Another view of drugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another view of drugs

Post  paul on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:49 pm

This topic was mentioned briefly the other day in the jokes section , & I thought the following may be of insight to some & hopefully may be of some help to others . Be aware.
The guy in question was my apprentice & like one of my own kids ..............He also bought my business from me when I had a sea change due to cancer at the time & moved on to something else  .( although I did still give him a hand  a couple of times & kept in touch )
A few years later, I found out he had sold off plant & stock for a pittance to pay a " debt " & went interstate .
 Unfortunately he returned & while I have no intention on dwelling on or judging  what he was in to  as it doesn't take a genius to work that one out & how wrong it was  ,I can only wonder what may have been if I had known how deep into the scene he had gotten  earlier .................I'm sure the arse kicking he would have gotten from me would have been a whole lot better than the ultimate cost he ended up paying  .
 Such a f$#*ing waste !
Mr Google has omitted some of the pages to this book , but there is plenty there to get the story .

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=PLoa7SybmTkC&pg=RA2-PA40&lpg=RA2-PA40&dq=gary+kirk+beaumont&source=bl&ots=83Cz83EvF9&sig=GwR9abosxqfJebwHozqAYMhaqzw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=uVlWUoTvKOX-iAeHq4GQAw&ved=0CEUQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=gary%20kirk%20beaumont&f=false

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another view of drugs

Post  Tsim on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:05 pm

WOW, going to buy the book, that is a terrifying read
Tsim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:21 pm

Must admit I was a bit surprised when I found out it was in the book ................pretty horrific though

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:31 pm

yeah Paul, its not good. I`m a tradesman and I`m around that scene(I mean persons that indulge) quiet a bit.  predominantly apprentices and young tradespersons, but there is still a fair share of mature people

if I know someone is using, and it stands out like dogs balls( I was no saint as an apprentice, but never went down the chemical path) I will flatly refuse to work with someone, not only do I not want to be apart of that persons mind set, I don`t want them hurting, maiming, or killing me , due to a momentary lapse of reason in their decision.

I`m around cranes, and big shit all the time, and I just don`t want it near me.

I`ve seen to many off dial characters!!
mtbeerwah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:45 pm

Unfortunately it's not only the effects at the time , it is also the aggro etc when they are coming down off the shit which can cause heartache  for anyone who cares about them ............
I"m not referring to Gary here , unfortunately it can effect anyone & often does .

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:52 pm

I`ve seen some of the nicest people being... how should I say, in trouble, effected, I don`t know.. become liars and thieves, to the point I don`t trust them any more, but it still comes down to the self to want to stop or get help.
mtbeerwah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:35 am

happened to a really good mate of mine,he had everything,nice missus,a house,a big car collection and there where some real nice machines amongst them,.
man he lost everything to speed.
just 24/7 speed speed and more speed,
sold of the cars one by one,the missus had to get out after he gave her a kickn for a lousy 50bucks to buy more,you guessed it speed.
,that was the last straw for her,took the kids and left.that was the end of him..its a shit world to be a part of thats for sure..
fat pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:13 am

We have friends that are going through this at the moment with a teenage son (aged 17).  The son has already been jailed once because he smashed up their house (twice) including the furniture, gratified and punched holes in all the walls, poured piss and crap on their bed, kicked the front windscreen out of the car (whilst sitting in the passenger seat), threatened their lives - it just goes on and on.  They are at their wits end - I'm sure it will cost them their marriage, and possibly their sanity as well.  The shame of it was that the kid was quite talented before he started with the drugs, cocaine led to ice and that's when he became psychopathic.  The biggest problem is their is no way to predict or control how it might end - "end" in this case doesn't look like it will be pleasant.   Having seen this in action and having tried to provide as much moral support as we can, I'm just thankful that our kids put their teenage year efforts into sport, not drugs.
Ewok1958

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:33 am

Very sad and sobering topic.  The war against drugs will never be won. How can you beat something that is so addictive and generates such wealth and poverty all at once ?  Some things in this world are so beautiful and then others are just so tragically awful. We are a strange creature, us humans.  My thoughts go out to all the parents that have gone or are going through such an event.
Hammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:08 pm

You lay down with dogs, you get flees...

I had two brothers that were major drug dealers back in the 80's, and heavily involved in the underworld, all of which split and destroyed the family. One sorted his life out and butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, because he found God, the other was recently deported from the USA to the UK after serving a sentence for drug dealing last heard of living rough with very little future. Sad, maybe no one held a gun to their head and made them make the choices they did.

What I would love to do is put a bullet in every drug funder, supplier and dealer in the chain. The cold hard truth is its all about supply and demand and that there will always be some filthy scum bag that is ready and willing to step in when one is taken out..

The More People I Meet
The More I like My Dog
Rustic

View user profile http://s1165.photobucket.com/profile/Rustic101/index

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:00 pm

well maybe they should legalise it.that would take the prophet away from the dealers
fat pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:46 pm

The main problem with legalizing hard drugs is that it gives them some form of legitimacy & therefore the likelihood of creating a generation of crack heads from " giving it a try " is a distinct probability & you could end up with a bigger problem than we have now with alcohol .

paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum