Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riverina/NE VIC Ride - 27th June

2 posters

Go down

NSW Riverina/NE VIC Ride - 27th June Empty NSW Riverina/NE VIC Ride - 27th June

Post  b12mick Thu 27 May 2010, 4:55 pm

Leaving from Harleys Cafe Lake Albert (Wagga) at 9:00 - meet at 8:30.
Head to Howlong for petrol and coffee via Culcairn and Walbundrie.
From Howlong to Rutherglen then on to Yarrawonga for lunch.
Yarrawonga back to Howlong via Corowa.
Howlong back to Wagga via Walbundrie and Culcairn.

Total distance - according to google maps - 441km
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

NSW Riverina/NE VIC Ride - 27th June Empty Re: NSW Riverina/NE VIC Ride - 27th June

Post  rickbandit Mon 31 May 2010, 4:24 pm

would love to tag along but i start 7 day roster and will be at work that date,hope weather is good for you,cheers rick.
rickbandit
rickbandit

Back to top Go down

NSW Riverina/NE VIC Ride - 27th June Empty Re: NSW Riverina/NE VIC Ride - 27th June

Post  b12mick Tue 01 Jun 2010, 12:27 pm

Bugger.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 28 Jun 2010, 12:02 pm

Well what can I say. It was bloody cold. 6 of us left Wagga at about 9am and it was cold (0c) and foggy. By the time we got to Mangoplah (30minutes) the fog was gone, but so was on of the riders. Apparantly he gave a little wave and turned off to Uranquinty and probably back home.

At Henty my wife had done her back in and decided that she'd best head back home. So 4 of us made our way to Howlong where we refuelled and had coffee. From there to Rutherglen and on to Yarrawonga and the Criterion for lunch. Just after Rutherglen I gave the others a sphincter puckering moment when I 'lane split' between a left turning car and on comming traffic at 100. Probably not the smartest thing I;ve done, but hey it was a calculated risk and it ended well. I can recommed eating at the Criterion, the food, price and service were quite good. From there we headed back to Howlong via Corowa for fuel and more coffee, then home via Culcairn.

We had a good day and I think everyone enjoyed themselves, it was a bit different to the normal rides we do. Not a lot of corners.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum