Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern NSW Ride

+11
Bosco15
Jimmy the Boy
AL AAAC
Kiwisteve
madmax
paul
Ewok1958
Baz
holdenman
Re-Cycled
Hammy
15 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Northern NSW Ride - Page 9 Empty Northern NSW Ride

Post  Hammy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

OK. Sorry about getting all excited and rushing in about a stage 2 event.  But I would like to try and organise a long weekend ride sometime in the new year while the weather gods are  still kind to us. My pick would be Drake as a 1-2 overnight base camp. Obviously if some of you guys/gals were coming up from a fare way down , then you will organise rest stops along the way.  There are so many fantastic ride roads all around that area that I'm sure that it would be a great location. John and I did Cowra to Drake comfortably in one day, and he was aboard his Triumph Tractor. I'm not suggesting that that is what everyone should do. Only pointing out that it is pretty easy.  I truly hope that we can get something going and look forward to any ones interest.

Paul,  aka Hammy,   aka Eskimo Joe.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Northern NSW Ride - Page 9 Empty Re: Northern NSW Ride

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 03 Mar 2014, 12:00 pm

Hammy wrote:Has anyone seen MadMax  ??     Laughing  Laughing

I hope the big blue beast hasn't gotten tired & decided to have another lie down!  Shocked 

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Mon 03 Mar 2014, 4:07 pm

Kiwisteve wrote:
Hammy wrote:Has anyone seen MadMax  ??     Laughing  Laughing

I hope the big blue beast hasn't gotten tired & decided to have another lie down!  Shocked 
[size=12.800000190734863]Very nearly had a forced lay down going through Muswellbrook.[/size]

Home. Thanks to all, Great ride, Lions Rd might have been interesting but I'll always take the Mt Lindsay Hwy over it. The road from Urbenville to Bruxner Hwy is another bone shaker.

MM left us in Muswellbrook I think he was going the Bylong Valley Way to stay at Gundagai tonight. Ewok, Boatz and myself took the Putty Rd.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 03 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

Well done Baz. You did well considering your wrist. How was the "Putty" ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Mon 03 Mar 2014, 4:46 pm

Hammy wrote:Well done Baz. You did well considering your wrist. How was the "Putty" ?
Great, a little damp in places but that slowed us down for the corners that do tighten up. First time on the Putty for Ewok & Boatz .. I think they liked it.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 5:29 pm

Back in to Canberra with2600kms on the clock - 200 to but not until Wed. Putty rd was good as damp but not raining. Very much enjoyed the whole ride, some bits more than others! Great to catch up and many thanks to Hammy for making it happen. Will need to start saving as bank balance is looking sick! Will post photos later in week. Cheers.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Mon 03 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm

Just a quick hello to say I arrived home around 3 o'çlock. Will write more when I recover a bit.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 03 Mar 2014, 5:56 pm

In Albury for the night. 400ks to go :-)

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 03 Mar 2014, 6:19 pm

madmax wrote:In Albury for the night. 400ks to go :-)

You appear to be doing well MM

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 03 Mar 2014, 6:25 pm

Plan was to go from Muswelbrook to Gundagui but when I got there it was only 2.45.
So pushed on to Albury

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Mon 03 Mar 2014, 6:53 pm

Good to see everyone home safely, hopefully Brian will complete the set tomorrow.

Good to see the Bandits aren't a bunch of pussies and don't mind covering a few K's I can forgive them for whining about their seats now.  Razz 

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 03 Mar 2014, 7:10 pm

madmax wrote:Plan was to go from Muswelbrook to Gundagui but when I got there it was only 2.45.
So pushed on to Albury

Well done MM.  Sometimes it pays not to stop at the appointed spot, and just push on ahead of the others.  Evil or Very Mad .   Laughing 

See ya next time Mate.   Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 03 Mar 2014, 7:33 pm

Apparently

Sorry about that........... Embarassed 

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 03 Mar 2014, 8:27 pm

It's all good MM, us Bandit boys all know we can out-do any old Honda!  Razz 

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:07 pm

What a ride !!!!! It started with Ewok meeting at my place on Thursday, then off to Muswellbrook to join Madmax for a stop over. Right from the get go the weather was not kind, 30 mins from home we hit fog on the freeway with visability at 20 meters, luckily it didn't last too long.  After approx 5 hrs we made it to Muswellbrook riding thru a variety of conditions. After a night tryin to sleep in between a snoring contest ( psst I think Madmax was the winner) off we rode to meet up at Uralla with Recycled and brother Dave. Then thru to Armidale , Tamworth , Tenterfield and arrive Friday arvo at a little place named Drake and the Lunatic Hotel, where the whole district gathers for a good time. Nice pub with nice owners also had nice food and nice accommodation . You know it was just, well NICE. We as in Madmax ,Ewok and myself settled in to 1 of the 2 units there .  Bosco and Co (Chris) had the other unit. The rest bunked up in the fitted out shipping containers with ensuites.   After eating and drinking the night away it was once again time for the snoring contest, this time with Madmax locked away in his own room of the unit it was sort of a 2 horse race with Ewok the clear winner as I don't snore ( says me). Anyway enough bedtime stories, woke Saturday to beautiful (no not sunshine, more rain) Cleared up about 11am. Hammy organised a ride into Queensland via a road only fit for Honda Blackbirds Very Happy  called The Lions Road. This is where a group of 8 riders whittle down to one. Firstly the 3 at the back  lost the leading group who also lost the leading rider. After remaining 7 found each other we continued on and this time the 2 at the back lose the pack and arrive at a T intersection. Flipped a coin turned left and found other 5 at a pub at Rathdowney. Still unable to contact the original leader it was decided that 3 of us would back track the Lions Road while the rest carried on a different track back to Drake  This is where 3 become 1 as I headed back to where I came into town, thinking I was soon to be  followed by other 2 but they had come in on a different road to me and were long gone by the time I turned around.  So from 8 to 1 we are. Off back tracking I go with no sign of missing rider. At the end of the day everyone made it back to Drake in one piece. Rolling Eyes   Saturday night at the Lunatic Hotel is Karaoke night which was interesting. Some of my favourite songs were murdered by local Karaokers ,but fun was had by all. Hammy had organised a birthday cake for Boscos wife Chris which was handed out by the owner Desley ( Des). Chris was quite shocked about it all. Very Happy   Sunday morning rolls around and it's time to say goodbye to Hammy, John, Kiwisteve, Bandit Dave, Bosco, Chris.  The rest of us headed back the way we came and then parted with Recycled and Dave at Armidale I think it was. Muswellbrook here we come, rolls into town around 4pm. Had a strange conversation with the guy at the Motel reception while checking in about his "IDEAS" and Barrack Obama wanting to use them, we almost walked out!!   Walk to nearest pub (16mins)  to finish off the day. Monday morning was Madmax's turn to say goodbyeas he was  taking a different route home than Ewok , Baz and myself. Sleep  Sleep  Sleep I know your thinking, f**king shut up. Ok Lets round it up now.

Thanks to all involved for a great 5 day trip, personally covered approx. 2100ks. Thumbs up for the Holeshot Corbin seat I recently purchased off Crimsomdawn. Don't think I could have done it on stock seat.

Another thanks to Baz for taking Ewok and myself on the Putty Road (very nice). Very Happy  Very Happy 

And lastly to Hammy for organising the event, Job well done!!!!! Very Happy  Very Happy 

Cheers Boatz.

PS.  I have tried to protect the names of the innocent as much as possible.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 04 Mar 2014, 6:58 am

I have lodged a protest with the judges over that snoring contest. I'm sure I didn't win it Wink 

After all I was awake most of the night listening too you two  Razz 

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 04 Mar 2014, 7:02 am

Great stuff Boatz.  Don't worry about protecting anyone.  They won't !  Glad you enjoyed it.  See you down on the southside sometime.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 07 Mar 2014, 7:48 am

MM, Sorry I wasn't home to provide you with accommodation as planned. Bloody work rang to say I had to travel to Bathurst on Sunday (like Cowra ride). Just got home last night. Maybe next time mate. I can assure you of one thing, you won't beat me in a snoring competition according to my wife. I don't know how though because I don't snore either??? Very Happy
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 07 Mar 2014, 7:55 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:

MM, Sorry I wasn't home to provide you with accommodation as planned. Bloody work rang to say I had to travel to Bathurst on Sunday (like Cowra ride). Just got home last night. Maybe next time mate. I can assure you of one thing, you won't beat me in a snoring competition according to my wife. I don't know how though because I don't snore either??? Very Happy

No problem mate.

I have a theory about women and snoring. They snore so loud themselves that when they hear it they think its their partner.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:27 am

madmax wrote:
Jimmy the Boy wrote:

No problem mate.

I have a theory about women and snoring. They snore so loud themselves that when they hear it they think its their partner.

lol! 
I think you hit the nail on the head there MM

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:08 am

Jan cuts down a whole friggin forest each night.   lol! 

ps.  This is in confidence.   Right !
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9