dealers interest to call it a newer bike though isn't it.
Until you want to trade it in then no doubt they will be calling it a 2011 model


Welcome Adrian
avatar
Chook

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2012-01-20
Age : 52
Location : Between the City and Beach, Adelaide

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  reddog on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:44 am

Dekenai wrote:
reddog wrote:If I had my time again I would have bought a full arrow system. The quality of their gear is very good unfortunately Yoshimura was the only slip on available in 07/08, there were no headers made for quite some time. Development work and aftermarket parts take a lot longer on sports tourers it appears. Obviously down to if there is profit in it I guess.
Dog, why you say that for...now you got me 2nd guessing myself again...
Haha.  It's personal choice to be honest mate. As for the exhaust being too long, do what my brother did on his ZX7 and cut the carbon muffler shorter with an angle grinder. Just mark it with masking tape and cut with a thin cutting disk Smile
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2400
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  avandr on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm

Thanks for all you input guys, I will need to go the Yoshi can asap as my right heel locking under the std one every time I hop on.
Cheers
Adrian
avatar
avandr

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum