Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triumph Speed Triple 1050R

4 posters

Go down

Triumph Speed Triple 1050R Empty Triumph Speed Triple 1050R

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 02 Aug 2013, 8:04 am

Triumph Speed Triple 1050R <a href=Triumph Speed Triple 1050R Gc508512

Can I please ask for your feedback on one of these badboys? I cannot find one negative comment on any review anywhere, except maybe the price is a bit steep when new. It certainly looks the goods doesn't it? When you start reading things like, " the Aprillia Tuono V4R doesn't hold a candle to it " and " this is the greatest motorcycle in the history of the world ever " and " in all my years of testing bikes, this is by far the best motorcycle I have ever ridden ". it sort of makes me sit up and think, why the hell aren't I riding one of these? Suzy, anything you don't like about yours? I have a couple of mates with Triumphs and they love them. Would love to get everyones feedback, good or bad. Cheers Jimmy.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Triumph Speed Triple 1050R Empty Re: Triumph Speed Triple 1050R

Post  SuzySuzuki Fri 02 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

Hey Jimmy,
Mine is a 2010 Street Triple, slightly less power than the Speed (Street is the Daytona 675).
 My only rant about the Street is the vibration and suspension. I have a bad back, and after riding this for two hours straight, i couldnt feel anything below the waist. It definitely isnt a long distance bike, hence the reason Suzy is still in the garage on life support. TheTriple may be traded at a later date, unless i can sell it for a good price.
 I suspect the Speed would have much better suspension, so you would only have to take one for a good hard ride to figure out if its the bike you lust for....

[img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/Triumph Speed Triple 1050R 20130310[/img]

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[Triumph Speed Triple 1050R Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 02 Aug 2013, 10:09 am

Thanks Suzy, do you rate the fly screen? I owned a Duke Monster 10 years ago and when I sold it I promised myself Id never buy another full naked as the buffering at higher speeds became intolerable. But the more I read about this bike the more I want one.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Fri 02 Aug 2013, 10:12 am

Its a very light bike at 162kgs, around 60kgs lighter than the Bandit with a full tank, so the screen doesnt make a big difference, just keeps the instruments cleaner lol... Everything you see on the Street Triple, came with it, and i have a box of extras that the dealer had taken off it, including the twin exhausts. If i can get a good comfy custom made seat, and get the suspension altered somehow, this would be my bike of choice.

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[Triumph Speed Triple 1050R Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Fri 02 Aug 2013, 12:31 pm

Have a mate who has a mate who bought one.  He was never happy with the suspension, which he always found too harsh for regular road work and sold the bike w/out ever being able to sort it.

It is hot looking though; specialy in black.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Sun 04 Aug 2013, 12:21 pm

Great for popping wheelies - probably wouldn't keep your licence long - they bring out the hoon in you!

Great fun - hot rod on 2 wheels.Smile
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down