Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ewoks 3 mountains ride

4 posters

Go down

Ewoks 3 mountains ride  Empty Ewoks 3 mountains ride

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 27 Oct 2013, 8:25 pm

Ewok has to live in the best part of the Bega Valley ! Not only does he have a beautiful Picturesque property virtually smack in the middle he is only a bees willy from some awesome roads, but then so am i being in Merimbula.

Due to some things like lawns and gardening to do my organised ride needed to be cut short, so it was suggested a we go to Bombala for a coffee run ( interesting that i don't drink coffee) so as not to waffle to much Ewok got the best of it ! 3 Mountains in one day. Myrtle Mountain, Mount Darragh and Brown Mountain, whilst the rest of us just got to do two,

Ewoks 3 mountains ride  Candel10

we meet up in Wyndham after a suggestion that the trixie needed a run to get the willy wag tail shit off it, i camera'd up the GSX and decided to give ewok 2 minutes 54 seconds of fame on the darragh

the old girl ( the bike that is ) was running a bit rich, but she sounded awesome and ewok was as ever cautious not up set his pride and joy

then we got to Bombala i had a sparkling water whilst the rest had coffee

Ewoks 3 mountains ride  Img_2126
 it was on to the brown mountain where i got about another 8 minutes of Ewok fame but i am too busy to put it together.

Thanks Ewok once again your company was great

Jim
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Ewoks 3 mountains ride  Empty Re: Ewoks 3 mountains ride

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 8:52 pm

Thanks James.  That loop is about 170kms for me and like you said, includes three really nice windy bits.  But in addition, I'm quite impressed with the Mogilla Rd bit just out of Bemboka - with its 75 and 85 kmph corners it's a swoopy run for the Bandit for about 20 kms.  With my riding style and abilities, I probably even enjoy that bit the most (but hey, this is like comparing 9/10 and 10/10).  It works just as well in the other direction, possibly even better because going up Brown Mt is better than descending it (IMHO).  Thanks for organising it and I got home at 12.55pm, ie 5 minutes before Moto3 coverage came on - great day all round. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:44 pm

Lucky buggers out riding today.
Sounds like a nice loop.
Dave how do you find the TRX for your lanky size?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:58 pm

Mate, it is a size too small for long riding (or I'm a size too big).  But I don't plan to run up too many k's on it so for a 200km loop it's not too bad, just a bit cramped at times operating the rear brake.

PS: yep, a ripper day out, that's for sure.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Truck bandit Thu 31 Oct 2013, 8:49 am

Do you encounter any dirt roads on that loop?

I've looked at going though there on my way the the Island in previous years.
I go through Bombala on the way down to Lakes Entrance before the races and come back from Eden on the Tuesday after racing. I've seen the signs to these places and would love to get a taste of these roads.
Brown Mountain and the Bega Valley are beautiful areas to ride, I've enjoyed myself everytime i've gone through the area.

If gravel, is it good condition?

How'd you find the Big Bandit on the gravel anyway? I've had a few km's under the belt and thought it handled pretty well i think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:24 pm

No gravel at all
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: